Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I rearrange the pepperoni on a frozen pizza before baking it as well.

LOL!! I do this too because the peperoni moves and I want even peperoni on my pizzas.
Post 876 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
So - who is Timely?

I thought it might be that cranky Mr.Timely2 we had here but @DrWatson stated who it is.
Post 877 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Am I the only person who rearranges the eggs in a carton after each use so that they are symmetrical and the weight is evenly distributed?

No
Post 878 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

West Stephan - CBCS President or whatever his title is since Steve left. No surprise there. It's a wonder it took this long.

Anyone find it odd that the President of CBCS posts on CGC boards but has yet to make an appearance on CBCS boards since the change over?
Post 879 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Am I the only person who rearranges the eggs in a carton after each use so that they are symmetrical and the weight is evenly distributed?

No. If I don't do it I risk having an egg fall out of the unbalanced carton next time I pick it up.
Post 880 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

West Stephan - CBCS President or whatever his title is since Steve left. No surprise there. It's a wonder it took this long.

Anyone find it odd that the President of CBCS posts on CGC boards but has yet to make an appearance on CBCS boards since the change over?
Odd? No. What one would expect? Yes.
Post 881 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

It depends on the nature of his posts. If I worked at CBCS, this would be the second to last place I would want to post. The last would be Facebook. I'm surprised Borock did it with some of the snarky bastards that post it the TAT thread.
Post 882 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

No. I never want the carton weight to get out of balance. Always keep it migrating towards the middle. For some reason I just assume that an unbalanced carton will catch my son by surprise (like so many things do) and end up all over the floor.
Post 883 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I used 5 eggs yesterday from a new carton to mess with the universe!
Post 884 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

It depends on the nature of his posts. If I worked at CBCS, this would be the second to last place I would want to post. The last would be Facebook. I'm surprised Borock did it with some of the snarky bastards that post it the TAT thread.

I agree about Facebook. But I would be using this controlled and moderated environment to communicate more. It may be painful and awkward in difficult times, but nothing positive will come from remaining silent. Those communications will make their way from here to Facebook as a one-way communication. People on Facebook will snark and criticize, but he won't have to engage and respond there.
Post 885 IP   flag post
If the company doesn't control the narrative then someone else will....and when some else does, it usually skews negatively.
Post 886 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought some items on ebay and before the item shipped I asked if it was possible to cancel order. If he said no, that would have been fine. He said sure, just confirm cancelation. He then blocked me do I can't confirm. If it was a problem say no and we work it out like adults. Now I have to get ebay involved. How would you handle this? I did not give him any ultimatums or threats or anything. I would have bought the books if he said no. Now what? Risk negative feedback because he doesn't want to discuss?
Post 887 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

I agree about Facebook. But I would be using this controlled and moderated environment to communicate more. It may be painful and awkward in difficult times, but nothing positive will come from remaining silent. Those communications will make their way from here to Facebook as a one-way communication. People on Facebook will snark and criticize, but he won't have to engage and respond there.

Remaining aloof would, IMHO, be a mistake. Folks here are, for the most part, the loyal repeat customers. Giving said customers the impression that you either hold yourself above them or cannot be bothered to make time for/communicate with them is not a good plan.
Post 888 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He's never been one to post much on the cgc even when he worked over there. And then it was almost exclusively in the GA Forum.
Post 889 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I bought some items on ebay and before the item shipped I asked if it was possible to cancel order. If he said no, that would have been fine. He said sure, just confirm cancelation. He then blocked me do I can't confirm. If it was a problem say no and we work it out like adults. Now I have to get ebay involved. How would you handle this? I did not give him any ultimatums or threats or anything. I would have bought the books if he said no. Now what? Risk negative feedback because he doesn't want to discuss?

That guy sounds like he needs a chill pill. Dude shouldn't have blocked you like that, and now the only recourse you have is to get eBay involved, which is tough luck for the seller because that could wind up on seller metrics. Since you're the buyer, dude can't give you negative feedback, because eBay has a heavy buyer-bias. Buyers can give negative feedback to sellers, but not vice-versa.

I've had buyers cancel on me after auctions before, and while it's annoying, I really appreciate that they're 'fessing up and not being deadbeats. The deadbeats are the ones I block, not the people who just made an honest mistake.
Post 890 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

That guy sounds like he needs a chill pill. Dude shouldn't have blocked you like that, and now the only recourse you have is to get eBay involved, which is tough luck for the seller because that could wind up on seller metrics. Since you're the buyer, dude can't give you negative feedback, because eBay has a heavy buyer-bias. Buyers can give negative feedback to sellers, but not vice-versa.

I've had buyers cancel on me after auctions before, and while it's annoying, I really appreciate that they're 'fessing up and not being deadbeats. The deadbeats are the ones I block, not the people who just made an honest mistake.

