Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

Art Commissions18109

Collector Jprez111 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey All - I’m looking to commission a couple blank cover art works to have slabbed. I have looked into a few more well-known artists I’m a fan of, however, I know the forum has mentioned that there are some people very gifted artists right here on these forums.

Is there anyone you recommend (amateur or professional) that I should consider? Also, any decent budget-friendly options, as well, would be appreciated.

I’m looking for some more detailed/full color work and potentially just black/white.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector leelewis17 private msg quote post Address this user
I got an Amazing Fantasy 15 homage from Scott Hanna and he did a great job. He has been the inker for John Romita Jr and Mark Bagley and his style is very similar. He is a lot cheaper, of course, than those guys. Another person I recommend (if you don’t necessarily need a known name) is Rob Reitano. He has done a couple for me and knocks it out of the part every time. Also great is Chris Campana, who is VERY versatile, and did an AWESOME moon knight piece for me.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user

I've been on a giant spawn streak lately. Lol.
Post 3 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprez111
Hey All - I’m looking to commission a couple blank cover art works to have slabbed. I have looked into a few more well-known artists I’m a fan of, however, I know the forum has mentioned that there are some people very gifted artists right here on these forums.

Is there anyone you recommend (amateur or professional) that I should consider? Also, any decent budget-friendly options, as well, would be appreciated.

I’m looking for some more detailed/full color work and potentially just black/white.

Thanks!

If you want the "ABSOLUTE" best sketch cover artist to do, pencils, inks and colors, contact Jose Varese.
Jose is the man. Check out his work;
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l1313&_nkw=jose+varese&_sacat=0

You can see more at High Class Comics ebay page.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=highclasscomics&store_name=highclasscomics&_dmd=2&_oac=1&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

If you are serious, let me know. Jose is a friend of mine and I can contact him for you.
Send me a private message to discuss....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user

Still a work in progress from vacation last week. Not a true sketch cover, but on 11x17 comic board.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

His black cat art is really nice. How much does he charge? And is he an actual artist for any company's like marvel or dc?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
is it cowabunga_kyle? ...I feel like that's right. and eddiethecomicguy. Those come to mind. edit: these are forum members.

Are you looking for a specific style?

Jose Varese is great, I also like Scott Blair if your looking for a character that looks like a specific person. Piper Rudich is phenomenal realism. Tone Rodriguez great. Adelso Corona does really nice detail work. If you want something sort of anime like; Anna Zhou

There are some facilitators that regularly have sketchops you could shoot for as well. I don't want to flood this thread with pics that are already posted elsewhere, but I can message you pics of some of my commissions. You could also checkout https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17764/page/1/original-art-commissions--sketch-cover-thread-3/#24
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Jprez111 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.
Post 8 IP   flag post
598058 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?