Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Yes. I submitted for 9.8 pre-screen on a bunch of Spider-man 2099 copies. About 30 failed. Resubmitted and half got 9.4 due to i think foxing. The others got 9.8. Still have about 10 copies upgraded. But rejected from original pre screen.
Post 676 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I’d much rather spend the small amount, then they admit it cannot be “fixed”, than they make an attempt and butcher it.

The process and pricing makes sense.
Post 677 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I accepted an offer from this ebay user today. They have some interesting responses to negative feedback received.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/azsurvivalist

What are the chances this transaction goes smoothly?
Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That's rough to say the least. Looking at the odds you won't have to contact them though.

Edit: @EbayMafia gots a guy that'll do the durty work.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Post 680 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
That's rough to say the least. Looking at the odds you won't have to contact them though.

I'll hit him up if the CCS doesn't go well.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I accepted an offer from this ebay user today. They have some interesting responses to negative feedback received.

WOW, that dude's response was Out Of Line. How much you wanna bet dude uses that kind of language here and he gets a permanent suspension.
Post 682 IP   flag post
... I stopped myself from saying A Thing...
Post 683 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

I'll hit him up if the CCS doesn't go well.
I was leaning more towards the Mafia and hitmen.

Edit: and Ebay
Post 684 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

GLWTS!...soyboy.
Post 685 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Unfortunately I am limited to "hacking feedback", if I remember correctly.
Post 686 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Unfortunately I am limited to "hacking feedback", if I remember correctly.

Your specialty.
Post 687 IP   flag post
Ratio of 3:1 in favor of those buying fewer comics this year vs more comics.

Interesting observation is the ones buying fewer comics are clearly not cheapskates, because they gave me more votes (per user) in the poll. I used the # of members voting to calc the ratio, not the actual votes.

So what is driving this 3:1 ratio despite lower prices?
Post 688 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Have sales slowed down drastically or are my books just drek? I've also had two cancelled orders at MCS after accepting an offer in the last month.
Post 689 IP   flag post
Wayne enterprises apparel and other expensive items....

https://uncrate.com/brand/wayne-enterprises/
Post 690 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Wayne enterprises apparel and other expensive items....

https://uncrate.com/brand/wayne-enterprises/

Those prices are crazy.
Post 691 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
What a joke...
Post 692 IP   flag post
I'd be interested in the Bat-Moisturiser and the Bat-Deodorant, but they'd have to price them more reasonably and I would need proof that either Bruce Wayne or Batman uses them during day-to-day activities. Any deodorant that can un-stink the Batman given his usual workout routine has got to be sufficient for wussy little me.
Post 693 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I'd be interested in the Bat-Moisturiser and the Bat-Deodorant, but they'd have to price them more reasonably and I would need proof that either Bruce Wayne or Batman uses them during day-to-day activities. Any deodorant that can un-stink the Batman given his usual workout routine has got to be sufficient for wussy little me.

Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Ratio of 3:1 in favor of those buying fewer comics this year vs more comics…

So what is driving this 3:1 ratio despite lower prices?

Hmmm, I can think of a certain something but…

Post 695 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I was just thinking the other day that there really wasn't a good $2,000 watch winder option out there.

Post 696 IP   flag post
Is Alfred becoming obsolete?
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
No he stills seems as fit as usual. The suits don't look like they are getting too tight. I mean he is getting up in age but taking care of Bruce and the brats (I mean bats...both animal and human) seem to give him a good work out.

Oh wait you meant that differently....
Post 698 IP   flag post
@WMorse

I read Alfred is back. Back from the dead that is. So watch winder is no longer needed. But does duck Grayson inheritance go back to Alfred?
Post 699 IP   flag post
The $2,000-$5,000 watch winder segment is a crowded one.

While still in the lower end of the range, I prefer this. With custom bullet proof faceplate, of course.

https://panatime.com/milano-12-carbon-fiber/?sku=MILANO-12-CARBON-PG&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsrWZBhC4ARIsAGGUJupa6pH0fwVxf1iKhr63ELK0BkL5dgrqSd1z1LmsRNi-9-r83BhfAvoaAgH1EALw_wcB
Post 700 IP   flag post
What will the final bid be?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/964166

Post 701 IP   flag post
I dint know but a 20% buyers premium seems steep to me
Post 702 IP   flag post
Seller of that Xmen 1 lost a lot of $$$ on that sale…
Post 703 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave did they? What should it have sold for?

Edit: I see what you mean after looking through the sold listings. I don't know if comic connect charges a additional seller's fee when the premium is that high but it looks like it was purchased for $807,300 last year and sold for less than $730,000 today, before the 20% buyer's premium was added.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave did they? What should it have sold for?

They paid more than $800k about a year ago. Plus tax.

Sold for $870 but seller gets $725.

My guess is they lost between $130-$150k…

Normally I’d say it should be pocket change for someone buying a book in that range but selling now… not sure…
Post 705 IP   flag post
601274 999 30