Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC puts blue label on "new" modified excl18147

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
I wonder what happened to make them do this. Every communication prior to this was some version of, "We did nothing wrong, nothing to see here, go about your business."

I feel like there had to have been outside pressure from somewhere; auction houses? Marvel? Entities with lots of submissions? It just seems like a huge walk back after doubling down more than once.
I don't doubt for 1 second that marvel has been in direct communication with cgc on this matter.. " after discussions this week" leaves open external parties also being involved
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
*puts on his "The Great Zoso" turbin...*

I predict the removal of acetates from the comic inventory!

GOOD! 😆

*poof*
Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
I wonder what happened to make them do this. Every communication prior to this was some version of, "We did nothing wrong, nothing to see here, go about your business."

I feel like there had to have been outside pressure from somewhere; auction houses? Marvel? Entities with lots of submissions? It just seems like a huge walk back after doubling down more than once.

Wonder how many auto renew memberships were turned off? While not necessarily saying they won't continue to use CGC it would certainly be noticed if a higher # happened since this issue broke than a similar normal period.

Ya know Kat....you make a great point on membership renewals.

I know for a fact, if I were a CGC member and this happened, I would move ALL my expected services to CBCS. CGC has shown me their cards...."Grading outside, but not inside"????...wait? What?

*sighs*

'Bout time failure exposed itself openly.

Maybe now "they" will step up to their job a bit better.

Now only if those darn Newton ringsv would go away...lol....

Z
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Quote:

Wonder how many auto renew memberships were turned off? While not necessarily saying they won't continue to use CGC it would certainly be noticed if a higher # happened since this issue broke than a similar normal period.

Ya know Kat....you make a great point on membership renewals.

I know for a fact, if I were a CGC member and this happened, I would move ALL my expected services to CBCS. CGC has shown me their cards...."Grading outside, but not inside"????...wait? What?

*sighs*

'Bout time failure exposed itself openly.

Maybe now "they" will stoep up to their job a bit better.

Now only if those darn Newton ringsv would go away...lol....

Z
there is a thread over there on QC issues.. In last couple of days someone showed their slab with 9.8 I believe but they knew it had a big internal defect as the presser tore the inside pages and sent photo but owner decided to go through with grading anyway.

Easy to speed up TAT by not looking at internals
Post 579 IP   flag post
All I can say is.....wow.....

My "trust" in CGC has now been given to CBCS on all things grading.

Thanks for the post.
Post 580 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
For a lot of people, this was CGC's 'jump the shark' moment. I'll only be using them for a few signings and underground books that CBCS won't grade. Absolutely nothing else and when someone else starts grading underground books I'll switch to them. How did CGC miss the part where the entire point of paying a 3rd-party grader was to have solid, dependable, honest, verifiable, and quantifiable information about a graded item? Anyone can make mistakes (mislabeling, damaged slab, etc.), but this isn't just a mistake. This is willful. They did something actionable on purpose just so they and a dodgy store and a bunch of useless 'influencers' could make a quick buck. There's just nothing more to say.
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Post 582 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
For a lot of people, this was CGC's 'jump the shark' moment. I'll only be using them for a few signings and underground books that CBCS won't grade. Absolutely nothing else and when someone else starts grading underground books I'll switch to them. How did CGC miss the part where the entire point of paying a 3rd-party grader was to have solid, dependable, honest, verifiable, and quantifiable information about a graded item? Anyone can make mistakes (mislabeling, damaged slab, etc.), but this isn't just a mistake. This is willful. They did something actionable on purpose just so they and a dodgy store and a bunch of useless 'influencers' could make a quick buck. There's just nothing more to say.
yes they only gave the response they have after being backed into a corner on this one issue.

If so stubbornly hold ground on such a blatant misstep in providing an impartial verification of authenticity service relied on by all customers ( including secondary market) one can only wonder has the line already been crossed elsewhere for a economic benefit ?

