Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I know there’s a lot of talk on CGC’s invisible comic grading. Here we have an invisible signature.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
i stopped buying DF last year when i got a copy of the electric black double signed from them... everything was fine except the numbering on the certificate and book didn't match. spent months asking for help from them on Instagram, Facebook, twitter and email but not one place would respond to me except to ask what the problem was even tho was explained in every post... once I mentioned the problem again they just went back to ghosting me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
so they except invisible comics and signatures? I guess should submit my invisible amazing fantasy #15 thats has invisible signatures of Stan Lee, and Steve Ditko
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55
Let me know if that works! I have an invisible FF#1 with invisible sigs from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
What does the front cover look like? I’m thinking maybe the sig is more prominent there, though I’m not familiar with the book otherwise.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhh... good ol' Barrucci.

I had almost forgotten about him and his top notch company that is highly efficient, completely transparent, upstanding, and every other wonderful thing I can think of.

Oh wait - do I have the right company? Hmmmmm
Post 6 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Dynamic Forces...

Worst customer service I've dealt with.
Had a small issue a couple years ago.
7 emails, zero responses.

So, slightly worse than you-know-who.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@steveinthecity Here’s another copy from that Dynamic Forces run with the signature in the top right corner. My guess is the creator accidentally skipped the book when signing their stack and DF didn’t notice

Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Invisible is the new visible.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Tom74152 - Have you tried looking at it under blue light?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
so they except invisible comics and signatures? I guess should submit my invisible amazing fantasy #15 thats has invisible signatures of Stan Lee, and Steve Ditko

What does this DF mistake have to do with CGC?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

CGC has been known to get lazy. if some submits multiple copies....sometimes theyll duplicate. same grade (ive seen videos where there is a difference but they give them the same grade) or in this case....say all were signed
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@steveinthecity Here’s another copy from that Dynamic Forces run with the signature in the top right corner. My guess is the creator accidentally skipped the book when signing their stack and DF didn’t notice

Appreciate that, but still not the front cover where I’d expect a sig to be. Also I’m in no way defending DF, just looking for some clarity as the OP implies there’s no signature evident on the comic(as pictured). Were all of these apparently signed on the back? That would make a difference, obviously.
Post 14 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CGC has been known to get lazy. if some submits multiple copies....sometimes theyll duplicate. same grade (ive seen videos where there is a difference but they give them the same grade) or in this case....say all were signed

That's patently false. You would be doing yourself a favor to not believe everything you read on the internet, especially if it feeds your bias.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember coming across a signed Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane Spiderman book - had a large part of black on the cover.

Stan Lee signed in black sharpie in the black area his standard line "excelsior! - Stan Lee".

You really could not see the signature unless you tilted the book on its side and looked hard for the sharpie ink.

Todd McFarlane autograph said "You need spidey senses to see that autograph!"

For the like of me, i cant find the book anywhere on line - but i think it was slabbed too...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:

Appreciate that, but still not the front cover where I’d expect a sig to be. Also I’m in no way defending DF, just looking for some clarity as the OP implies there’s no signature evident on the comic(as pictured). Were all of these apparently signed on the back? That would make a difference, obviously.

That is the front cover, it's done in a homage to the ads for the Tales from the Crypt movie. The staples are on the left.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:

That's patently false. You would be doing yourself a favor to not believe everything you read on the internet, especially if it feeds your bias.

I've submitted multiple copies of the same book to CGC on several occasions and never once received assembly line grading. Do I have books from them that are clearly graded incorrectly? YES. Assembly line grading? Not once.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I think @dielinfinite nailed it. All I've seen of this issue that are signed in the top right. If you ever seen how they tackle mass signings, it's easy to see how they miss one. That's no excuse for a lack of quality controll. Just wanted to have some fun with it. No need to get off topic.
Post 19 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd
Here's my invisible signed invisible comic.
Check out the awesome lack of any visual stimuli....Wow... A real stunner....
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Couple years ago I ordered a couple "specials" that DF was offering. Paid and then received nothing for months after when they were supposed to be shipped, despite multiple emails. Finally logged a complaint with the better business bureau and suddenly my stuff showed up.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:

That is the front cover, it's done in a homage to the ads for the Tales from the Crypt movie. The staples are on the left.
Thanks for the info. I was using MCS as a resource to see the front & back of this comic book and was coming up empty.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Couple years ago I ordered a couple "specials" that DF was offering. Paid and then received nothing for months after when they were supposed to be shipped, despite multiple emails. Finally logged a complaint with the better business bureau and suddenly my stuff showed up.

Sounds like my experience with getting a refund from insurance. Family medical emergency meant I couldn't leave town for a planned trip that included airfare and the circumstances were covered under my travel insurance. Months go by and I finally got fed up and filed a complaint with the BBB. Lo & behold, my refund shows up days later.

@Tom74152
This may sound 'out there,' but have you considered contacting the BBB? The way DF is treating you, a customer who made a purchase in good faith, is unacceptable.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd It's so frustrating but clearly the "squeaky wheel" method applies way more than it should have to.
Post 24 IP   flag post
i've contacted their customer service. give them a chance. The comic doesn't seem to be worth much, even signed. Maybe I'll list it on eBay as "Invisible Signature". I have biigger problems to contend with right now. Even with other comics i've just received.

Post 25 IP   flag post
@Tom74152
OUCH! Shades of CGC! I've had Can't Grade Comics do this to me (Batman labels on Superman books and vice versa), but not CBCS.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Even in their better days CBCS was prone to more than their share of issues. At one point it felt like I’d get at least one error in every order. The main difference is that you could could get in contact with customer service at least a little easier to get the errors fixed
Post 27 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite
I get returns for CBCS regularly, don't get me wrong (I have 7 waiting right now for the go-ahead to ship back), I just haven't had the plethora of label issues I've had from CGC. From CBCS it's all been scratched or cracked capsules, and a couple instances of foreign objects inside capsules.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

Can you please post a link to this video. I've never heard of them running an assembly line like you're implying.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
“Invisible” or “nonexistent”?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601477 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?