Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I rearrange the pepperoni on a frozen pizza before baking it as well.

I do the same thing but I put all the pepperoni on one half, essentially giving me a double pepperoni half a pizza. And the other half remains cheese. I like both.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
As a seller, I have had folks change their mind. While annoying I refunded the money and if I was pissed I'd block them after the situation was settled. Not while we are supposedly discussing it. i have an hour for ebay to call me back.

I'm half tempted to give a negative to him so he can deal with ebay and try and remove it after being a prick.

Buyers never get negatives. So you have nothing to worry about there
Post 902 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I understand your conflict. You feel like you shouldn't have purchased something and then asked to cancel. On the other hand, what the seller did is extremely odd. I'm guessing it is all in writing on the Ebay platform? Once he ships to you, you are going to have significant leverage over him. If you wanted to be a pain in his ass or even try to coerce a partial refund, you would have leverage to attempt that. I'm going to be surprised if he puts himself in that position by shipping. I don't blame him for blocking a buyer who asks to cancel but I'm thinking he probably didn't realize that it would prevent you from canceling the purchase. If you want me to help, you can PM me the name and details and I will message him a note letting him know that you are blocked from canceling. Non-mafia style, just an informative message.
Post 903 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Bronte asked to cancel but also offered to complete the transaction (if I recall correctly).

Very different. Seller is a douche.
Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Bronte asked to cancel but also offered to complete the transaction (if I recall correctly).

Agreed, I would not block someone who acknowledged that what they were requesting was just a request...and not something they felt they had a right to demand.
Post 905 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I concur. There's a level of petulance, too, that a person running an online business should have risen above long ago. I get the frustration on the part of the seller, but requesting the confirmation and then blocking before it can be done is immature.
Post 906 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@Element_Lad thank you!! That relieves me of a lot of worry.

I heard horror stories of Michael Golden so no plans to do a commission with him prior. I’ll see what he can do at the con.

I've heard the "patience is a virtue" story about Michael Golden, not sure if there are others. It surprised me. The one time I met him at a show he was great and seemed like a true professional.
Post 907 IP   flag post
As a participant on ebay as both buyer and seller I adhere to Kant’s categorical imperatives.

Sometimes, however, we find ourselves dealing with a different variation of that same pronunciation. No offense intended.
Post 908 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I heard horror stories of Michael Golden so no plans to do a commission with him prior. I’ll see what he can do at the con.

I've heard the "patience is a virtue" story about Michael Golden, not sure if there are others. It surprised me. The one time I met him at a show he was great and seemed like a true professional.

Makes me think “Golden rule” and then I consider the coincidence with my prior post…
Post 909 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Makes me think “Golden rule” and then I consider the coincidence with my prior post…

Nice, Maybe that's his trademark move? Like, your commission comes with a free education on the Michael Golden Rule. Not trying to be a kant, just trying to educate customers.
Post 910 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

he didn't ship it yet. I'm trying to cancel before he incurs the cost. His policy is to accept returns so he would be on the hook for accepting return regardless.

Edit

Thank you for the offer.
I asked ebay to mail him so in theory that should get his attention. If it doesn't, I call back tomorrow and ebay will cancel the order. Since he literally said he would accept cancelation they said they can enforce it after 24 hours have passed.

At this point I'm just trying to save him money from not shipping both to and return.
Post 911 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

I didn't offer to complete transaction initially. I only asked if it was too late to accept a cancelation.

Buyers have said no in the past and I have eaten hundreds of dollars of loss because my word is my bond. But in this case I dont want to deal with him again.
Post 912 IP   flag post
Just got notice. He refunded the amount and cancelled the transaction.
Post 913 IP   flag post
@Bronte
What a hassle! I'd return the 'blocking' favour and make sure to block the seller, too. Dude needs to grow up.
Post 914 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia

he didn't ship it yet. I'm trying to cancel before he incurs the cost. His policy is to accept returns so he would be on the hook for accepting return regardless.

Edit

Thank you for the offer.
I asked ebay to mail him so in theory that should get his attention. If it doesn't, I call back tomorrow and ebay will cancel the order. Since he literally said he would accept cancelation they said they can enforce it after 24 hours have passed.

At this point I'm just trying to save him money from not shipping both to and return.

