Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Show Your Favorite Cover!!18095

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
The most popular looking covers generally have homages done by later artists even decades after the original cover was published.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Impossible for me to ID my favorite cover, but ASM-77 is special to me as it was my very first superhero purchase (1969) which liberated me from The Archies.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
So many to choose from, but Jim Lee’s been my favorite artist since his X-Men run. To date, this is still my favorite cover of his.

Post 28 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I need to get a good copy of this someday.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of Beauties listed here!

Favorites being

@flanders Cap #110 (always loved that cover )

@Bakersman Spider-man #1 (That McFarlane Cover has always been legendarily awesome!)

The cover that hands down left it's biggest impression on me was Mike Zeck's Punisher. If I could hang only one on my wall this would be it.

Running a close 2nd would be the Boris Vallejo Cover from Savage Sword of Conan #10

Post 30 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've never owned one, not in my collecting wheelhouse, but I have always loved the cover.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
The bright yellow background absolutely makes this cover POP. The red flame and the floating eyes are just the cherry on top. My favorite cover by far.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This kind of thread is a tough call as I have more than one favorite. That said, this'n will do nicely...

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
^^^that is what this whole goofy hobby is about!^^^

I have a Silver Surfer (1987) #6 that fits that exact same description. A dollar bin book that I had autographed back in the day. Spent $18 on grading and $25 on signature verification and got back a graded and verified 4.5. This is the book that got me back into comics in the late 80's. Priceless!

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user
Since I'm very partial to star wars so here is my favorite star wars cover
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Couple more that are always at the top for me

Post 39 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my all time favorite covers by Jazzy John Romita.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Oh boy! I’m going to blow your mind with a WTF?! Are you ready? Waaiit fooor iiitt….

ROM #5

this is THE book/cover that got me into comics and only ~37-38 years after it’s release. This cover made me want to know what was going on inside. I’ve read it, re read it, and re re read it. I love it and the exact copy will eventually be slabbed regardless of grade.

^^^that is what this whole goofy hobby is about!^^^

Rom is one of my all-time favorites. When the first issue came out in the late '70s, I had zero interest in it because it was based on a terrible action figure. But every month, I'd see the newest issue on the rack, and I finally decided to pick up one, which was issue 14. I enjoyed it so much that I convinced my mom to let me get a subscription, which started with issue 16. I had the subscription almost through the entire run of the series. One of the first graded books that I acquired when I got back into collecting last year was a 9.8 of Rom 1.
Post 41 IP   flag post
600893 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?