Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

R.I.P. David Warner18066

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
We've lost another great acting presence. R.I.P.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/25/veteran-british-actor-david-warner-star-of-the-omen-and-tron-dies-aged-80
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
He was murdered by General Chang to sabotage the peace talks!

But in all seriousness, the man did great work, even under loads of makeup. I remember him from a ton of movies, maybe not as the star but he was always a comforting presence to see on screen
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
The loss of great talent must stop!! David Warner was a great actor and his class and professionalism was next level. RIP.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I will always remember him as Professor McCarthy in the in 80's comedy "My Best Friend is a Vampire."

Rest well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man ... this is really sad. Same day I hear about Paul Sorvino.

David Warner is one of my very most sentimental favorite SF / Horror oriented actors, sort of the "newer" generation that popped up in the late 70's early 80's after the Lee / Cushing / Hammer era.

Face it, he was in EVERYTHING it seems, TV and Movies ... and such a memorably voice , mannerisms, etc.

Star Trek(s TV & 2 movies) and Time after Time with Malcom McDowell, or The Omen I still have memories of the nightmares watching his head come off with that sheet of glass! LOL ... Time Bandits, Tron, Babylon 5 ... the Man with Two Brains (Dr. Necessiter!), Twin Peaks ... :sigh: ...so many more.

On and on ...
He will be missed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
rip
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
RIP - Time Bandits is one of my all time fav movies!!! (Tron too!!)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I saw Tron in the cinema a bunch of times. Loved it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
RIP
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Dave22 private msg quote post Address this user
He will be missed did a stream about him .
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
The loss of great talent must stop!! David Warner was a great actor and his class and professionalism was next level. RIP.

Stop how? We're all going to be getting a visit from the Grim Reaper sooner or later. David Warner lived a long fruitful life. RIP
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Dave22 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep true even the doctors will pass on yes they are all human not time lords even though we wish they were doesn't change the facts though we all die eventually everything has it's time and everything dies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597975 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?