Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The current definition of ‘Ship to Canada’?18132

Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
This week I watched my order pass through grading and heat seal to ‘ship to Canada’ as of yesterday. So I am a bit excited to hear my books are coming home. However, I am also terrified because I am on vacation and not returning for a few more business days. With the closure of the Canadian location I assume the books will be shipped directly to me. Are Canadians receiving any sort of ‘your books have shipped’ email (hopefully with a tracking number), or are the books just showing up?

I am hoping in this case that ‘ship to Canada’ is actually a process that takes at least a few days. Seems strange actually wanting a delay at this point.
Post 1 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Can you do a mail hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
This week I watched my order pass through grading and heat seal to ‘ship to Canada’ as of yesterday. So I am a bit excited to hear my books are coming home. However, I am also terrified because I am on vacation and not returning for a few more business days. With the closure of the Canadian location I assume the books will be shipped directly to me. Are Canadians receiving any sort of ‘your books have shipped’ email (hopefully with a tracking number), or are the books just showing up?

I am hoping in this case that ‘ship to Canada’ is actually a process that takes at least a few days. Seems strange actually wanting a delay at this point.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
However, I am also terrified because I am on vacation and not returning for a few more business days.

Do you have a neighbor you can trust to pick up the package and hold it at their place until you get back? Or is that just the naïve Nova Scotian in me for thinking that?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
No idea about current process....past process it could be ShiptoCanada for months.

If its through FedEx you should get a call notification with approximate ship day...you can usually have a hold/delay put on if you wont be around
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
If it is properly marked for no safe dropping (ie needs a signature) it shouldn't just be left at your door. However, if you get tracking information you can have the package diverted to a safe drop point. In my small city FedEx doesn't leave packages at the door (except for HelloFresh which are cleared for porch drops) they have a safe drop point and will leave it there and then leave notice that the package has been dropped there. Though I have had them do this without asking in most cases, especially if a signature is required, you need to request this option.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ship to Canada with no office to receive?

Post 6 IP   flag post
Oops, to Canada.

SOhrry!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
If it is properly marked for no safe dropping (ie needs a signature) it shouldn't just be left at your door. However, if you get tracking information you can have the package diverted to a safe drop point. In my small city FedEx doesn't leave packages at the door (except for HelloFresh which are cleared for porch drops) they have a safe drop point and will leave it there and then leave notice that the package has been dropped there. Though I have had them do this without asking in most cases, especially if a signature is required, you need to request this option.
I would not trust Signature Required. We receive FedEx daily at work and most shipments require signature or name of recipient; lo and behold packages get left signed for by “covid” without knowledge they have even dropped off. Your best course of action would be to place a hold on your package or better yet reroute your package to a pick up location for safe keeping until you get back. When drivers are in a hurry no consideration is given.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to get a fedex driver to leave a signature required package by telling them through my doorbell cam app that I was out walking the dog and wouldn't be back for 10 minutes (which was all true). He was like...well I talked to someone at the house so I'll just leave it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
I would not trust Signature Required. We receive FedEx daily at work and most shipments require signature or name of recipient; lo and behold packages get left signed for by “covid” without knowledge they have even dropped off. Your best course of action would be to place a hold on your package or better yet reroute your package to a pick up location for safe keeping until you get back. When drivers are in a hurry no consideration is given.

Yeah it can definitely vary by region. In my region U P S blows and FedEx and Purolator are decent. It's always best to have the shipping information to make the proper alternative arrangements. If CBCS had a CS it would be easy to arrange.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
My comics arrived home today! Here are details of what I experienced for anyone wondering what to expect. This is regarding a shipment originally sent to the now closed Oakville location, so I am not sure if any of it applies to submissions sent directly to Texas.

- The order sat in "Ship to Canada" status until I contacted Customer Service.
- It took 12 business days for CS to reply. They said that they needed to confirm my address before shipping. I don't know if they would have proactively contacted me. If your books have reached the "Ship to Canada" status I recommend immediately emailing CS with a confirmation of your address.
- The package was sent on the same day that I confirmed my address.
- It was about 29 calendar days from the "Ship to Canada" status change to the point where the shipment was actually sent.
- My original return shipping was selected as Canpar. Canpar does not appear to be an option when shipping from the US. Perhaps this contributed to the shipping delay.
- The package was directly shipped by FedEx International Ground to my home. CBCS did provide a tracking number for me to obsessively refresh five or more times daily.
- Although the shipment service says "Direct signature required" the FedEx guy just asked my wife if I live here and then left. At least they rang the doorbell.
- Those of you wondering may have inferred from the above point: no customs duties or fees were collected. Here is where I think CBCS really came through with awesomeness. The documentation included several statements that the items were not purchased, and that they were being returned to the original owner. In case those customs clearance guys are skimming the fine print CBCS also included a large font memo spelling it out for them.

Is that CS phone number with a Florida area code still valid? Google thinks it might belong to an "Adult Day Care".
Post 11 IP   flag post
598038 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?