Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Element_Lad thank you!! That relieves me of a lot of worry.

I heard horror stories of Michael Golden so no plans to do a commission with him prior. I’ll see what he can do at the con.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson thats beautiful!!

Ha anyone ever sent a comic book to an artist before the con then pick it up at the con?
Post 852 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've never done that, but I have participated in sketch ops where I just sent a blank cover.
Post 853 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse
I'm seeing a bridge.
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@DrWatson thats beautiful!!

Ha anyone ever sent a comic book to an artist before the con then pick it up at the con?

Yes with Scott Ambruson
Post 855 IP   flag post

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just us or has anyone else noticed that Vintage books appear to be moving faster than Modern books through the CBCS pipeline? I ask because our last two Vintage grade only orders have gone from Received to Grading in about four months, while the Modern orders still sit waiting. If true this would be the polar opposite of the other guys who have now had one of our Vintage orders for 13 months still waiting to be graded.
Post 856 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment I dunno... I have a June 22' order (29 modern, 1 vintage) still sitting as received. And an anomaly on a September 22' order (30 moderns) already graded and picked up by MCS (not on express either). So the rhymes & reasons are a scattered vat of unknown....

It's as if they stick everyone's books in a huge dimly lit room and reach in a grab whatever is close to the door. Coin toss as to what that may be...
Post 857 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 Yeah, for the orders with mixed tiers there's definitely no reference. We had one of those anomalies too, a regular order that got the express treatment, and it's anybody's guess as to why. I've also experienced "signature speed" where an order with a VSP book seemed to get faster throughput than normal.

As a rule we don't mix tiers within an order. Having an express book wait for a normal press and grade would be maddening.

At least their new place has room for them to stretch and hopefully get it all organized. I guess we'll find out as time goes by. And I'm still wondering if they've split the grading path internally based on Vintage or not. I know from talking to @sborock that grading a vintage book is different than grading a freshly printed modern, so it would seem logical for graders (or grading teams) to specialize in one or the other for efficiencies sake.
Post 858 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
@Nearmint67 Yeah, for the orders with mixed tiers there's definitely no reference. We had one of those anomalies too, a regular order that got the express treatment, and it's anybody's guess as to why. I've also experienced "signature speed" where an order with a VSP book seemed to get faster throughput than normal.

As a rule we don't mix tiers within an order. Having an express book wait for a normal press and grade would be maddening.

At least their new place has room for them to stretch and hopefully get it all organized. I guess we'll find out as time goes by. And I'm still wondering if they've split the grading path internally based on Vintage or not. I know from talking to @sborock that grading a vintage book is different than grading a freshly printed modern, so it would seem logical for graders (or grading teams) to specialize in one or the other for efficiencies sake.
Yeah, logic would dictate such. However this is the real--corporate--world.
Post 859 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Mephisto MCU rumor

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-sacha-baron-cohen-mephisto
Post 860 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Mephisto MCU rumor

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-sacha-baron-cohen-mephisto

I'm not sure...I mean... I think I've only ever seen him in 1 non comedy role so I find it hard to envision him as Mephisto
Post 861 IP   flag post
@Bronte not a fan
Post 862 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know anything the guy has done. He kinda "looks" like he could fit the role. But if he only does comedy it could be a really bad choice
Post 863 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I don't know anything the guy has done. He kinda "looks" like he could fit the role. But if he only does comedy it could be a really bad choice

I've seen comedians with enormous range, but there's also the typecast question. Are people going to be incapable of taking the character seriously if he's portrayed by this actor? Both Robin Williams and Jim Carrey have managed to get respect when in dramatic roles, but what about Sacha Baron Cohen? If he can't pull it off, it's going to be pretty awful. I'm kinda hoping the rumour remains just a rumour.
Post 864 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Sacha is a talented actor for sure. He is predominantly known for comedy but has done dramatic roles too, the most recent I've seen being the Trial of the Chicago Seven on Netflix which he won best supporting actor Oscar. He is a talent and would do the role justice in my opinion.

Filmography
Post 865 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Sacha Baron Cohen could likely pull it off (fairly well). Not that I’m holding my breath for any MCU movies being good regardless of actor choices. They had Bale for Thor 4 and completely wasted him…

As an aside, I sometimes see Sacha Cohen’s uncle (Simon) referenced in non-fiction books I read. Was re-reading a Steven Pinker book (“How the Mind Works”) recently and Simon Baron Cohen was cited. Haven’t read a reference to Sacha in a while until today. Reminds me that my mom still has my Ali G DVD collection.
Post 866 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Post 867 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody collect Brainstorm comics? I have a few that I can't sell on ebay
Post 868 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
So - who is Timely?

Post 869 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
So - who is Timely?

West Stephan - CBCS President or whatever his title is since Steve left. No surprise there. It's a wonder it took this long.
Post 870 IP   flag post
Am I the only person who rearranges the eggs in a carton after each use so that they are symmetrical and the weight is evenly distributed?
Post 871 IP   flag post
Yes
Post 872 IP   flag post
I rearrange the pepperoni on a frozen pizza before baking it as well.
Post 873 IP   flag post
That I do too. I like symmetry
Post 874 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Am I the only person who rearranges the eggs in a carton after each use so that they are symmetrical and the weight is evenly distributed?

Nope....I do this exactly for that reason...even weight distribution...prevents falling eggs.
Post 875 IP   flag post
Quote:
I rearrange the pepperoni on a frozen pizza before baking it as well.

LOL!! I do this too because the peperoni moves and I want even peperoni on my pizzas.
Post 876 IP   flag post
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

I thought it might be that cranky Mr.Timely2 we had here but @DrWatson stated who it is.
Post 877 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

No
Post 878 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
So - who is Timely?

West Stephan - CBCS President or whatever his title is since Steve left. No surprise there. It's a wonder it took this long.

Anyone find it odd that the President of CBCS posts on CGC boards but has yet to make an appearance on CBCS boards since the change over?
Post 879 IP   flag post
Quote:

No. If I don't do it I risk having an egg fall out of the unbalanced carton next time I pick it up.
Post 880 IP   flag post
611380 999 30