Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I was explaining my logic to my brother. He said he never thought about how they have no AC in their vehicles and are trapped with vehicle exhaust all day. till I mentioned it to him. He says he offers now too. So sometimes a little reminder that we are all human can go a long way....
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
FedEx is better than UPS in my neck of the woods. Our regular UPS driver is a little quirky, to say the least.

FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.


YES, like this exactly. Any carrier has its risks, and some more than others, but this idea that we, as customers, need to be denied our options just because 'someone' thinks they know better (If the sole option for parcel delivery is FedEx, 'someone' does NOT know better) is absurd. We're not little kids and we don't need to be looked after. Let us make our own choices and our own mistakes.

Continue to offer FedEx for people who prefer it but give the rest of us other options!
Post 453 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.


YES, like this exactly. Any carrier has its risks, and some more than others, but this idea that we, as customers, need to be denied our options just because 'someone' thinks they know better (If the sole option for parcel delivery is FedEx, 'someone' does NOT know better) is absurd. We're not little kids and we don't need to be looked after. Let us make our own choices and our own mistakes.

Continue to offer FedEx for people who prefer it but give the rest of us other options!


won't happen - they probably get a better rate by having a 'preferred' supplier and due to that are not allowed to offer alternatives. Best we could hope for is when the contract is reviewed/renewed they open it up to others to see if they can offer something better then go with them...for us to then complain about that carrier!!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.


YES, like this exactly. Any carrier has its risks, and some more than others, but this idea that we, as customers, need to be denied our options just because 'someone' thinks they know better (If the sole option for parcel delivery is FedEx, 'someone' does NOT know better) is absurd. We're not little kids and we don't need to be looked after. Let us make our own choices and our own mistakes.

Continue to offer FedEx for people who prefer it but give the rest of us other options!




won't happen - they probably get a better rate by having a 'preferred' supplier and due to that are not allowed to offer alternatives. Best we could hope for is when the contract is reviewed/renewed they open it up to others to see if they can offer something better then go with them...for us to then complain about that carrier!!


If CBCS does have preferential charges they are not passing it onto the customer.
Post 455 IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt that a review of shipping options is something that CBCS will be putting on the "to do" list for the coming year. Nor is it something that should be on that list.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I doubt that a review of shipping options is something that CBCS will be putting on the "to do" list for the coming year. Nor is it something that should be on that list.
Oh, I too believe that it is of no interest to CBCS, nor would I expect it to be.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Not defending USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx here. The leave without signature option came into effect during the COVID epidemic with the "no contact" clause. My recent FedEx's have called the day before, automated, to inform me of the delivery and need for someone over eighteen for signature. I live just outside a major Eastern US city (12 miles) so I am not a remote route. I cannot account for any issues people have except to say many drivers as pointed out earlier are contractors not actual employees. They are not making the money they need to pay their employees due to rising fuel costs, insurance, etc. Even USPS uses contractors. As does Walmart and Amazon. This saves them on costs but they never pass on to the contractors a portion of that profit. My mail (remember I only live 12 miles from a major city) sometimes does not get delivered every day even though I get the notifications by email of what I am receiving each day. Also all the companies are dealing with driver shortages. They also want maximum profit so pay is something the drivers get shorted on. No excuses here. Dumping in a nearby river bed, delivering to wrong addresses clearly marked on the box or envelope, etc. The blame goes everywhere. I watch drivers chuck boxes marked fragile onto porches all day. They have monitors on delivery times but come on.
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
Not defending USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx here. The leave without signature option came into effect during the COVID epidemic with the "no contact" clause. My recent FedEx's have called the day before, automated, to inform me of the delivery and need for someone over eighteen for signature. I live just outside a major Eastern US city (12 miles) so I am not a remote route. I cannot account for any issues people have except to say many drivers as pointed out earlier are contractors not actual employees. They are not making the money they need to pay their employees due to rising fuel costs, insurance, etc. Even USPS uses contractors. As does Walmart and Amazon. This saves them on costs but they never pass on to the contractors a portion of that profit. My mail (remember I only live 12 miles from a major city) sometimes does not get delivered every day even though I get the notifications by email of what I am receiving each day. Also all the companies are dealing with driver shortages. They also want maximum profit so pay is something the drivers get shorted on. No excuses here. Dumping in a nearby river bed, delivering to wrong addresses clearly marked on the box or envelope, etc. The blame goes everywhere. I watch drivers chuck boxes marked fragile onto porches all day. They have monitors on delivery times but come on.


Perhaps it is a regional thing. The "signing" aspect was but one of the service lapses the I have experienced--and is echoed much locally. Delivering to an old address that was changed 6 months prior to and confirmed by FedEx HQ; boxes being returned to sender as "undeliverable as addressed" when the same/unchanged address was used; leaving an attempted delivery slip with "third attempt, please call #" with NO prior attempts made; Having to drive 70 miles to intercept "returns", all as an example.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@RRO
My favourite FedEx stunt (aside from hucking a parcel into my backyard and driving off) is when I try to get them to 'hold at location' because they have such trouble finding my house. I try to re-route the parcel to a FedEx store, and I get a 'delivery options are unavailable' message. I'd try for the chat option, but FedEx doesn't have humans on chat and there's no way that I can get my parcel re-routed via chat. It just tells me to do the same thing that got me the 'delivery options are unavailable' message. My only recourse is to call the CS number and see if whoever eventually picks up the phone in whatever country they live can speak enough English to get this done for me. It SUCKS. I have even gone to a FedEx Store and requested that they re-route the parcel (I have the tracking #) to their store, and they say I have to do it through CS.

