Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC puts blue label on "new" modified excl18147

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
They should have subbed to CBCS under the ART label. Any experienced slab collector knows you can't add anything via staples to a book once it leaves the publishers and expect a blue label from the cgc. So, the rules apply to me and you, but not to Black Flag and Clayton Crain? That's the real problem.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics it kinda seems like he already is. He canceled on c2e2 and he already canceled on Boston fan expo too. I don't blame him at all for this, he just did the art - he didn't make all of the bs that followed.

Also, I didn't watch the video that was posted until now...and I only made it a few minutes in before I started to gag.

The whole cgc thing, sure that's bad. I don't agree with it. The high grades? Eh I dunno, they probably went right from being made to grading basically, which should always be higher than anything that endures handling. Should they be qualified? Yes. But that compared to this douchebag? Doesn't even compare at all.

Not only is he fine with what he did, he's totally behind it 100% and proud of it. He must say 5 times in the first 2 minutes how dope black flag is. Dude, you're not dope. I had an issue with it before, but now...I will never buy anything from black flag.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
So whereas most (if not all I've read/seen) on this forum believe otherwise, there are a whole bunch out there who will continue to heavily support them if given the opportunity to do so.

True, but the CGC forum is attacking this move even more brutally than this forum is.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
So whereas most (if not all I've read/seen) on this forum believe otherwise, there are a whole bunch out there who will continue to heavily support them if given the opportunity to do so.

True, but the CGC forum is attacking this move even more brutally than this forum is.

That's because we're slightly more sophisticated than a pack of rabid hyenas.
Post 229 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Slightly.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
I will never buy anything from black flag.

WORD. They weren't on my radar before but they are now, and not in a good way.
Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I may need to go check that out, just from the viewpoint of the morbidly curious.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo....

If I had the invisible comic...and attached an acetate cover to it.....
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Sooo....

If I had the invisible comic...and attached an acetate cover to it.....
you'd get a 20.0.
Post 234 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:

I may need to go check that out, just from the viewpoint of the morbidly curious.

They should.
It's gotta be embarrassing.
Post 235 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics
You'd have 2 more staples added that appear to float in space
Post 236 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Would CGC grade a book if I added a gem to the cover....like the Eclipso one in the 90s??

Oh man, oh man, oh man...gonna get my glue gun ready and rake in the cash!!

"Bedazzled Variant"
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
ac·e·tate

noun
noun: acetate; plural noun: acetates
CHEMISTRY
a salt or ester of acetic acid, containing the anion CH3COO− or the group —OCCH3.
"A more extensive study involving 86 CD patients examined the effect of 50,000 IU vitamin A acetate twice daily or placebo for an average of 14.1 months."
cellulose acetate, especially as used to make textile fibers or plastic.
"acetate silk"
a transparency made of cellulose acetate film.
"A final suggestion for getting images onto clear plastic sheets for this and other projects is to use an acrylic medium and transfer the ink-jet printed image to the acetate."
a recording disk coated with cellulose acetate.
"At one time, ‘recording ‘was essentially defined as putting a group of performers into an enclosed space and rolling acetates, or tape, to capture the event.’"
Post 238 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Slightly.

It's only silverware that separates us from the savages my friend.
Post 239 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
YouTube personalities defending Cgc over this. It’s funny they must be paid to help control the damage. Cgc is crap.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
ac·e·tate

noun
noun: acetate; plural noun: acetates
CHEMISTRY
a salt or ester of acetic acid, containing the anion CH3COO− or the group —OCCH3.
"A more extensive study involving 86 CD patients examined the effect of 50,000 IU vitamin A acetate twice daily or placebo for an average of 14.1 months."
cellulose acetate, especially as used to make textile fibers or plastic.
"acetate silk"
a transparency made of cellulose acetate film.
"A final suggestion for getting images onto clear plastic sheets for this and other projects is to use an acrylic medium and transfer the ink-jet printed image to the acetate."
a recording disk coated with cellulose acetate.
"At one time, ‘recording ‘was essentially defined as putting a group of performers into an enclosed space and rolling acetates, or tape, to capture the event.’"
I believe also; Most asses have tates. I may be wrong.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Slightly.

