Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Show Your Favorite Cover!!18095

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Let's see everyone's single favorite comic cover. Not necessarily your most expensive or most rare cover, not necessarily slabbed... just the cover that you really love the look of the most.

I've used mine as my avatar in the past. This was the very first cover that made me say "Wow!" when I got back into comic collecting in the 80s.

I love the bright colors and let's face it... what's not to love about a comic showing the main hero fighting in space and getting hit over the head with the Earth? 😄

Showcase #61!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SlayerRick710 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
For me, Kirby created so many brilliant covers that I couldn't possibly pick one....any cover that illicits an emotion in me is great in my book...if its moody and makes me look at it longer than others then that's a win.

This cover strikes a chord in me but there are so many others.

This image is not a cover but in my opinion..this could be the greatest comic image every created.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Easy one. I was probably 8 years old when we read the cover off this book. Stuck with me ever since.

Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
These are awesome! Keep 'em coming!
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t narrow to just one, so here are my three faves (Bats 227, 251 and Tec 31 are also fantastic along with several Planet Comics covers):

Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There are so many, but I always loved this one! I was able to win this copy in an auction several years ago and was happy with the grade it received when I submitted it to CBCS for grading.

Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Always loved this cover...

Post 11 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I have three. These are the two that have not already appeared in this thread. @Davethebrave beat me to the Silver Surfer 4.

Post 12 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

I had forgotten about that one, @earthshaker01. Beautiful!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user

I know, I know it's extremely vanilla/practical or what ever you want to call it. But it just does it for me. To make it worse, coming a close second is Secret Wars 8. geez I got it bad...
Oh and it has to have the platinum ink
Post 15 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I recently started looking at early horror books and acquired this one. I damaged the bottom of the book because my hands shake, but the cover I think is awesome.....

Post 16 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

in my pc, hands down is this all winners 4, love the art work of Al vison
Post 17 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite cover is actually the Spanish edition of Red Sonja #1. It's probably because seeing Red Sonja (one of my favorite characters, especially during the Marvel years) as a blonde just blows my mind!! It's so odd and unexpected. I love the concept as much as I love the art!!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Morgd120 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - So you are telling me that RED Sonja is a blonde in Spain?! How does that make any sense?
PS - Maybe only her hairdresser knows for sure!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Oh boy! I’m going to blow your mind with a WTF?! Are you ready? Waaiit fooor iiitt….

ROM #5

this is THE book/cover that got me into comics and only ~37-38 years after it’s release. This cover made me want to know what was going on inside. I’ve read it, re read it, and re re read it. I love it and the exact copy will eventually be slabbed regardless of grade.

^^^that is what this whole goofy hobby is about!^^^
Post 22 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Jesse_O - So you are telling me that RED Sonja is a blonde in Spain?! How does that make any sense?
Hollywood changes you…
Post 23 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

LOL

There were 15 issues in the series. It took until issue 9 for her to get red hair on the cover. Interior pages are black and white. Here's the link to a Spanish database that lists all 15. Someday, I WILL have a copy of each issue!!! I have 6 or 7 already.

Edit: here's the thread I did on them from a few years ago.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
How about favorite covers.
There are way too many covers I like

But let's take out the collector/regular comic book reader out of this.

And just look at the covers as they were created for.

A potential buyer deciding to buy a comic book off the spinner rack at random and the publisher having a cover to entice a customer and then maybe making them a regular purchaser

Cartoons you watch before a movie at the cinemas and this book with it's known characters and the American flag.

Or this book with a brown and red cover with a striking silver looking character on a surfboard right in the center.
If you saw this on the spinner rack you may be tempted to pick this book before any others.

Or maybe a book like this. The yellow moon dead center in the middle drawing the eye to the cover.
The hero dangling over a cliff being held one handed by the villain.
This book new on the spinner rack probably got interest at the time.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
The most popular looking covers generally have homages done by later artists even decades after the original cover was published.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Impossible for me to ID my favorite cover, but ASM-77 is special to me as it was my very first superhero purchase (1969) which liberated me from The Archies.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
So many to choose from, but Jim Lee’s been my favorite artist since his X-Men run. To date, this is still my favorite cover of his.

Post 28 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I need to get a good copy of this someday.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of Beauties listed here!

Favorites being

@flanders Cap #110 (always loved that cover )

@Bakersman Spider-man #1 (That McFarlane Cover has always been legendarily awesome!)

The cover that hands down left it's biggest impression on me was Mike Zeck's Punisher. If I could hang only one on my wall this would be it.

Running a close 2nd would be the Boris Vallejo Cover from Savage Sword of Conan #10

Post 30 IP   flag post
597932 41 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?