Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Am i able to ask for it upside down?18125

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd I actually didn’t hate the movie. It was flawed but there were some cool things there as well. I feel the same way about the last Hellboy movie. People ripped it to shreds, but if your a Hellboy fan, you should have enjoyed it. Quite frankly I enjoyed both movies more then either Venom movie. It was cool to see venom on the big screen but really nothing they had going on worked for me. It baffles me that they have been as successful as they have. The second film was horrible IMO, so I guess that shows sometimes people value something’s differently even if they can recognize the he same flaws.

But your right Margot Robbie is the best part of that movie 😁

Her name is Harley... HAHAHA
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
I've asked one of the grading companies to slab single pages backwards for me to show the more appealing side front facing and they've accomodated.

CGC slabbed my TMNT #81 backside forward with out even asking me. It was a good call on their part though because the backside had a great sketch that needed to be seen. I appreciate their intuition on that one.

Hubba Hubba

Haha! Not for sale Brian!
PS- the front is signed by both Eastman & Laird. 😉
Well show it! You can't hold out on that too.

And as a bonus! Here is another book to me I just think is the bees knees.

😉
Post 27 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have a Laird, someday... Sweet Freddie as well.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I love me some Freddie. He’s a great dude.
Post 29 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I love me some Freddie. He’s a great dude.
I've heard that. I've also heard the public appreciates Ben Bishop as well. My buddy was telling me how swamped he was at SDCC.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by radd76
Well there is information like the title and grade that is folded at the top of the label panel- so it MUST be orientated the right way as that fold will not be compatible with the slab label panel at the bottom.

I mean they could trim off that thin part of the label that folds but highly highly doubtful they would do a one off or just so many orders specialized like that- plus it would mess up their image and consistency in the marketplace-

And you’d no longer know what title and grade you had in your graded comic box-

But I mean CGC did do this for me:

Best part is the grade is the same either way.
Post 31 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not a fan of how prominent grades/notes are on comic slabs. I actually like the idea of the notes on the bottom.

That said, I agree they shouldn’t produce one-offs. Bad business.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
I like how AFA moved their labels away from the top, placing them “inside” the case.

You can request either placement when having items graded by AFA. I usually go for the top "modern clearview" label - easier on us blind people.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Makeminedeadpool private msg quote post Address this user

Well cbcs just send me this back, so maybe haha
Post 34 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd I actually didn’t hate the movie. It was flawed but there were some cool things there as well. I feel the same way about the last Hellboy movie. People ripped it to shreds, but if your a Hellboy fan, you should have enjoyed it. Quite frankly I enjoyed both movies more then either Venom movie. It was cool to see venom on the big screen but really nothing they had going on worked for me. It baffles me that they have been as successful as they have. The second film was horrible IMO, so I guess that shows sometimes people value something’s differently even if they can recognize the he same flaws.

But your right Margot Robbie is the best part of that movie 😁

I have a complex love-hate relationship with that movie. It was NOT a fun watch because good stuff was interspersed with rubbish so much so that it was tough to just sit and enjoy. Something crappy was always interrupting the viewing experience. The Joker was absolutely freakin' bottom-of-the-barrel awful. Ruined every scene he was in. On the other hand, the B.A. in Lit won't let stuff like this go, and I was able to analyze the movie pretty thoroughly and there's more to it than most people are seeing. For example, did you see how Amanda Waller had to use a white dude as a mouthpiece when she was trying to get the okay for Task Force X from the White Dude Powers That Be? She couldn't even speak to them directly to make her own point. I could go on...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
In my neck of the woods you have to pay extra for upside down...
Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
In my neck of the woods you have to pay extra for upside down...

Canada stuck in the dark ages.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I get where you are coming from and I can see the appeal, but we are talking about “industry standards”. I prefer CBCS slabs, they are far better and I trust their grading more. To do something that drastically different wouldn’t be out of line, but goes against the mass market appeal which would not be good for business (on top of other things that are hurting them a bit). It would also be counter intuitive since book info is readily available on top strip of the slab edge for properly stored slabs. They could have the “main” label on the bottom and a separate label on the top edge creating more steps and a less streamlined production which they do not need.

My $0.02
Post 38 IP   flag post
597891 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?