Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
sugar water with pink coloring.. No thanks...
Post 776 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if we can still register to be a witness for Cons?
Post 777 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought some glow in tbe dark books. How do I charge them? Is regular light bulb sufficient? How long do they need to be exposed?

Edit

Exposing to uv lights will trigger effect

Post 778 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Who is that Vanessa chic that Jamie Fox talks to in those betMGM commercials?
Post 779 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Hudgens
Post 780 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
Cool!!
Post 781 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Hudgens

Google, here I come.
Post 782 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Yeah they are pretty nifty. I didn't expect them to be in their own polybsg. And the book is super fat. I'm wondering if it will be able to be slabbed?

Harley quinn 30th anniversary book
Post 783 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

Yeah they are pretty nifty. I didn't expect them to be in their own polybsg. And the book is super fat. I'm wondering if it will be able to be slabbed?

Harley quinn 30th anniversary book

I've had some pretty chunky books slabbed, including a couple of the old DC 80-Pages Giants and several of the hefty Detective Comics #1000s and stuff like that. I don't see how the Harleys would be any different.
Post 784 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Hudgens

Google, here I come.
Bad Boys For Life!
Post 785 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Pm sent @HotKeycomics.
Post 786 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
So, will a new thread be started when the new year rings in or will we keep using this one until it fills up?
Post 787 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
So, will a new thread be started when the new year rings in or will we keep using this one until it fills up?

Post 788 IP   flag post
Nice cover

Post 789 IP   flag post
So I got my copy of Action Comics # 1 Facsimile last week and was checking it out.
And see something very familiar. Looks like Amazing Fantasy 15 cover idea came from Action Comics #1.
What do you think?

Spidey has a man tucked under his arm. Iconic cover, right....
Now take a look at some pics from the story in Action Comics #1.
Supes has a man tucked under his arm too. But way before AF 15....

Post 790 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's stretch. That seems to be the typical carry position for the super powered individuals. The missionary position for super heroes rescues if you will.
Post 791 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So I got my copy of Action Comics # 1 Facsimile last week and was checking it out.
And see something very familiar. Looks like Amazing Fantasy 15 cover idea came from Action Comics #1.
What do you think?

Spidey has a man tucked under his arm. Iconic cover, right....
Now take a look at some pics from the story in Action Comics #1.
Supes has a man tucked under his arm too. But way before AF 15....

I'd ask myself....if you're going to have a super powered individual carry a human being while moving....how would that look like? Probably like all the above.
Post 792 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's been answered before, but where should I order BCW short boxes in bulk? Or, is there something more aesthetically pleasing that I should be considering now that my boxes are an entire wall of my office?
Post 793 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon might be the best option:

clickable text

Or your LCS might have some off-brand boxes that are more affordable.
Post 794 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Amazon might be the best option:

clickable text

Or your LCS might have some off-brand boxes that are more affordable.

That price seems fair enough. Helpful, thanks.
Post 795 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia
I think the last time I got a flat of BCW short boxes it was from eBay. They had competitive prices and would ship to my P.O. box.
Post 796 IP   flag post
You could opt for the plastic corrugated short boxes. I love mine. Never decay. They don't attract silverfish or any other bugs. Semi water-resistant....
Post 797 IP   flag post
Quote:
You could opt for the plastic corrugated short boxes. I love mine. Never decay. They don't attract silverfish or any other bugs. Semi water-resistant....

I should look at that. My wife wants me to do something that presents better than the regular boxes. Any suggestions?
Post 798 IP   flag post
Quote:

These are what I'll probably be upgrading to at some point. Just have to get the $$$ together, 'cause they aren't cheap.
Post 799 IP   flag post
This is regular comics raw. NOT graded. I think they sell graded boxes as well but you'd have to look.

Comic pro line was the best price I could find. They come in white, black, or grey. They include plastic handles to insert into the handle holes.

A 20 box bundle costs about 220$ CANADIAN

Here is my reciept for black.
The reciept is for USA dollars

https://shop.app/p/5279799541911

Post 800 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I should look at that. My wife wants me to do something that presents better than the regular boxes. Any suggestions?

I have some of the plastic corrugated boxes and while I like them, they remain in an “enclosed” space. Not sure they are all that different aesthetically from cardboard. If you were storing small quantities I’d have more options, but for large quantities at reasonable price something similar to this may work. We have some fabric covered boxes for clothes. Some are sturdy with stiff sides, some aren’t. May be worth researching similar (or buying and trying one before purchasing to replace).

Comic Book Storage, Comic Book Box, 15.8" X 7.8" X 11.8", Collapsible Comic Short Box, Holds 160-180 Comic Book (2021 Gray) https://a.co/d/3lCo5lY
Post 801 IP   flag post
After looking at all the options I went with the same old cardboard boxes that I've been using for 40 years. I can write on them. They breakdown easy and degrade over time. I can burn them if the power goes out this winter.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Not really a question, more venting....

So I recently sent a book to CCS to have restoration removed. During the removal process they have to do a screen to see if it's viable. The screen said it was viable and could benefit from a press. The book was then deemed NOT press worthy after restoration removal. And the graders notes say "heavy finger bends". After some discussion with CGC the rep refunded me the cost of express pressing.

At this point, there is nothing I can really do. The book isn't worth expediting a second time through the economy grading. And if they had just did the press when asked or stayed condistent with whether it could be pressed I wouldn't feel so shafted.
Post 803 IP   flag post
@Bronte
I'm so sorry that happened! What a disappointment. They should refund more than just the cost of a pressing they claim is no longer worthwhile. The reason we request and pay for pre-screening is to avoid exactly this scenario. IMHO they should grade it for you, too.
Post 804 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I can only presume maybe the press wouldn't bump the grade higher so that's the reason they said a press isn't viable?

Of course the person making that decision is the only one the knows.
Post 805 IP   flag post
601366 999 30