FedEx SUCKS.
Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a question, but didn't want to start a new thread. I purchased some comics via online live sale in april. Paid in early May (like 3 days later). By late May i reached out about not having received the books and was told they had more pressing matters (which they absolutely did) and would get back to me soon....I gave it another month out of respect for their personal issue. I reached out again and they said they'd look into it. Eventually they said they had no information on the package, couldn't even say they have mailed it, but also couldn't locate the books and asked if I wanted a refund. I said of course....weeks go by and I become rather insistant that they refund me or I'm going to open a fraud ticket with my bank. They refunded me.

Fast forward to today. I received the package. At the my job. They addressed the package to MY USER NAME. which is the same as on this forum and shipped it to my place of employement which has a massive receiving department. It apparently arrived on May 16th and they had no idea who the crap etapi65 was, so it sat in receiving until yesterday when one of my coworkers was over there picking up an order and thought they recognized the user name (which I use across more than one platform). They opened it, saw comics and were like "yeah, definitely his". So I refunded my refund back to the person I bought this stuff from and I feel a little bad for being short with them regarding not receiving my package.

BUT, who the hell sends a package to someone's work address (I provided my actual name and mailing address, but my work address is in my e-mail signature) and addresses it to an online user name?
Post 461 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I hate to beat a dead horse but..... that’s the second package of books shipped to a rando address I’ve heard about in the last week. I’d say we’ve learned that doesn’t work well.
Post 462 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65

I used to send all my packages to work. That way someone signed for it. Versus not sure if someone was home. I think I accidentally put my user name on tbe package once but tbere are only two comic guys in tbe building when I worked and the other guy was of high moral caliber
Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@etapi65

I used to send all my packages to work. That way someone signed for it. Versus not sure if someone was home. I think I accidentally put my user name on tbe package once but tbere are only two comic guys in tbe building when I worked and the other guy was of high moral caliber


There are over 12,000 people receiving mail at my work. Hundreds (minimum) of packages a day being moved around more than 40, unconnected buildings. Nothing is shipped to a physical address that isn't central receiving. My personal "mailbox" includes 52 people that could receive mail at that "box" from central receiving, only able to be discerned by name.

Edit: Oh, and to make things even worse, my building was torn down the day this was received; I had to move offices the prior week due to new construction. It showed up in my new box today and had a post-it note on it saying "This has to be for *name*".
Post 464 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65
That is nuts! What a Charlie Foxtrot. I'm glad you got your books, and the seller has no one to blame but themselves for having to shell out a refund initially. Not bothering to use the address specifically provided for mailing is a bonehead move.
Post 465 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65

Wow. That's a shit ton of folks. I'd hate to be IT fir that building
Post 466 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I sent a book for the dini signing at cgc.i asked for a remarque as well and paid for pressing.

I just got a credit card hit for pressing. I'm thinking they pressed before they got it signed which to me is ass backward. Am I wrong?
Post 467 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So I sent a book for the dini signing at cgc.i asked for a remarque as well and paid for pressing.

I just got a credit card hit for pressing. I'm thinking they pressed before they got it signed which to me is ass backward. Am I wrong?

I'm thinking the CC will get hit before anything happens.
Post 468 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I'm thinking they pressed before they got it signed which to me is ass backward. Am I wrong?

You ain't wrong. I don't like it either. In fact, I only found out that's how they do it a while ago. Bit of a surprise.
Post 469 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder

It would be one thing if they hit the card fir the signing and remark. Or even tbe whole bill. But they just did the 20 bux pressing.

Considering a guy who is not an artist is going to be drawing on the book, I'd have preferred pressing after he was done with it rather than prior.
Post 470 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

Huge surprise. The book was a 9.8 we shall see how it comes back.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Wrt couriers it is really dependent on where you live. I used to use DHL/Fedex - DHL changed the driver and the new driver on my route is not up to standard (leave messages not home when I am home etc). Now I solely use Fedex (if I can) where I know the driver and he knows me. If I am not home - he knows where to put packages and send me a whatsapp. UPS is absolute bottom of the list here
Post 472 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

Huge surprise. The book was a 9.8 we shall see how it comes back.

I've had some come back a nice grade (9.8), too. I'd still like to see the press come after the book gets 'handled' rather than before.
Post 473 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Pre_Coder

It would be one thing if they hit the card fir the signing and remark. Or even tbe whole bill. But they just did the 20 bux pressing.

Considering a guy who is not an artist is going to be drawing on the book, I'd have preferred pressing after he was done with it rather than prior.

As anybody would.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
In this day and age of homage covers galore, has anyone seen a "sea monkeys" ad homage?


Post 475 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
In this day and age of homage covers galore, has anyone seen a "sea monkeys" ad homage?

I would buy that in a heartbeat and I don't even have much interest in modern books.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
when did they stop beating the left handedness out of those devils?

Will they bring the practice back??...please??!!
Post 477 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've decided on an April fools joke for next year....will have to be the Tuesday closest though.

We have recycle pickup every week and recycle with waste every other...If I put out wrong combo the night before...how many neighbors do you think will copy me??....you know you do it...you check what the neighbor put out too!
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I pay absolutely no attention to any of my neighbor's garbage.
Post 479 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I pay absolutely no attention to any of my neighbor's garbage.


CBCS Forum quote of the day.
Post 480 IP   flag post
545343 999 30