Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
In this day and age of homage covers galore, has anyone seen a "sea monkeys" ad homage?

I would buy that in a heartbeat and I don't even have much interest in modern books.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
when did they stop beating the left handedness out of those devils?

Will they bring the practice back??...please??!!
Post 477 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've decided on an April fools joke for next year....will have to be the Tuesday closest though.

We have recycle pickup every week and recycle with waste every other...If I put out wrong combo the night before...how many neighbors do you think will copy me??....you know you do it...you check what the neighbor put out too!
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I pay absolutely no attention to any of my neighbor's garbage.
Post 479 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I pay absolutely no attention to any of my neighbor's garbage.

CBCS Forum quote of the day.
Post 480 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I'm lazy but even I know the recycle and garbage days. Who even has timecto pay attention to others garbage except to say that idiot needs to put his can away
Post 481 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Ethics question. I just got back 4 copies of a book from cgc. Upon closer examination I dont see the error listed in the graders notes. A part of me wants to resubmit the lowest grade an 8.0 and see what happens. I know that they mix up labels and had them screw up every label in my entire submission once.

The question I have is, is it my obligation to find the defective book? I a NOT a grader by any means. And looking at the 4 copies the 9.8 does look the best. But the 8.0 looks better than the 2 9.6. Copies. If I'm right one of the 9.6 books is an 8.0 but I can't tell which one it is.

What should I do? At some point I will need to sell the books.....

Since I can't trust my own grading do I need to disclose that information to potential future buyers? What do I say?

Hi. I'm incompetent and depend on a 3rd party gradung for a reason. If you buy this book you may or may not be getting what you paid for? Since there are 4 books the process of eliminating the bad book is not obvious to me....

Suggestions?
Post 482 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I would resubmit the 8.0. It looks nice...
Post 483 IP   flag post
Send photos to CGC. Let them figure it out so you don't wind up having to ship your books around for nothing.

I've had a book mis-graded and books mis-labeled. They did fix everything for me.
Post 484 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Only thing I'm afraid of is them damaging the books when cracking open slabs and then ending up with 2 8.0s vs 1.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

Only thing I'm afraid of is them damaging the books when cracking open slabs and then ending up with 2 8.0s vs 1.

I don't think I've ever had a problem with them cracking open their own slabs. It's when they crack a CBCS slab that I get nervous. I've had several slabbed books sent in for signings, and the only one that I think may have been damaged from being opened was one from CBCS.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Brother looked at the books and he has a much better eye for grading. He said the 8.0 is definitely the worst of the 4 but doesn't see the crease they are talking about front or back cover. I'm going to just send this one book in and see what they say. Worse comes to worse I waste 30 bux. But the gain potential is too high to overlook. My brother said a 9.2 is as low as it should go and that is if you are super damn picky. He said the 9.6 books have same problem so an 8.0 is unrealistic.
Post 487 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Some creases, especially non-color breakers, can only be seen at certain angles and can be hidden by the cases and inner well.
Post 488 IP   flag post
@Bronte
Did you have the book pressed? If not, 'light creases' may benefit from a press.
Post 489 IP   flag post
Yes. They were pressed and then sent to cgc. The thing that's really weird is that the presser saw other copies of the same book that wouldn't make a 9.0 cut so he is returning them to me. If this book was sub 9.0 why wouldn't he have sent this back too instead of sending it to be graded? The presser is highly regarded so it isn't like some shmoo down the street who didnt have a clue....
Post 490 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes. They were pressed and then sent to cgc. The thing that's really weird is that the presser saw other copies of the same book that wouldn't make a 9.0 cut so he is returning them to me. If this book was sub 9.0 why wouldn't he have sent this back too instead of sending it to be graded? The presser is highly regarded so it isn't like some shmoo down the street who didnt have a clue....

That really does sound off. Pressers are pretty good with ballparking a book's condition and the grader's notes don't call out an interior defect.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

CGC modern grading is really more and more a lottery ticket these day. Their TAT has been reduced to 2 weeks but they have added so many graders so their grading is so inconsistent. It really depends on who will grade your books. I have boxes with mainly 9.8s coming back and boxes with not a single 9.8 from similar lots. For modern CGC really need to apply pre-grading these days.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

CGC modern grading is really more and more a lottery ticket these day. Their TAT has been reduced to 2 weeks but they have added so many graders so their grading is so inconsistent. It really depends on who will grade your books. I have boxes with mainly 9.8s coming back and boxes with not a single 9.8 from similar lots. For modern CGC really need to apply pre-grading these days.

I have to agree. I've been really surprised by how inconsistent the grading is. It's nice that the TATs are in a reasonable place now, but it looks like maybe they sacrificed some things they should have kept in order to get there.
Post 493 IP   flag post
As mentioned I can't grade so I don't know if these are worthy, but I was glad to get them back. I guess I did win the lotto in a way.... lol

Post 494 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The question I have is, is it my obligation to find the defective book? I a NOT a grader by any means. And looking at the 4 copies the 9.8 does look the best. But the 8.0 looks better than the 2 9.6. Copies. If I'm right one of the 9.6 books is an 8.0 but I can't tell which one it is.

What should I do? At some point I will need to sell the books.....

Since I can't trust my own grading do I need to disclose that information to potential future buyers? What do I say?

Nope. If you believe this book was graded too low, try again. Without specific detail information, you have no moral obligation to assume that one of the other books was graded too high. That's a possible theory, but it's not a given simply based on the fact that this book was graded too low.
Post 495 IP   flag post
@Bronte Checking the national weather and man it's a blazin' out there.
Nationwide it is smokin'.

I mean....

Post 496 IP   flag post
Impossible to be funnier than Robin Williams at his best! RIP, dude.
Post 497 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67

Thank God for AC.
I don't know how I'd survive without it
Post 498 IP   flag post
@Bronte Good thing we didn't live through the 1800's eh?
Did they even have ice back then? What a rough way to live...

@Byrdibyrd what's up girlfriend...
I sold one of those Western Penn books this morning so I have a little shopping money.
On the hunt. lol....

Sold for 200.00 + shipping...

Post 499 IP   flag post
There is a saying, I forget how it goes exactly but it's like you never miss what you never had.

If you've never had steak, hamburger will suffice....
Post 500 IP   flag post
Quote:
There is a saying, I forget how it goes exactly but it's like you never miss what you never had.

If you've never had steak, hamburger will suffice....

Right on. still I agree Quote:
Thank God for AC.
Post 501 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
Gorgeous copy of that Thor! I always forget there were Simonson Thor books that were pre-Simonson Thor.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Grrrr. Apparently it's so hot you can have your windshield crack from the heat in Florida. Turning on the ac caused a second crack.
Post 503 IP   flag post
Quote:
Grrrr. Apparently it's so hot you can have your windshield crack from the heat in Florida. Turning on the ac caused a second crack.

Call safe lite. They will fix it for free and handle the insurance for you. That's all they do....
Post 504 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67

You were right painless. But I have to wait a week before they get to it.
Post 505 IP   flag post
601512 999 30