It's possible the seller didn't know he was complicating things by blocking you so early in the cancellation stage.
Post 891 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
As a seller, I have had folks change their mind. While annoying I refunded the money and if I was pissed I'd block them after the situation was settled. Not while we are supposedly discussing it. i have an hour for ebay to call me back.

I'm half tempted to give a negative to him so he can deal with ebay and try and remove it after being a prick.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's possible the seller didn't know he was complicating things by blocking you so early in the cancellation stage.

That's a good possibility. I still think it's childish for the seller to block someone who is trying to cancel before the item is shipped (the only time when cancelling would be 'convenient' for the seller). There are some processes on eBay that are oddly complex, and they tend to change over time, making things harder than they need to be. The seller really might not have known it would be a problem.

Quote:
As a seller, I have had folks change their mind. While annoying I refunded the money and if I was pissed I'd block them after the situation was settled. Not while we are supposedly discussing it. i have an hour for ebay to call me back.

I'm half tempted to give a negative to him so he can deal with ebay and try and remove it after being a prick.

Blocking folks after issues are settled is how it should be done. I block deadbeats and people who are abusive or unreasonable. I'd be very tempted to at least give this seller lukewarm feedback. The reality is that sometimes purchases need to be cancelled. If I buy something and then realise my finances aren't what I thought or that I've made some kind of error, then I'd cancel the purchase before it goes any further and apologise to the seller. As long as the item hasn't shipped the seller should be gracious about it.
Post 893 IP   flag post
I talked to ebay and they said give him 24 hours to cancel. I said that if he ships it during that time bracket, then it gets even more complicated and he loses money on return shipping and sending. Can't you contact him and tell him to unblock me until transaction is complete?

The lady said something unintelligible and I said whatever, I just dont want seller to be out money 2x for no reason.

I guess I'll find out in 24 hours.
Post 894 IP   flag post
You're being very considerate to the guy that blocked you....that's a good thing. You're the buyer so you are in a far better position than the seller. You've gone above and beyond to make this as easy as possible to the seller. Sleep well and the chips will fall where they may.
Post 895 IP   flag post
@GAC

I get the guy the guy is upset. I might be too, but to be out money, and time is something that would infuriate me if I was seller. I don't want him to go through that.

I'm an ass, but I'm not a complete prick.
Post 896 IP   flag post
Quote:
@GAC

I get the guy the guy is upset. I might be too, but to be out money, and time is something that would infuriate me if I was seller. I don't want him to go through that.

I'm an ass, but I'm not a complete prick.

As a seller, it annoys me to have to issue a refund when a buyer abruptly cancels, but if that's done before I waste my time shipping - not to mention my $ if shipping is free for the buyer - it's an inconvenience but it's not dire. It's certainly not worth losing a potential customer who appreciates a seller being gracious about a cancellation.
Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Found Batman Archives Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 first print from 1990 and 1991.

Is there any value in these reprints? I doubt it, but figured I should ask any way.

Post 898 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

2 things - 1) i don‘t believe you can give negative once you have been refunded (but i could be wrong)

2) while i would have handled it differently by asking whether you can cancel before shipped - for some sellers - you become a buyer they don’t wish to deal with - hence the block.
Post 899 IP   flag post
@poka

He agreed to cancel if I confirmed cancelation. I can't confirm therefore if i take him at his word he will ship.

He has NOT refunded me squat so far. He has just succeeded in making me waste over an hour with ebay waiting for them to call and then tomorrow if I need to call again.

I prolly wont give him a negative feedback because part of this is my fault. But if anything he does deserve a neutral, because it sure hasn't been positive for either of us.
Post 900 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I rearrange the pepperoni on a frozen pizza before baking it as well.

I do the same thing but I put all the pepperoni on one half, essentially giving me a double pepperoni half a pizza. And the other half remains cheese. I like both.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Buyers never get negatives. So you have nothing to worry about there
Post 902 IP   flag post
@Bronte I understand your conflict. You feel like you shouldn't have purchased something and then asked to cancel. On the other hand, what the seller did is extremely odd. I'm guessing it is all in writing on the Ebay platform? Once he ships to you, you are going to have significant leverage over him. If you wanted to be a pain in his ass or even try to coerce a partial refund, you would have leverage to attempt that. I'm going to be surprised if he puts himself in that position by shipping. I don't blame him for blocking a buyer who asks to cancel but I'm thinking he probably didn't realize that it would prevent you from canceling the purchase. If you want me to help, you can PM me the name and details and I will message him a note letting him know that you are blocked from canceling. Non-mafia style, just an informative message.
Post 903 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Bronte asked to cancel but also offered to complete the transaction (if I recall correctly).

Very different. Seller is a douche.
Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Bronte asked to cancel but also offered to complete the transaction (if I recall correctly).

Very different. Seller is a douche.

Agreed, I would not block someone who acknowledged that what they were requesting was just a request...and not something they felt they had a right to demand.
Post 905 IP   flag post
600874 999 30