Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
So I recently submitted and received back two comics. I was thinking these books were easy 9.8-9.6 got them back at 9.6-9.4 notes saying (the 9.4)tiny spine stress breaks color. small crease left back cover with light bend back cover (should have pressed but looked good to me at the time). Other (9.6) said small spine stress breaks color. I looked back and did have pictures before submitting. I dont see these flaws. I do now in the case. I handed them in at a con so it wasnt my shipping to blame. My question is was the bag and board just not good enough quality (ultra pro crap)? I only used one backing board do most people use two? I dont really want to blame cbcs here either but how are they packaged when sent back to fl? Just curious how I f'd up.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious to hear this answer. I've worried about what happens to the book once it leaves my hands when I submit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
I'll bet we all worry.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRig - I would be concerned if there are flaws on the book that aren't in your photos before submitting and would contact CBCS.

Having said that I would at least put the comic in silver age bag and board and then put that into a golden age bag and board.

A lot of folks won't submit at cons because they believe there is more likelihood of damage, but I always submit this way.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
So I recently submitted and received back two comics. I was thinking these books were easy 9.8-9.6 got them back at 9.6-9.4 notes saying (the 9.4)tiny spine stress breaks color. small crease left back cover with light bend back cover (should have pressed but looked good to me at the time). Other (9.6) said small spine stress breaks color. I looked back and did have pictures before submitting. I dont see these flaws. I do now in the case. I handed them in at a con so it wasnt my shipping to blame. My question is was the bag and board just not good enough quality (ultra pro crap)? I only used one backing board do most people use two? I dont really want to blame cbcs here either but how are they packaged when sent back to fl? Just curious how I f'd up.

This is why I want to know how the books are stored while in cbcs possession. I had a similar experience. @SteveRicketts
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Let's assume the answer is that the books are stored as securely as possible (which I suspect will be the answer, as we all should hope). If your book suffered damage but there's no record of it happening, hopefully customer service will make it right. Do you have to sign a release of liability when leaving books with CBCS at a con?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I use my eyes to scan over books and I like to think I do a pretty good job, I take pictures but I never go beyond that. I'm sure the grading process requires magnification of different types that will show things my naked eye can't see. I'm also sure that the lighting used when viewing or taking pictures of books can have an effect on my perception of the defect.

I pay companies like CBCS for their professional scrutiny. I appreciate that every book I assume is a 9.8 is not, otherwise we would have way more 9.8 copies than people who want to buy them.

Just an opinion.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600707 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?