Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Am i able to ask for it upside down?18125

Collector CollectingOhio private msg quote post Address this user
I hate that all the grading companies put their grades and notes on the top. We're taught to read left to right, top to bottom. I want my grading stuff and info on the bottom.....will CBCS do that? I want to see the comic first not some grading company label.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn’t resist clicking on this thread.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
They won't do that on purpose.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You'll have to start your own company. This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
You'll have to start your own company. This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.

EGS might do it
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectingOhio
I hate that all the grading companies put their grades and notes on the top. We're taught to read left to right, top to bottom. I want my grading stuff and info on the bottom.....will CBCS do that? I want to see the comic first not some grading company label.

Welcome to the forum, @CollectingOhio.

To my knowledge, CBCS will not purposefully slab comics upside-down. With that said, I've never asked them whether they would do that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Considering the cost, time and effort it took to get the industries best slab available to their customers I wouldn’t even ask. Don’t blame you for asking us first but I honestly wouldn’t ask customer service. You will for surely get no response with that one…
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've had one upside down. It's quite overrated.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
Well there is information like the title and grade that is folded at the top of the label panel- so it MUST be orientated the right way as that fold will not be compatible with the slab label panel at the bottom.

I mean they could trim off that thin part of the label that folds but highly highly doubtful they would do a one off or just so many orders specialized like that- plus it would mess up their image and consistency in the marketplace-

And you’d no longer know what title and grade you had in your graded comic box-

But I mean CGC did do this for me:

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
I've asked one of the grading companies to slab single pages backwards for me to show the more appealing side front facing and they've accomodated.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by radd76
Well there is information like the title and grade that is folded at the top of the label panel- so it MUST be orientated the right way as that fold will not be compatible with the slab label panel at the bottom.

I mean they could trim off that thin part of the label that folds but highly highly doubtful they would do a one off or just so many orders specialized like that- plus it would mess up their image and consistency in the marketplace-

And you’d no longer know what title and grade you had in your graded comic box-

But I mean CGC did do this for me:

That doesn’t look half bad (if the label was right side up).

Maybe @CollectingOhio is on to something.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

DUDE! You just made my day!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck @CollectingOhio would be a SMASH hit with astronauts bahahahaha
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
It would be a strategic error for them to do it. To everyone but the submitter it would look like sloppy quality control. It would be a negative for the brand.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I like how AFA moved their labels away from the top, placing them “inside” the case.

Post 15 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Sure.

Post 17 IP   flag post
@robertofredrico
LOLLLLL!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@WMorse
Margot Robbie was easily the best thing about that movie...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
I've asked one of the grading companies to slab single pages backwards for me to show the more appealing side front facing and they've accomodated.

CGC slabbed my TMNT #81 backside forward with out even asking me. It was a good call on their part though because the backside had a great sketch that needed to be seen. I appreciate their intuition on that one.

Post 20 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd I actually didn’t hate the movie. It was flawed but there were some cool things there as well. I feel the same way about the last Hellboy movie. People ripped it to shreds, but if your a Hellboy fan, you should have enjoyed it. Quite frankly I enjoyed both movies more then either Venom movie. It was cool to see venom on the big screen but really nothing they had going on worked for me. It baffles me that they have been as successful as they have. The second film was horrible IMO, so I guess that shows sometimes people value something’s differently even if they can recognize the he same flaws.
Post 21 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Quote:

CGC slabbed my TMNT #81 backside forward with out even asking me. It was a good call on their part though because the backside had a great sketch that needed to be seen. I appreciate their intuition on that one.

Hubba Hubba
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd I actually didn’t hate the movie. It was flawed but there were some cool things there as well. I feel the same way about the last Hellboy movie. People ripped it to shreds, but if your a Hellboy fan, you should have enjoyed it. Quite frankly I enjoyed both movies more then either Venom movie. It was cool to see venom on the big screen but really nothing they had going on worked for me. It baffles me that they have been as successful as they have. The second film was horrible IMO, so I guess that shows sometimes people value something’s differently even if they can recognize the he same flaws.

But your right Margot Robbie is the best part of that movie 😁
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:

Hubba Hubba

Haha! Not for sale Brian!
PS- the front is signed by both Eastman & Laird. 😉
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hubba Hubba

Well show it! You can't hold out on that too.
Post 25 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

But your right Margot Robbie is the best part of that movie 😁

Her name is Harley... HAHAHA
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hubba Hubba

Well show it! You can't hold out on that too.

And as a bonus! Here is another book to me I just think is the bees knees.

😉
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't have a Laird, someday... Sweet Freddie as well.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:

I love me some Freddie. He’s a great dude.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I love me some Freddie. He’s a great dude.
I've heard that. I've also heard the public appreciates Ben Bishop as well. My buddy was telling me how swamped he was at SDCC.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597888 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?