Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Here is something interesting a new chicken big Mac os debuting in Miami soon.

I'm actually curious about this. I've had the surprisingly tasty Filet-o-Shrimp in Japan, and I understand the chicken-mac is another overseas menu item. I'd like to give it a try.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
It sounds like the store had too many carts go missing so they attempted to fix the issue.

As far as not returning the cart…

Yes, I form an opinion about people who don’t return them. It isn’t as low as the one that I hold for people that are cruel to animals, or for people that park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit to do so, but it isn’t much better either.

You and I are clearly on the same wavelength regarding this issue. I can understand some juvenile silliness but actually causing trouble for people who have done nothing to me is not to my taste. And as for abusing animals and hassling people with disabilities goes, I have no polite words for that and I'd rather not be suspended for a week.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like no "fun" for me...instead a message to my counselor to raise concerns that the cart lock may unintentionally adversely affect some more than others....not fun at all....
Post 278 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
So many other ways to have fun. I like hosting cruddy movie night for my fun. Pick a cruddy movie and have a gang of friends over to heckle it and eat pizza. That's my kind of fun!
Post 279 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I'm actually curious about this. I've had the surprisingly tasty Filet-o-Shrimp in Japan, and I understand the chicken-mac is another overseas menu item. I'd like to give it a try.

We get lobster rolls every few years (more often if you are in the right region)

Filet O Shrimp sounds good but chicken mac seems like too much!
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
This is a huge issue in FL. Between the sky high homelessness and high % of elderly people, my local Publix was losing like 20 carts/week.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Quote:

We get lobster rolls every few years (more often if you are in the right region)

Filet O Shrimp sounds good but chicken mac seems like too much!

If it's too greasy it would definitely be too much.
Post 282 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 283 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
This is a huge issue in FL. Between the sky high homelessness and high % of elderly people, my local Publix was losing like 20 carts/week.

Yeah, we had a big problem at some of the stores in my area, too. Carts being stolen and vandalised to the point where it was costing stores some serious money. You can be sure the costs for that got passed on to shoppers.
Post 284 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The chicken big Mac seens like they use the cheap chicken sandwiches. Not the premium chicken. If that's the case I cant imagine the draw. But the premium chicken would be huge and only a glutton could finish the thing off.

I dunno. Apparently this is a popular sandwich in the UK. But I'm told the UK taste buds are very bland compared to America.
Post 285 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd

Where's my invite? I love pizza
Post 286 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Oh ok. A homeless guy needs a cart? Side with the corporate Publix. Why would someone living in poverty need a cart?
Post 287 IP   flag post
@Bronte
So it's from the UK. I'll at least give it a try, but yeah, it could wind up being very 'meh.' The UK is a lovely place and a number of my ancestors came from there, but we are talking about a country that believes Domino's makes some of the best pizza.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd

Where's my invite? I love pizza

Our next movie might be Zardoz since that was brought up recently.
Post 289 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Sadly from where I live I see the homeless with the publix carts because they have all their worldly possessions in the cart. They have no car or home to store their stuff so they use carts to move their belongings.

Not saying they are right, but sometimes in dire circumstances you do questionable things. It's the people in fortunate circumstances that do questionable things that irritates me.....
Post 290 IP   flag post
So in my neighborhood, a lot of kids are buying motorcycles that are not street legal and are doing wheelies and stunts in traffic. Am I a bad person for hoping something happens to them so they don't do this stupid crap? I had a coworker whose brother did some questionable stuff and lost tbe ability to walk. I had / have zero sympathy for him. I only feel bad for his mom because she will be caretaking him until she dies.
Post 291 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
One of the best pizzas I ever had was at a Pizza Hut in London (England, not London, Ontario).
Post 292 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
One of the best pizzas I ever had was at a Pizza Hut in London (England, not London, Ontario).

Pizza Hut makes a tasty pizza. I'd go there over Domino's any day of the week.

For Cruddy Movie Night, though, we tend to go local and get Rusty's.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Quote:
Am I a bad person for hoping something happens to them so they don't do this stupid crap?

