Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Yes, we were. We went to the moon because the Silence needed a spacesuit in order to kill the Doctor. Did you not watch Doctor Who when it was good?

well.... I don't really believe the Doctor went their either...and even if he did that would be the UK
Post 426 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics with the right equipment, the American flag can be seen on the moon. Besides Dr. Who, you must not watch "Big Bang Theory". Do we need to discuss the earth being round or flat? 😁
Post 427 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@KatKomics with the right equipment, the American flag can be seen on the moon. Besides Dr. Who, you must not watch "Big Bang Theory". Do we need to discuss the earth being round or flat? 😁

I love it when Buzz Aldrin punched that Moon Landing Hoaxer right in the chops! Hilarious!!!

here it is...

Post 428 IP   flag post
Quote:

pretty sure it's flat and resting on the backs of 4 elephants who in turn are standing on the back of a turtle who is carrying us through the cosmos...
Post 429 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics
You forgot the rabbit who lives up there, busy pounding rice into mochi.

@GAC
That meaty crunch when the punch lands... Makes my day.
Post 430 IP   flag post

FedEx b@stardos!!

They will give me a 1 time credit for the brokerage fee for returning my own comics from CBCS to me in Canada

lol...every time I call (couple times a year) I get the brokerage charge reversed - at what point if ever will they admit that this is a bogus charge??!!

Oh...someone has to bring it through customs - yeah, yeah...that's what your shipping fee is for!!

FFS..if you really want the brokerage fee just roll it into the shipping fee and be done with it.

I may have to start crossing the border again to retrieve packages - will be less shipping and no hassle with these silly FedEx 'brokerage' charges...just means going to the US (which I am reticent to do)
Post 431 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
FedEx b@stardos!!

They will give me a 1 time credit for the brokerage fee for returning my own comics from CBCS to me in Canada

lol...every time I call (couple times a year) I get the brokerage charge reversed - at what point if ever will they admit that this is a bogus charge??!!

Oh...someone has to bring it through customs - yeah, yeah...that's what your shipping fee is for!!

FFS..if you really want the brokerage fee just roll it into the shipping fee and be done with it.

I may have to start crossing the border again to retrieve packages - will be less shipping and no hassle with these silly FedEx 'brokerage' charges...just means going to the US (which I am reticent to do)

Yup...happened to me too....the first few I got reversed....the last 2 subs they refused to reverse those fees....f*@$&in' pr!cks. lol!
Post 432 IP   flag post
@KatKomics @GAC
A hate FedEx and I live here...
Post 433 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx is better than UPS in my neck of the woods. Our regular UPS driver is a little quirky, to say the least.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Quote:
FedEx is better than UPS in my neck of the woods. Our regular UPS driver is a little quirky, to say the least.

The only reason I'd take UPS over FedEx (I'm not happy with either) is that I can have UPS parcels delivered to a local UPS Store instead of my house. FedEx claims to have a similar service, but every time I try (I lie - it worked ONCE) I get the very tiresome 'unable' to use delivery options 'at this time.' Since they don't have humans responding to chat requests, my only option is to call the outsourced-to-another-country CS. Guess how well that works...
Post 435 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I always have issues with USPS but it's the convenient route unfortunately.

Currently have a package coming USPS and somehow it went from Illinois to Tennessee. 🀦 still waiting on it.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
I always have issues with USPS but it's the convenient route unfortunately.

Currently have a package coming USPS and somehow it went from Illinois to Tennessee. 🀦 still waiting on it.

I've had parcels take the scenic route, too (some have traveled the country more on their one journey from Point A to Point B than I have in my entire life), but at least they end up in my P.O. Box and not on the neighbour's deck or dumped in my back yard or disappeared into the ether.
Post 437 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
My biggest problems are with the USPS. They leaves notes such as Couldn't Complete Delivery: Mailbox Full. When did rocking chairs ever fit in a mailbox? I have to make the one hour round trip trek to go stand in line to pick up my devileries that I have already paid to have delivered to my home. I'd like to whip the piss out of them and then whip them for pissing.
Post 438 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
From personal experience FedEx are the worst. None are great.

From professional experience, I have views that I won’t share.
Post 439 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd hopefully this one makes its way here, but I've had a couple that didn't. One got shipped to Washington state somehow(I live in PA). Although that wasn't a big deal as it was refunded. Actually funny story, they sent it a second time and also refunded it somehow.

