Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC puts blue label on "new" modified excl18147

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics That's a load of made up after the fact mumbo jumbo.
Post 351 IP   flag post
It's also insane that they still receive a universal label.

If Herb Trimpe was still alive, I wonder if I could get him to draw me a new Marvel Value Stamp on acetate, staple into my Hulk 181 missing the value stamp, and get a universal label from the cgc?
Post 352 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
the hits keep on coming... Black Flag literally is giving away suckers at their booth in Boston.
Suckers for all the suckers.
Post 353 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
the hits keep on coming... Black Flag literally is giving away suckers at their booth in Boston.

I think this is how many businesses in this industry view collectors...CGC included.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It's also insane that they still receive a universal label.

If Herb Trimpe was still alive, I wonder if I could get him to draw me a new Marvel Value Stamp on acetate, staple into my Hulk 181 missing the value stamp, and get a universal label from the cgc?

If we could do the same with Rich Buckler, I could fix up my DD #131!! It's a plan!
Post 355 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I think this is how many businesses in this industry view collectors...CGC included.

If they didn't before, they do now.
Post 356 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics
All the back & forth... the wild backpedaling... the overwhelming stench of BS... I-I think I'm gonna be sick... *ACK*
Post 357 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Maybe "investors" more so than collectors.
Post 358 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Maybe "investors" more so than collectors.

Agreed!
Post 359 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Official word from CGC Mike about acetate value stamps:

- The addition of the value stamp to the comic with the missing value stamp had to be created by the same artist of the original value stamp

- the hand drawn acetate value stamp had to contain both a cover and an original value stamp by the same artist

- A copy of the reproduced acetate value stamp by Trimpe had to be submitted for us for acceptance, before we certify.

So it's all ok! dontcha see?
Post 360 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
next up: acetates with barcodes to turn any comic into a newsstand edition!!
Post 361 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a big order ready to go with CGC but it's now getting split up in to smaller ones to cbcs. I'm getting off this trian which I can see is not running properly. I've changed my state a few times on which company to use but the choice is clear now and besides west and his team will give me an accurate grade over a name brand mishap. Cbcs all the way; they rocked my spawn 1 👍
Post 362 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Cbcs all the way

Agree, but I wish CBCS had lower turnaround times and better memembership options.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

- The addition of the value stamp to the comic with the missing value stamp had to be created by the same artist of the original value stamp

- the hand drawn acetate value stamp had to contain both a cover and an original value stamp by the same artist

- A copy of the reproduced acetate value stamp by Trimpe had to be submitted for us for acceptance, before we certify.

I wonder when he will say.....
"...and we have been in contact with Marvel and here is their approval."

Uhmmm....*looks at his watch*.....I am still waiting? Marvel...are you listening? Or is it that CGC now dictates your publishing rules?

smh
Post 364 IP   flag post
@flanders I agree
Post 365 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:

Uhmmm....*looks at his watch*.....I am still waiting? Marvel...are you listening? Or is it that CGC now dictates your publishing rules?

smh

I'm not sure Marvel can really say anything. Isn't this similar to modifying vehicles? If you modify a Chevy to add a spoiler and mag wheels and sell it can Chevy stop you or say something about it? not sure...
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

smh

I'm not sure Marvel can really say anything. Isn't this similar to modifying vehicles? If you modify a Chevy to add a spoiler and mag wheels and sell it can Chevy stop you or say something about it? not sure...

Good point. Adding anything OEM is done to make money...this is no exception.

I concede to your thinking.

Cheers!
Tim
Post 367 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I used to get a sucker after visiting the dentist office in the early 70's
Post 368 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo.... I have an early appearance or Aqualad... Ramona is still alive...we need to get her to create an acetate cover I can staple to my 5.0 to bump it to 10.0

Although I think she did the interior and not the cover art......
Post 369 IP   flag post
I used to be afraid of my dentist....
Post 370 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
If Leifeld did this would it decrease the grade/value of a book?
Post 371 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
If Leifeld did this would it decrease the grade/value of a book?

acetate feet?
Post 372 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

smh

Chevrolet can probably avoid honoring any warranty claims, depending on the modification. They have also recently announced that flipping in-demand models (like the new Hummer EV or Corvette Z06) will void most of the vehicle warranties. Including the power train.
Post 373 IP   flag post
Black Flag has reportedly stopped selling the Ghost Rider and Deadpool acetates in Boston.

Post 374 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
I used to be afraid of my dentist....

What do you mean "used to be" lol....
Post 375 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics what if my copy has 5 staples, would it get a 10.8???
Post 376 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 lmao he was a big guy and heavy handed lol. He passed away unfortunately so I had to find a new one.
Post 377 IP   flag post
That deadpool is pretty cool lol
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

smh

Chevy can say something if you claim that it's a special authorised Chevy upgrade. As soon as you say Chevy had anything to do with and it wasn't ALL just you, then Chevy can step in and demand you not associate their brand with your garage mods.

That being said, as soon as the comic was considered an 'official' variant, that implies consent from the publisher. The publisher can say something unless there's something else in play, like a precedent having already been set where a merchant was allowed to do something similar in the past with no repercussions.
Post 379 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
If they've been pulled from Boston; I guarantee they'll show up somehow, somewhere else in a much more clandestine way.

Smart.... smart.
Post 380 IP   flag post
601338 617 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?