Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mind shaking things up so that I, as a comics fan, don't already know the details on what's going to happen in advance just because I read the pertinent comics in The Way Back When. Depending on future plans, they may have had to do something about Wanda because she had become too powerful. Am I happy with that? Not necessarily, but I'll wait to see how things develop.
Post 176 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Does comic link bid extend auction duration or can you snipe?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Snipe, they don’t extend auctions. I do it all the time on art I want. Normal pattern for me is to put a low tracking bid on the item on day 1. Last day, snipe away.

@Byrdibyrd Noting what occurs in the Doctor Strange movie, I don’t think Wanda’s power level is an issue any longer.

I wish they had moved forward with her. So much that could have been developed with her training “new” Avengers and leading a new team. I really dug the character. The actress who played her allowed everyone else to shine around her while being a very steady presence in all the scenes she was in.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I wish they had moved forward with her. So much that could have been developed with her training “new” Avengers and leading a new team. I really dug the character. The actress who played her allowed everyone else to shine around her while being a very steady presence in all the scenes she was in.

That would have been a dream scenario for me, too. It'd be nice if she could be brought back in some capacity. Elizabeth Olsen did a lovely job with her, especially considering what a complex character she was.
Post 179 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater

Thank you very much for the information.
Post 180 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I don't mind shaking things up so that I, as a comics fan, don't already know the details on what's going to happen in advance just because I read the pertinent comics in The Way Back When. Depending on future plans, they may have had to do something about Wanda because she had become too powerful. Am I happy with that? Not necessarily, but I'll wait to see how things develop.

Maybe Wanda develops a conscious and become the nice witch again?
Post 181 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Maybe Wanda develops a conscious and become the nice witch again?

This is the MCU we're talking about. I'd expect another version from the multiverse to drop in, but who knows?
Post 182 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Did anyone else dislike the MCU story arch of Wanda? They took the strongest Avenger and threw her away.

(Strongest Avenger means the only one that was capable of killing Thanos in a one on one fight as shown in End Game).

Not a fan of characters like Scarlet Witch with nebulous powers and unknowable limitations (or lack of limitations). Their powers are kind of like how I heard someone describe "The Force" in Star Wars. What are their powers? They are whatever the writer needs them to be.
Post 183 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Then you must have been thrilled with the ending of Doctor Strange 2.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia Like Superman before the squared off U.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia Then you must have been thrilled with the ending of Doctor Strange 2.

Yes I was happy they went that direction. except that we still had Dr.Strange, which is basically the same situation.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
for those interested Jim (Jim Comics) just reminded us of the facsimile covers of Action Comics #1, ASM #1 and Detective Comics #27 will soon be published and can be ordered now
Post 187 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
for those interested Jim (Jim Comics) just reminded us of the facsimile covers of Action Comics #1, ASM #1 and Detective Comics #27 will soon be published and can be ordered now

Pre-ordered my copies...
Post 188 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Odd coincidence or cosmic message? There are few comics I’m actively seeking to add to my collection. One is AC252. One of my cars is a numbered edition (so #x/500 etc) with a little placard of the number. Not something I pay much attention to but mine is #252…

Cue the Twilight Zone theme…
Post 189 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not a question just something odd...

tried one of those AI art generators - not too bad!!

think I've found a new hobby!!

clickable text

Post 190 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Is $575 a good offer for a New Mutants 98 direct edition CGC 9.6? It has not been pressed.
Post 191 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay prices have been around $585 to $650 shipped. It seems reasonable to me, but you may be able to get a bit more for it.

Post 192 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm gonna wait for the Black Flag limited edition variant.
Post 193 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I'm gonna wait for the Black Flag limited edition variant.

You're not gettin' greedy,.. are ya?
Post 194 IP   flag post
Is the unlicensed facsimile on a facsimile for >$100 when we finally knew comic hype jumped the shark or when AF15 briefly held the title of highest $ comic sale?

For me it was the latter. Just more subtle - when someone is willing to pay more for a number on a book that is available for sale at every major auction, all year round, than a book that is at least 5x more important and likely 50x rarer.

It was like the visible portion of the iceberg while the UF4 fiasco was the Titanic crashing into the iceberg.
Post 195 IP   flag post
What’s the ceiling on TMNT#1, first printing? 3000 in the print run. Roughly, 1100 are graded. Massive fan base. Each generation that has followed it has rediscovered the characters. Owned by a company that can take it further into the future.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
What’s the ceiling on TMNT#1, first printing? 3000 in the print run. Roughly, 1100 are graded. Massive fan base. Each generation that has followed it has rediscovered the characters. Owned by a company that can take it further into the future.

It is one book I am looking to add at a “market” price…
Post 197 IP   flag post
I own Eastman’s copy, or one of them. I’ve heard of 3. I was going to sell it. I just couldn’t do it. More than likely, I never will sell it. I hunted that book for years. Heck, I went years (before the internet) never seeing a copy of it.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
I own Eastman’s copy, or one of them. I’ve heard of 3. I was going to sell it. I just couldn’t do it. More than likely, I never will sell it. I hunted that book for years. Heck, I went years (before the internet) never seeing a copy of it.

Awesome book!
Post 199 IP   flag post
What does this mean? Someone said this to me and it's supposed to be an old saying.

You would have fallen off your chair today if you was an inch tall and in my shirt pocket
Post 200 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds to me like someone is mixing their metaphors.
Post 201 IP   flag post
They also probably think they get French benefits at work.
Post 202 IP   flag post
So mcfarlane had a special comic if you bought a certain amount in his toy line. They finally shipped. Should get it Saturday. Not the first time I bought a toy for just the comic.... although the comic is sight unseen. It could be a blank cover gor all I know.....
Post 203 IP   flag post

Post 204 IP   flag post
That looks horrendous.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601347 999 30