Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What the heck did I just buy?18133

Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Holy Crap!!

No kidding! You'd think a comics grading company that's been working in the industry for years would be able to tell the difference between Batman and Superman, but I guess I'm asking too much.



It’s not really limited to one company.


True,but when you use CBCS and it happens, you can smile and be happy about it, because it's no big deal. Just send them back and enjoy a nice big jug of kool-aid.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@robertofredrico They label department has serious case dyslexia
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@robertofredrico
No, it's definitely not. I think CGC is just better known for it because their QC got sloppier before CBCS' QC got dodgy.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Here's the entire book, hope it's not blurry. is this book at least the real deal or is it some sort of 2nd, 3rd or something print? I really hate the idea of sending back to CGC. I haven't paid for it yet but I did want the book.




Can you give us a close-up of the comic's bar code? That will tell us the printing and variant cover info
Post 30 IP   flag post


Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to see everyone's QC department in tip top, like a machine condition.
Post 32 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Spot-on. Exactly like a brand new machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Glad to see everyone's QC department in tip top, like a machine condition.




Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
count your blessings, at least the book and label are visible
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Holy Crap!!

No kidding! You'd think a comics grading company that's been working in the industry for years would be able to tell the difference between Batman and Superman, but I guess I'm asking too much.



It’s not really limited to one company.


True,but when you use CBCS and it happens, you can smile and be happy about it, because it's no big deal. Just send them back and enjoy a nice big jug of kool-aid.


A screwup by CBCS is absolutely acceptable, but it's totally unacceptable if CGC did the same thing. That's why whenever CBCS fouls something up someone always posts something about CGC to try to take the heat away from CBCS. Both companies makes mistakes, but too many people pile on CGC as if CBCS were having cheerleader try outs.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Holy Crap!!

No kidding! You'd think a comics grading company that's been working in the industry for years would be able to tell the difference between Batman and Superman, but I guess I'm asking too much.



It’s not really limited to one company.


True,but when you use CBCS and it happens, you can smile and be happy about it, because it's no big deal. Just send them back and enjoy a nice big jug of kool-aid.


A screwup by CBCS is absolutely acceptable, but it's totally unacceptable if CGC did the same thing. That's why whenever CBCS fouls something up someone always posts something about CGC to try to take the heat away from CBCS. Both companies makes mistakes, but too many people pile on CGC as if CBCS were having cheerleader try outs.

I see your point and I support it, too, to a certain degree. Do I think it's okay when I have to send books back to CBCS because they're screwed up? NO! It sucks just as much as it does to send books back to CGC! The only reason I say CBCS is better is because of sheer volume, not because they can do no wrong. I get at least 50% more returns from CGC than I do from CBCS. In fact, I got a CGC book back today, and guess what!! I have to return it! Dammit, CGC!!! That being said, I can tell that CGC is trying to improve, though, because it used to be more like twice as many returns as CBCS, maybe more.

In the spirit of fairness, here are some of my CBCS returns that I would send in to get dealt with if only Customer Service would just freakin' GET BACK TO ME!!! GGRRRRRR!!!

This is a gorgeous book, but it's supposed to be a BOOK and not a RATTLE.





The classic defect: cracked slab.




Come on people. Why play pin-the-pigtail on my GR #1?


Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand why people don't get it. It's not CBCS getting a free pass and CGC getting crucified. When CBCS makes a mistake they deserve get get called out and they do. The difference is that many (maybe most) people here are loyal to CBCS because they believe CBCS has the better product. Atleast I believe CBCS has the better product. They grade more consistent, their slabs are 10 fold better and they offer services the other guys don't (namely VSP). We're on a CBCS forum heavens sake...where do you think most people's loyalties will lie? So, while both companies do make mistakes...when CBCS makes them, they're a little easier to swallow because of all the other things they're better at than the competition....and it's not a bias. It's a calculated reasoning that they choose CBCS over CGC for reasons stated and likely other reasons too. They crucify CBCS on the CGC forum for the smallest things and then some.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Whenever a complaint or problem about cbcs pops up the common reaction is to defend the product and lump cgc into it. Instead of addressing the issue it seems the desire of many is to ignore or cover up the problem by saying "well cgc does the same thing but even worse". If people stand by the product then the product should be able to stand on its own, otherwise it'll forever be in cgc's shadows.

Burying the problem instead of addressing it does not make for a better product. Just look at how terrible their customer service department is.

As far as who has the better product, everyone has their own reason. I agree that their grading seems to be more consistent then cgc recently, but I want to be able to sell my graded books for as much as the market will pay. Considering how some books are selling for lower than they were a year ago, I feel confident that my cgc graded books won't drop as much as comparable cbcs copy.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Whenever a complaint or problem about cbcs pops up the common reaction is to defend the product and lump cgc into it. Instead of addressing the issue it seems the desire of many is to ignore or cover up the problem by saying "well cgc does the same thing but even worse"


Not saying you're wrong, but this particular thread was started in regard to a CGC product. It evolved into a comparison of CGC and CBCS mistakes. On the CBCS forum! What's happening in this thread is pretty much the opposite of the concern that you are expressing. It's the CBCS forum (and presumably CBCS customers) equivocating in defense of CGC. Something that most here believe would be very unlikely to happen on the CGC forum.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort



This bar code says it's Issue 2, Cover 1, First print.

