Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Does anyone know the print run for SCUD: The Disposable Assassin #1?18120

Collector Supermole private msg quote post Address this user
They did 3 print runs for issue #1 by Firemen Press and I would assume each print run would have been for a lower number of copies produced, but I can't find any resource that say how many. The census is pretty limited on the number of copies graded and 9.8's are very slim. Any ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
lol....probably no info out there!!

I have a full set that I bought fresh from the comic shop when they came out and I think a 2nd print of #1 too...also the hard cover collection
even a graded 9.6 on top of my raw copy - was cheaper than sending in my raw to get graded at $57!!

Great series!!!!!

Tales from the Vending machine was also good for more SCUD stories
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Dunno the print runs, comicchrom (spelling?) may have that info.

I do recall that #1 (1st print) was featured prominently in Diamond pre-order catalogs, so it would not have been as low as most indy first issues.

It was a hot $20 book the week it came out, I remember that from my days in the 90's as a show dealer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Dunno the print runs, comicchrom (spelling?) may have that info.

I do recall that #1 (1st print) was featured prominently in Diamond pre-order catalogs, so it would not have been as low as most indy first issues.

It would be interesting to know 1st print numbers, however I am more interested in 2nd and 3rd printing numbers. If you look at the census, there are FAR fewer 2nd and 3rd prints graded. 9.8's are almost non-existent.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Lowest print run was the mini that came with the Sega game? Saturn I think less than 1000
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Rob came into my long-closed store to sell some Scud comics that he self-published, half sized black and white copies made up at a copy shop, probably, like Kinko's. I seem to remember that the cover was a card stock or heavier paper, with olive drab as the only color, but it was a long time ago. I bought 10 "to help him out" and put them on the racks. He probably offered some to all the local comic shops. I think he was still in high school at the time.

I bumped into a couple of copies maybe 2-3 years ago, going through old stock. I "set them aside", as I had later discovered that the comic had been picked up by Firemen Press, and thought they might be significant. Most likely the earliest Scud release. Now if only I could remember where I set them aside. Hope to find them again as I flip through my boxes, maybe in my lifetime, just to finish off a loose end.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Rob came into my long-closed store to sell some Scud comics that he self-published, half sized black and white copies made up at a copy shop, probably, like Kinko's.

Very cool story. I put this SCUD run kind of on par with The Tick series. Quirky humor with humble beginnings. I just wish the original print run was known. The 1st print was obviously pretty high judging by the census numbers, but the 2nd and 3rd have very low census numbers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600902 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?