You should know (if you dont already), that whether a person takes returns or not is technically irrelevant. Ebay has a policy that if the buyer (you) starts a return as "Item not as described, the return is automatically approved, and the buyer automatically pays for the return. Its not a nice policy at all. And buyers do abuse it. And it sucks. But there are instances (like yours here) that it would be your best recourse if the seller actually ships the item even after you said "please cancel" before he actually shipped it.
Post 915 IP   flag post
“I bought some items on ebay and before the item shipped I asked if it was possible to cancel order. If he said no, that would have been fine. He said sure, just confirm cancelation.”

I recalled it incorrectly. So the “if he said no, that would have been fine” was an internal aside never communicated to the buyer. That makes the tone a bit different (to me). If you ask the seller to cancel, even if using the word “possible” they may infer a negative or neutral feedback if they say “no” to the request. Doesn’t excuse their response but if you wanted to convey it was optional, and you intended to complete the deal if they insisted, I think you should have said so.

You cannot assume sellers on ebay know how reasonable or unreasonable you are unless you state it explicitly.

Quote:
@Davethebrave

I didn't offer to complete transaction initially. I only asked if it was too late to accept a cancelation.

Buyers have said no in the past and I have eaten hundreds of dollars of loss because my word is my bond. But in this case I dont want to deal with him again.
Post 916 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

You are completely correct. I simply asked if it was possible to cancel. There was nothing implied or suggested because I wanted an honest answer from him. Basically I was asking for a dialog. If he assumed I had malicious intent that was on him. In my opinion, it's kinda like negotiating for a car, you ask if the price is set in stone. If he says yes you buy or not, if he says no then you open dialog about negotiating. It doesn't hurt to ask is my point.you don't tell the guy I'll buy the car fir full price even if you are willing. You ask if it's negotiable.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave

You are completely correct. I simply asked if it was possible to cancel. There was nothing implied or suggested because I wanted an honest answer from him. Basically I was asking for a dialog. If he assumed I had malicious intent that was on him. In my opinion, it's kinda like negotiating for a car, you ask if the price is set in stone. If he says yes you buy or not, if he says no then you open dialog about negotiating. It doesn't hurt to ask is my point.you don't tell the guy I'll buy the car fir full price even if you are willing. You ask if it's negotiable.

I agree but remember context. Online, Ebay. They can interpret it as a (somewhat common) flaky buyer.

Remember that -after- agreeing to buy an ebay item, everything becomes “non standard” when asking for adjustments. Different from a negotiation as there is no negotiated “upside” vs their expectations once you bought the item.
Post 918 IP   flag post
lol, @Davethebrave and @Bronte icons look like two eras of Batman having a rather serious Ebay discussion.
Post 919 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

We have good taste in avatars?
Post 920 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Suppose so.
Post 921 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Suppose so.

Bronte’s is legit. Mine was drawn by a hack.
Post 922 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Why don't they have 3D wallpaper...like proper red/blue need to wear glasses to get the effect wallpaper?
Post 923 IP   flag post
I would imagine it's disorienting unless you wear the glasses
Post 924 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't know anything the guy has done. He kinda "looks" like he could fit the role. But if he only does comedy it could be a really bad choice

You've never watched Borat!?!? If not, you're in for a treat.
Post 925 IP   flag post
@flanders

Nope I think that's a comedy. Last comedy I remember watching was, there is something about Mary. Unless you count she hulk as comedy. For some reason. I dont get a lot of humor....
Post 926 IP   flag post
@Bronte
I'm not much of a fan of current comedic style(s). I usually find it lame or cringey instead of funny. Just my personal taste. Plenty of classic comedies are great for me, but the cringey stuff? It just makes me want to leave the room.
Post 927 IP   flag post
As politically incorrect as it is now, Eddie Murphy used to be funny as hell. Raw and Delirious still maje me laugh. But I dint know, it's like there is a huge disconnect with humor and me, I find very few things funny. Although people laugh at the stuff I say. They say I have dry humor?
Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Eddie Murphy used to be funny as hell. Raw and Delirious still maje me laugh

Eddie Murphy Raw stays with you your whole life. I still think of stuff from that routine.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Someone posted the McDonald's hamburger skir. I laughed at that. Not only was it funny I could relate. Welfare burgers..... lol
Post 930 IP   flag post
618083 999 30