Are staples considered “silverware”?
Post 242 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head
I suspect it's just the kneejerk reaction to someone casting aspersions upon the sacred CGC. I question whether those who are defending CGC really understand the issue and how far CGC has fallen into the F*A*I*L (For All Intentional Lameness).
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
YouTube personalities defending Cgc over this. It’s funny they must be paid to help control the damage. Cgc is crap.

Anyone that owns CGC slabs has a vested interest in them mantaining credibility. It's become such an integral part of the hobby, we need them to not make mistakes like this.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

Anyone that owns CGC slabs has a vested interest in them mantaining credibility. It's become such an integral part of the hobby, we need them to not make mistakes like this.

100%
if CGC is 'THE' grading brand and they do this type of stuff if casts a shadow on all

Does this mean PGX is now more reputable??
Post 245 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100%
if CGC is 'THE' grading brand and they do this type of stuff if casts a shadow on all

Everyone here may laugh at me but I would use PGX over CGC right now. CGC has lower standers on grading and gimmick stuff like invisible comic grading and now this. Newton rings won’t get fixed. They have shady business practices and I’m not down with that. I won’t use CGC no matter what.

If they will do stuff like that I question if the books people send in are really getting signed by the people they say they are. Talking about sending in books for signings. It puts a shadow of doubt on them for everything they do now.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100%

Everyone here may laugh at me but I would use PGX over CGC right now. CGC has lower standers on grading and gimmick stuff like invisible comic grading and now this. Newton rings won’t get fixed. They have shady business practices and I’m not down with that. I won’t use CGC no matter what.

If they will do stuff like that I question if the books people send in are really getting signed by the people they say they are. Talking about sending in books for signings. It puts a shadow of doubt on them for everything they do now.

Your point has merit. I will still use them for signings because I suspect that is a line they won't cross. What I would not trust them with now is if they started offering verification services. And as far as using them for grading that I can get done somewhere else, absolutely not.

PS: I'm not laughing.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Quote:

And here I am, eating with disposable plastic utensils for the next 2 weeks. At this point I would say that it's only a shower, a toothbrush, a razor blade and an occasional work obligation that separates me from the savages. Without the work obligation, the shower, toothbrush and razor blade would be unnecessary.
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100%

Your point has merit. I will still use them for signings because I suspect that is a line they won't cross. What I would not trust them with now is if they started offering verification services. And as far as using them for grading that I can get done somewhere else, absolutely not.

PS: I'm not laughing.
I've thought for long time SS is total farce

Id only go cbcs verified route but that said I'm not one for getting my books scribbled on for selling purposes
Post 249 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

And here I am, eating with disposable plastic utensils for the next 2 weeks. At this point I would say that it's only a shower, a toothbrush, a razor blade and an occasional work obligation that separates me from the savages. Without the work obligation, the shower, toothbrush and razor blade would be unnecessary.

A filet mignon is just as tasty on a paper plate, and using a plastic knife and fork.
Post 250 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros per your comments on the CGC board...it's about precedent. Doesn't really matter what the new content is, or how you or I feel about it. If Marvel set the precedent of saying "we're ok with this", it opens the floodgates to them losing control of their brand. It makes it difficult to stop future activities by other parties. There's just no way they can set that precedent in my opinion.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
A filet mignon is just as tasty on a paper plate, and using a plastic knife and fork.

Turns out that a bologna sandwich with potato chips at 11 pm also holds up pretty well on a paper plate.
Post 252 IP   flag post
You guys use plates?
Post 253 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I will still use them for signings because I suspect that is a line they won't cross.

I honestly don't think Blackstone has a line they won't cross anymore.
Post 254 IP   flag post
The way SS are done these day when books are sent off to be done in private session you could have room full of people signing books and putting yellow labels on and provided the sig looks passable noone would know any better..

The magic of meeting someone you respect having a chat and the memory of watching them sign has been perverted by this ss private signing garbage
Post 255 IP   flag post
601454 617 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?