( my personal opinion is already very clear on the matter)
Post 583 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
If so stubbornly hold ground on such a blatant misstep in providing an impartial verification of authenticity service relied on by all customers ( including secondary market) one can only wonder has the line already been crossed elsewhere for a economic benefit ?

And that's the issue. Is this the only time they've done this or the only time they've been caught? Is this where it will stop? I know what their answer will be, but can I trust that answer given what they've done?
Post 584 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thanks for the post.
to clarify this is what i was referring. its not smoking gun by any means. but in context of whats coming to light recently ...

now adding this one for a laugh

Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wraith that is a lot of spine ticks.
Post 586 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

Thanks for the post.
to clarify this is what i was referring. its not smoking gun by any means. but in context of whats coming to light recently ...

now adding this one for a laugh

But but it’s a Newstand
Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
They both make mistakes with labeling and grading. It's not a CGC exclusive.

Post 588 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

[Raises hand.]

The sad part is that CGC lost me because of simple quality issues, before they lost me with the invisible comics, before they lost me with acetate gate.
Post 589 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

[Raises hand.]

The sad part is that CGC lost me because of simple quality issues, before they lost me with the invisible comics, before they lost me with acetate gate.

It was my giant stack of 27 returns last December that they kept stonewalling me on for months & months, and then when they finally acknowledged that I existed (in April) they had the gall to say they would process the returns as a favour to me since the deadline to send them in had expired.

Then came invisible comics and Acetategate. We're done now.
Post 590 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't auto-renew with either grading company but when one increases it's membership (double?) and grading fees and has no customer service, while the other sends out $99 membership promos for $149 worth of grading and sell for more, it makes it easy to sign up. Especially with a stack of mags I've been waiting to get graded.

The reality is there will be very few who stop submitting to CGC over this. You have to remember only those of us on forums or social media are even aware. They keep it that way by only putting out these statements in their forum. Most comic book collectors are not in their forums or on social media. You have thousands of older guys who deal in this stuff and they don't pay attention to drama or moderns, etc. They will just keep submitting to CGC. Then there are the hundreds of retailers who submit to CGC with their dealer discounts and customers who want CGC. They will also keep submitting. Then you have those who don't want mixed labels in their collections, etc, etc. CGC has a customer base that is large and loyal.

People love the drama of it all, including me, but it will blow over and change nothing.

CGC knows this.
Post 591 IP   flag post
At around 4 mins into this video guy shows photo of the actual 10.0 slab with an obvious defect on cover

Post 592 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Just when you thought this story was over...

Post 593 IP   flag post
the scandal that keeps getting more scandalous
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
"Taken" as if she was abducted. Sure, it's a shitty thing to do, but from the videos I've seen of this guy he's a complete narcissist. Wouldn't be terribly surprised that his wife wasn't happy at home. Either way, has nothing to do with the art or comics.
Post 595 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
One big, humble, kind, happy family that are very deserved of one another.
I'm happy for the whole lot of them
Post 596 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

Sorry couldn’t resist.
Post 597 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It takes more than one person to have an affair. If blame was butter, they'd all be greasy.
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I’m surprised that the post going up are allowed on the forum. Just from a bad taste perspective they are appalling.

What do the posts tell perspective consumers about CBCS as a company?
Post 599 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
*yawn*
Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I’m surprised that the post going up are allowed on the forum. Just from a bad taste perspective they are appalling.

What do the posts tell potential consumers about the gossipy frau's posting the posts? Cluck cluck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS9AbdbPxY
Post 601 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That video created a very sharp pain throughout my body. Oy Vey!
Post 602 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
*yawn*

This reminds me of my favorite meme:

Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

What do the posts tell potential consumers about the gossipy frau's posting the posts? Cluck cluck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS9AbdbPxY

I’ve no idea what your post means or what you are attempting to impart.
Post 604 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

The dude abides.
Post 605 IP   flag post
600699 617 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?