Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC puts blue label on "new" modified excl18147

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently Nerdy Girl has a favorite selfie pose and a signature head tilt.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Hmmm nerdy girl still at it. Lol

sheeetttt..... does this mean she is just as or even more 'qualified' than that EGS guy??!!
Post 552 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
What does that even mean?

Also confused. Why would you take a CGC grading class? Is it similar to the ITT Tech scam?

Or are you refering to how "nobody's the boss of [her]", implying she is either self employed or on welfare.

I know Danielle, not personally per se, but I've met her and her boyfriend/husband/significant other. They're not on welfare. They're self employed in the comic business. Her b/h/so deals in some very nice books. Adam aka Filter81 on the cgc boards. Very nice guy. He's quiet and reserved. She's boisterous and outgoing.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Apparently Nerdy Girl has a favorite selfie pose and a signature head tilt.

Don't they all?
Post 554 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also confused. Why would you take a CGC grading class? Is it similar to the ITT Tech scam?

Or are you refering to how "nobody's the boss of [her]", implying she is either self employed or on welfare.

I know Danielle, not personally per se, but I've met her and her boyfriend/husband/significant other. They're not on welfare. They're self employed in the comic business. Her b/h/so deals in some very nice books. Adam aka Filter81 on the cgc boards. Very nice gut. He's quiet and reserved. She's boisterous and outgoing.

I'll take your word for it. I don't look too closely at that on other people's hubbies. Gets me in trouble.
Post 555 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

I think it's great 1. that there is a woman who is in our hobby, that's quite rare overall. 2. that she is trying improve her knowledge of the grading process. Good for her. I have been in this hobby for over 30 years now, and I am always learning.
Post 556 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know Danielle, not personally per se, but I've met her and her boyfriend/husband/significant other. They're not on welfare. They're self employed in the comic business. Her b/h/so deals in some very nice books. Adam aka Filter81 on the cgc boards. Very nice gut. He's quiet and reserved. She's boisterous and outgoing.

I’m glad you like her so much. I don’t really care for her she’s part of the slimy sellers that’s part of black flag scandal.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@DrWatson

I think it's great 1. that there is a woman who is in our hobby, that's quite rare overall. 2. that she is trying improve her knowledge of the grading process. Good for her. I have been in this hobby for over 30 years now, and I am always learning.

Why, thank you!
Post 558 IP   flag post
Quote:
she’s part of the slimy sellers that’s part of black flag scandal.

Ouch. I thought she was but didn't know for sure. What a shame.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know Danielle, not personally per se, but I've met her and her boyfriend/husband/significant other. They're not on welfare. They're self employed in the comic business. Her b/h/so deals in some very nice books. Adam aka Filter81 on the cgc boards. Very nice guy. He's quiet and reserved. She's boisterous and outgoing.

I’m glad you like her so much. I don’t really care for her she’s part of the slimy sellers that’s part of black flag scandal.

I know of her. I haven't dealt with her. Her h/b/so is a class act.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take your word for it. I don't look too closely at that on other people's hubbies. Gets me in trouble.

Guy.
Post 561 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The internet turned self-promotion into a full blown industry. It was cute when there were just a few. Now it’s like the trouble with tribbles episode of Star Trek.
Post 562 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The internet turned self-promotion into a full blown industry. It was cute when there were just a few. Now it’s like the trouble with tribbles episode of Star Trek.

Lol never thought of it like that but ur right.
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:

fun being old!! I'm oblivious to all this social media stuff!!
Have friends and family on facebook and instagram and watch a few things on youtube..thats about it

kind of figure all these social media stars/influencers are like being rich but in Monopoly....none of it's real
Post 564 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The grading community spoke, and CGC listened!!

Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Nice..

Interesting they had to state "the grade assigned will take into consideration the grade of the acetate cover as well as the interior of the book. ". Does this mean they have not been doing this to date, or are they implying those magical 9.9 and 10.0 are the grade given to the entire book (holes included) as that is the way they were graded..
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Nice..

Interesting they had to state "the grade assigned will take into consideration the grade of the acetate cover as well as the interior of the book. ". Does this mean they have not been doing this to date, or are they implying those magical 9.9 and 10.0 are the grade given to the entire book (holes included) as that is the way they were graded..

Not sure it could be read any other way. This also explains the high number of 9.9 and 10s.

They're backpeddling because they got caught. Wonder how long this would have taken if not for the sales floor fiasco.
Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The grading community spoke, and CGC listened!!

Good to hear! I still say it shouldn't have had to happen this way because CGC should have known from the beginning that it wasn't okay, but at least they finally acknowledge the screw-up.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Nice..

Apparently, they 'splained away the staple-holes by claiming it was part of the 'manufacturing process.' I call that code for 'we pump hot air at you in hopes you'll not notice the pungent stink of BS.'
Post 569 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder what happened to make them do this. Every communication prior to this was some version of, "We did nothing wrong, nothing to see here, go about your business."

I feel like there had to have been outside pressure from somewhere; auction houses? Marvel? Entities with lots of submissions? It just seems like a huge walk back after doubling down more than once.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
I feel like there had to have been outside pressure from somewhere; auction houses? Marvel? Entities with lots of submissions?

I think you may have something there...
Post 571 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 good point!!
Post 572 IP   flag post
Quote:
I wonder what happened to make them do this. Every communication prior to this was some version of, "We did nothing wrong, nothing to see here, go about your business."

I feel like there had to have been outside pressure from somewhere; auction houses? Marvel? Entities with lots of submissions? It just seems like a huge walk back after doubling down more than once.

Wonder how many auto renew memberships were turned off? While not necessarily saying they won't continue to use CGC it would certainly be noticed if a higher # happened since this issue broke than a similar normal period.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I bet Marvel jumped in on the conversation...with CGC.

Too bad, we will never know the truth.
Post 574 IP   flag post
I bet submissions went way down and said crap we need to fix this damage of our conspiracy with Crain and black flag. We got caught this time on to the next.
Post 575 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don't doubt for 1 second that marvel has been in direct communication with cgc on this matter.. " after discussions this week" leaves open external parties also being involved
Post 576 IP   flag post
*puts on his "The Great Zoso" turbin...*

I predict the removal of acetates from the comic inventory!

GOOD! 😆

*poof*
Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Wonder how many auto renew memberships were turned off? While not necessarily saying they won't continue to use CGC it would certainly be noticed if a higher # happened since this issue broke than a similar normal period.

Ya know Kat....you make a great point on membership renewals.

I know for a fact, if I were a CGC member and this happened, I would move ALL my expected services to CBCS. CGC has shown me their cards...."Grading outside, but not inside"????...wait? What?

*sighs*

'Bout time failure exposed itself openly.

Maybe now "they" will step up to their job a bit better.

Now only if those darn Newton ringsv would go away...lol....

Z
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Ya know Kat....you make a great point on membership renewals.

I know for a fact, if I were a CGC member and this happened, I would move ALL my expected services to CBCS. CGC has shown me their cards...."Grading outside, but not inside"????...wait? What?

*sighs*

'Bout time failure exposed itself openly.

Maybe now "they" will stoep up to their job a bit better.

Now only if those darn Newton ringsv would go away...lol....

Z
there is a thread over there on QC issues.. In last couple of days someone showed their slab with 9.8 I believe but they knew it had a big internal defect as the presser tore the inside pages and sent photo but owner decided to go through with grading anyway.

Easy to speed up TAT by not looking at internals
Post 579 IP   flag post
All I can say is.....wow.....

My "trust" in CGC has now been given to CBCS on all things grading.

Thanks for the post.
Post 580 IP   flag post
598060 617 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?