Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
What will the final bid be?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/964166

Post 701 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I dint know but a 20% buyers premium seems steep to me
Post 702 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Seller of that Xmen 1 lost a lot of $$$ on that sale…
Post 703 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave did they? What should it have sold for?

Edit: I see what you mean after looking through the sold listings. I don't know if comic connect charges a additional seller's fee when the premium is that high but it looks like it was purchased for $807,300 last year and sold for less than $730,000 today, before the 20% buyer's premium was added.
Post 704 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Davethebrave did they? What should it have sold for?

They paid more than $800k about a year ago. Plus tax.

Sold for $870 but seller gets $725.

My guess is they lost between $130-$150k…

Normally I’d say it should be pocket change for someone buying a book in that range but selling now… not sure…
Post 705 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they took the loss to offset a gain? 🤷‍♂️
Post 706 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Louise Fletcher from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has passed away.
Post 707 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Louise Fletcher from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has passed away.

She was nightmare fuel in Cuckoo's Nest. Great actress. RIP.
Post 708 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Nurse Ratched from Cuckoos Nest....brilliant film...great actress. RIP.
Post 709 IP   flag post
Never watched cuckoo nest. I hear it had a great ECT depiction tbough....
Post 710 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea who's scribble this is?

I thought Eric Stephenson (Editor), but doesn't seem to match up....

Post 711 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 looking a the ones on eBay that looks like his signature.

Post 712 IP   flag post
@Towmater
Yeah, those definitely look the same as @Paulbg2000 's book. If there are still doubts, consider using Beckett to confirm it before sending it in. It's only about $10.
Post 713 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone think this book might be trimmed? It seems too "perfect" along the bottom edge. Or maybe I'm just being hyper? Last picture is the one that seems to show the perfection the best.

Post 714 IP   flag post
It doesn't look trimmed to me. How are the other edges? Does this edge stand out as being unusually tidy? That could be a sign of trimming.
Post 715 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
It doesn't look trimmed to me. How are the other edges? Does this edge stand out as being unusually tidy? That could be a sign of trimming.

Thank you!! Yea.. I literally just checked my other copy and it looks the same. So either both have been trimmed or both are made that way
Post 716 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Thank you!! Yea.. I literally just checked my other copy and it looks the same. So either both have been trimmed or both are made that way

It's tough to tell if a top or bottom edge has been trimmed sometimes! Folks say to look at the colour of the pages at the very edge and if it's trimmed it'll be noticeably whiter, but that only works if your book doesn't have white or off-white pages to begin with.
Post 717 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Never watched cuckoo nest. I hear it had a great ECT depiction tbough....

One of my favorite scenes is when the nurses have all gone home, Jack bribes the orderly Scatman Crothers to let a couple of women come into the building for a little party, and when most everyone else is asleep, they flip the lights on & off and Jack's girlfriend (who is drunk) starts singing over the loud speaker "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" And Jack says "Medication Time"... too funny...

Post 718 IP   flag post
Such a great movie, and an amazing performance from Jack Nicholson.
Post 719 IP   flag post
Chief casually walking up and down the court and dunking baskets better than MJ - classic
Post 720 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Earlier in the movie when McMurphy walked like a zombie to mess with everyone then he ended up actually being lobotomized was rough.
Post 721 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Chief was the "silent" star.
His best move was at the end of the movie when he pulls the sink out of the floor and throws it throught the window and escapes that nut house....

Post 722 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone attempted to count their books in their collection. I use to have thousands then sold them down to 350 plus including slabs.
That was 8 years ago and I have my books disorganized as I quickly put them away for renovations a couple of months ago.

So pulled out the non slab books that are not on spinner racks to organize and group and actually count.

Post 723 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross some great books there!!!
Post 724 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@southerncross some great books there!!!
thanks.

My wife is still in Hawaii with the mother in-law so I'm thinking this is the best time to pull this stuff out of drawers and really organize it. Make a mess and get it back in drawers while it's just me at home. They are cool books though my best stuff I think are in slabs.

Left them in drawers as they are organized already and easy to count.
Post 725 IP   flag post
@southerncross
I'm seeing some amazing books! WOW!!
Post 726 IP   flag post
So all up 1113 comic books including slabs. 👍
Post 727 IP   flag post
@southerncross I haven't counted, but a close guestimate would be between 8,500 - 9,000 +/-
Post 728 IP   flag post
I have nearly 10,000 books catalogued and at least that many more that I haven't got to yet.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
9210 in excel but I have a stack on my desk that are read and a stack waiting to read that are not entered yet

I need to sell off and get to maybe 2,000?? - so many I just don't care about - maybe call one of those bulk buyers once I figure what I want to keep
Post 730 IP   flag post
600864 999 30