The other most notable was a secret wars 8 9.6 that I bought for 100 in 2019. It was cheap even then, and now more like a 400 dollar book. That one I still have no idea where it went - it said my post office had it, but they said they never received it. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Post 440 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
From personal experience FedEx are the worst. None are great.

From professional experience, I have views that I won’t share.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I also have professional experience with shipping lots and Lots of things (as a classified document controller, I prepared classified documents, media, and hardware for shipping) and that's part of the reason why I prefer the carriers that I prefer. I'm just not planning on relating the gory details.
Post 441 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8
Bummer about that Secret Wars 8! Did you at least get a refund or compensation of some kind?
Post 442 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd yeah it was through ebay so I got a full refund, but would have much rather gotten the book lol
Post 443 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Byrdibyrd yeah it was through ebay so I got a full refund, but would have much rather gotten the book lol

Advantage of buying through eBay is the guaranteed refund even if the seller says they don't accept them.
Post 444 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My biggest problems are with the USPS. They leaves notes such as Couldn't Complete Delivery: Mailbox Full. When did rocking chairs ever fit in a mailbox? I have to make the one hour round trip trek to go stand in line to pick up my devileries that I have already paid to have delivered to my home. I'd like to whip the piss out of them and then whip them for pissing.

Have a chat with they mail carrier who has your route.
Give him a tip every now and then.
My guy puts my books inside my screen door for me so the don't get wedged into the mailbox and or get wet like the Amazon delivery people do.

I prefer my USPS delivery guy over Fed-Ex. DHL & UPS any day....
Post 445 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't tip my carriers with money. But I do try to give them cold drinks when I have some in fridge. They are much nicer if you are nice to them too.
Post 446 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Have a chat with they mail carrier who has your route.
Give him a tip every now and then.
My guy puts my books inside my screen door for me so the don't get wedged into the mailbox and or get wet like the Amazon delivery people do.

I prefer my USPS delivery guy over Fed-Ex. DHL & UPS any day....
I had a carrier like yours for 10 years. We treated her as proper as we could. Every now and then we still run into her at a store or something and she remembers everyone of our names.
Post 447 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I prefer my USPS delivery guy over Fed-Ex. DHL

Same page, all the way.
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

are you sure about the flag? i doubt it will have survived the meteors over all these years
Post 449 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I don't tip my carriers with money. But I do try to give them cold drinks when I have some in fridge. They are much nicer if you are nice to them too.

Last year, even up until May of this year, I was on a buying spree. 3 or 4 deliveries a week.
The guy was getting a work out bringing books to my door. Much appreciated...
Well worth a few bucks, especially a week or so prior to Christmas. Gives him a BIG ol' smile...

Post 450 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I was explaining my logic to my brother. He said he never thought about how they have no AC in their vehicles and are trapped with vehicle exhaust all day. till I mentioned it to him. He says he offers now too. So sometimes a little reminder that we are all human can go a long way....
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
FedEx needs to be removed as the sole CBCS option. After years of FedEx use and splendid service it has deteriorated into an unreliable, unprofessional and overvalued service. The recent adoption of "if no one is at home the driver can sign as delivered" not only is self-serving and disrespects the recipient's rights but can and does place almost any shipment in danger of loss.

YES, like this exactly. Any carrier has its risks, and some more than others, but this idea that we, as customers, need to be denied our options just because 'someone' thinks they know better (If the sole option for parcel delivery is FedEx, 'someone' does NOT know better) is absurd. We're not little kids and we don't need to be looked after. Let us make our own choices and our own mistakes.

Continue to offer FedEx for people who prefer it but give the rest of us other options!
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

YES, like this exactly. Any carrier has its risks, and some more than others, but this idea that we, as customers, need to be denied our options just because 'someone' thinks they know better (If the sole option for parcel delivery is FedEx, 'someone' does NOT know better) is absurd. We're not little kids and we don't need to be looked after. Let us make our own choices and our own mistakes.

Continue to offer FedEx for people who prefer it but give the rest of us other options!

won't happen - they probably get a better rate by having a 'preferred' supplier and due to that are not allowed to offer alternatives. Best we could hope for is when the contract is reviewed/renewed they open it up to others to see if they can offer something better then go with them...for us to then complain about that carrier!!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

won't happen - they probably get a better rate by having a 'preferred' supplier and due to that are not allowed to offer alternatives. Best we could hope for is when the contract is reviewed/renewed they open it up to others to see if they can offer something better then go with them...for us to then complain about that carrier!!

If CBCS does have preferential charges they are not passing it onto the customer.
Post 455 IP   flag post
600839 999 30