CGC done messed up it's label
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve got well over a hundred books at CBCS right now… I forget exactly how much after 6 months, maybe 200?. Anyway, these screwups are not making me feel better. These all appear to be very recent. I’m really rooting for CBCS but if I have to return a bunch of books using a non-responsive CS I’m probably going to just stop getting books graded.
I cant even appeal to Steve Borock anymore 😞
I miss 2017 CBCS.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Not saying you're wrong, but this particular thread was started in regard to a CGC product.


@sportshort Did you bring this up at the CGC forum? Or did you think you'd get the replies you wanted here?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy, I don't ever visit the CGC forums, I figured I could get answers here. I knew the label was wrong (after I purchase it) but I didn't know what was in the slab exactly. I didn't know if it was a first printing or what. I bid on the book, not the label, but when I realized the label was wrong (I usually check that to make sure that I am not buying a reprint or some such thing)I wasn't sure what exactly was inside. I also did not know the process for re-slabbing. I still have one last question, is re-slabbing free in every respect for a rebuyer (not the original submitter/owner)? I imagine it is, but just asking.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC
CGC is notoriously good at that!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I don't ever visit the CGC forums

I visited the CGC forum for the express purpose of airing my dirty laundry (giant stack of returns sitting around for months waiting on a reply from CS) so that I could finally get some returns sent back. That tactic worked. I hated having to do that, but it got the job done.

The reason I haven't gone back to their forum is that it's unnecessarily tough to post there! In order to access their forum ('chat boards') for posting, you first have to sign out from CGC's website completely, then go to the forum window and log back on to CGC. If you log onto CGC in any way other than via the forum window, You Cannot Post on the Forum!! Why the weird extra dogleg to navigate just to get to a forum!? Sorry, but it's just not important enough to me to deal with the added hassle.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I don't ever visit the CGC forums

I visited the CGC forum for the express purpose of airing my dirty laundry (giant stack of returns sitting around for months waiting on a reply from CS) so that I could finally get some returns sent back. That tactic worked. I hated having to do that, but it got the job done.

The reason I haven't gone back to their forum is that it's unnecessarily tough to post there! In order to access their forum ('chat boards') for posting, you first have to sign out from CGC's website completely, then go to the forum window and log back on to CGC. If you log onto CGC in any way other than via the forum window, You Cannot Post on the Forum!! Why the weird extra dogleg to navigate just to get to a forum!? Sorry, but it's just not important enough to me to deal with the added hassle.


Yeah, they can't even keep the website operating properly ever since they went to that crappy Invision software about six years ago. So CGC has problems all around, driving people like me away from doing business with them. It's gotten to the point where I just work on my sales thread over there and participate as little as possible with anything not comic-related. This doesn't mean that I won't use CBCS, it just means that I'm out of the grading industry until this whole comic speculation thing settles down, if ever. I'll just keep my comics raw that I don't want to sell, or purchase slabs that I want that were graded before 2020. LOL.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I often wonder -
Would either of these companies last even a few months in a truly competetive business environment with others vying for your dollars based on their services, quality, speed, accuracy?

I know my answer - No they would not.

That's how pathetic this has all become.
Problems problems problems for both companies and they're not isolated incidents. That's a fact.

Not a good look.

If this activity of placing comics in plastic and ditching it for exponential values didn't net me big dollars, I'd be out of this nonsense altogether. And therein lies the dilemma - at what point does the nonsense with both companies outweigh the $$$. It's getting real close for me. I got enough aggravation in my life.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I don't ever visit the CGC forums

I visited the CGC forum for the express purpose of airing my dirty laundry (giant stack of returns sitting around for months waiting on a reply from CS) so that I could finally get some returns sent back. That tactic worked. I hated having to do that, but it got the job done.

The reason I haven't gone back to their forum is that it's unnecessarily tough to post there! In order to access their forum ('chat boards') for posting, you first have to sign out from CGC's website completely, then go to the forum window and log back on to CGC. If you log onto CGC in any way other than via the forum window, You Cannot Post on the Forum!! Why the weird extra dogleg to navigate just to get to a forum!? Sorry, but it's just not important enough to me to deal with the added hassle.

So that's what been going on with the CGC forums? I've been baffled for awhile as to why I couldn't post despite being logged in. I thought it was because I'm not a paying member. I did what you suggested, and it worked. Such a strange thing that site is.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I don't ever visit the CGC forums

I visited the CGC forum for the express purpose of airing my dirty laundry (giant stack of returns sitting around for months waiting on a reply from CS) so that I could finally get some returns sent back. That tactic worked. I hated having to do that, but it got the job done.

The reason I haven't gone back to their forum is that it's unnecessarily tough to post there! In order to access their forum ('chat boards') for posting, you first have to sign out from CGC's website completely, then go to the forum window and log back on to CGC. If you log onto CGC in any way other than via the forum window, You Cannot Post on the Forum!! Why the weird extra dogleg to navigate just to get to a forum!? Sorry, but it's just not important enough to me to deal with the added hassle.

So that's what been going on with the CGC forums? I've been baffled for awhile as to why I couldn't post despite being logged in. I thought it was because I'm not a paying member. I did what you suggested, and it worked. Such a strange thing that site is.

Bizarre, isn't it? And there are No Instructions on how to accomplish it. So weird.
Post 50 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can't be logged into your dealer account and post on the cgc forums. You can only be logged into one or the other but not both at the same time. I don't know why.
Post 51 IP   flag post
507387 51 26
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.