Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
There is a saying, I forget how it goes exactly but it's like you never miss what you never had.

If you've never had steak, hamburger will suffice....

Right on. still I agree Quote:
Thank God for AC.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67
Gorgeous copy of that Thor! I always forget there were Simonson Thor books that were pre-Simonson Thor.
Post 502 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Grrrr. Apparently it's so hot you can have your windshield crack from the heat in Florida. Turning on the ac caused a second crack.
Post 503 IP   flag post
Quote:
Grrrr. Apparently it's so hot you can have your windshield crack from the heat in Florida. Turning on the ac caused a second crack.

Call safe lite. They will fix it for free and handle the insurance for you. That's all they do....
Post 504 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

You were right painless. But I have to wait a week before they get to it.
Post 505 IP   flag post

Quote:

DAYUM! You win! I'm definitely a little warmer than I like here, but I'm not even close to that.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Your in California right?
With wildfires and blackouts due to lack of electricity I'll take just the heat end humidity any day....
Post 507 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
With wildfires and blackouts due to lack of electricity I'll take just the heat end humidity any day....

I'll take California and no alligators or Florida Man.
Post 508 IP   flag post
I have no pets so alligators don't bother me and I dont run the risk of my pet getting eaten, but the Florida man comment is definitely in your favor....
Post 509 IP   flag post
@flanders Gators, snakes, Florida Man, crazy Florida tourist drivers, love bugs... We got it all here.
Post 510 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Advantage Cali:

Post 511 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@flanders Gators, snakes, Florida Man, crazy Florida tourist drivers, love bugs... We got it all here.

I've actually never even been to Florida. I'll have to visit sometime in one of the cooler months.
Post 512 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Advantage Cali:

I hope that's a shake
Post 513 IP   flag post
@WMorse Dang it @WMorse that looks so much better than the salad I'm about to have....
Post 514 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

I've actually never even been to Florida. I'll have to visit sometime in one of the cooler months.
Yeah November to February is beautiful here...
Post 515 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 and some of the limited months that aren't hurricane season.
Post 516 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Don't fool yourselves, advantage Cali on weather as well...
Post 517 IP   flag post
Quote:

For the most part, but certainly not right now..I don't even know how to interpret how it feels like 131 degrees. This is from the radar about half a mile from my house.

Post 518 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

For the most part, but certainly not right now..I don't even know how to interpret how it feels like 131 degrees. This is from the radar about half a mile from my house.

How about the other 11 months?
Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
How about the other 11 months?

Those have been just fine. And despite the last 6 days, this has been the coolest summer I can remember.
Post 520 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I love the north.....
Post 521 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
As a neutral party who visited Florida by car trip (24hr drive!) many times on cheap vacations and Cali through marriage, here’s the score:

1) Beaches - Florida
2) Price / cost - Florida
3) Disney - Florida
4) Weather - California
5) Driving roads - California
6) Drivers - Florida*
7) Scenery (quotes or not) - California
8) Food - California
9) Natural disasters - Tie*

* Choosing between these are like choosing your favorite STD
Post 522 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Advantage Cali:

I don't know man. Hardee's/Carl's Jr for me.
Post 523 IP   flag post

Post 524 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's what's up!
Post 525 IP   flag post
Quote:

I am in SoCal, and I've definitely had experience with fires over the years. Lost my first car to the Painted Cave Fire (I was driving it at the time - no NASCAR driver on Earth could have beaten me that day) and thanks to the Thomas Fire a few years ago I lost a tree in my backyard. My daddy (RIP) planted that tree so it was sad to see it go.

Also special was the mudslide debacle in Montecito in 2018 that followed the Thomas Fire. I live in a small town on an elevated area just east of Montecito. Everyone in town was trapped in their houses for two weeks thanks to massive debris flows blocking all means of ingress/egress. I have never been more grateful for my landline because I was one of the only people able to contact the outside world for days. The mudslides had taken out every relay tower for miles around, but landlines were still live.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Quote:
Advantage Cali:

Durn straight!!!
Post 527 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah November to February is beautiful here...

That would be my ideal time to visit there. Maybe someday...
Post 528 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Advantage Cali:

I don't know man. Hardee's/Carl's Jr for me.

I'm guessing you've never tried In-N-Out.

FYI, My favorite Jalpeno burger is Carl's Jr's Jalapeno burger.

LOL
Post 529 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
As a neutral party who visited Florida by car trip (24hr drive!) many times on cheap vacations and Cali through marriage, here’s the score:

1) Beaches - Florida
2) Price / cost - Florida
3) Disney - Florida
4) Weather - California
5) Driving roads - California
6) Drivers - Florida*
7) Scenery (quotes or not) - California
8) Food - California
9) Natural disasters - Tie*

* Choosing between these are like choosing your favorite STD

I'm having a tough time arguing with most of that, though I will say that as long as you get away from the heavy traffic areas (i.e. L.A. and the Bay Area) our drivers tend to really know what they're doing. Just don't ask us SoCal folks to drive in the snow, and I suspect Florida drivers have a similar problem.
Post 530 IP   flag post
611385 999 30