We'll be sharing a space in Purgatory for a while if that's the case.
Post 294 IP   flag post
1 in the afternoon in Australia - bet my wine maker was surprised I was still awake and checking work e-mails on our side of the world to ask him a question!! usually I expect a couple days to get an answer i.e. I send when he's asleep - he responds when I'm asleep and usually there is some back and forth so it can take a few days unless we schedule a call -glad I was checking work e-mails late to speed the process for this one!
Post 295 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Still up working a deal on a cabin. Seller was pissed the buyer accepted their counter offer. He should be kissing their ass. If it closes, he will have made $550,000 on a $335,000 investment over a period of three years.
Post 296 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Yes, I form an opinion about people who don’t return them. It isn’t as low as the one that I hold for people that are cruel to animals, or for people that park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit to do so, but it isn’t much better either.

I can't figure out if I'm a good guy or a bad guy. Yesterday I parked deep into the parking lot and the car next to me was unloading from a cart. I waited and said "since I'm going in, I will push your cart back for you". On the other hand, I don't have the same reverence for Handicap spaces that I did maybe 20-30 years ago. Qualifying for a handicap placard seems like such a gray area anymore. It seems that "disabled" ain't always what it used to be. If parking is difficult and the handicap spots are open, I've been known to duck into one for a very quick stop like a cup of coffee at 7-11. I've also been known to occasionally park in the "take-out delivery only" spots of a restaurant, when parking was tough otherwise. This did backfire on me recently when I watched the poor sweet lady from the restaurant walk out with a bag of hamburgers and try to deliver it to my empty car, coming back confused. My wife and daughter were there to witness my shame. I won't be doing that anymore.
Post 297 IP   flag post
I've never parked in a handicapped space, but I've been sorely tempted on occasion. I have always either pushed my cart back to the store or left it in a designated cart corral. I have asked for a senior discount before when I was just a teensy bit off for it, and I confess that I haven't felt all that bad. I'm sure I'll be spending an uncomfortable night in Purgatory for that one.
Post 298 IP   flag post
I have a handicap permit due to surgery on my feet and my dr wrote it for the 2 year duration vs the temporary 6 month. After walking with a cast I learned the handicap spots are sacred for those who need it. Although I am well enough now to where I dont need it, I will use it when I am driving my dad around. He has one for when he was driving, but he voluntarily gave up driving so I take him where he needs to go now. But he has a heart condition so I feel no guilt with him in the car.....
Post 299 IP   flag post
I don't need a handicap permit but I have a friend who has one. She has access issues and walks with a cane. She went for as long as she could with no permit but finally got one. Too tough to carry shopping bags and use her cane at the same time. She, and other people with issues, really do need those spaces, and not all issues are readily visible, so if I see someone who seems spry enough but has a placard, I leave it alone.
Post 300 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't need a handicap permit but I have a friend who has one. She has access issues and walks with a cane. She went for as long as she could with no permit but finally got one. Too tough to carry shopping bags and use her cane at the same time. She, and other people with issues, really do need those spaces, and not all issues are readily visible, so if I see someone who seems spry enough but has a placard, I leave it alone.

Unfortunately many people take advantage of the -not all handicaps are readily visible- reality and abuse placards all the time.

I still refuse to use handicapped spaces, even when driving some of my nicer cars and being forced to park them out of sight in a lot far, far away*. There were also extended periods where I had pretty severe knee pain/issues due to injury. I should have requested one for myself but never did.

I also return shopping carts but usually only my own. Not picking up after others. I’ll say I prefer someone dumping the cart near shrubbery over the jack-holes who will leave their cart beside other cars. Free to roll and ding doors/damage property (well, not if a wheel is locked lol). Jack-holes.

Odd segue but is there inverse correlation between following distance while driving and IQ? There must be. For those here who tailgate, can you explain your rationale?

* As many car enthusiasts can attest, intentionally parking in an empty/distant part of the lot makes sense. But there is a hierarchy of preference depending on circumstance. Sort of like comic handling/slabbing/storage.
Post 301 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave
I kind of tailgate. My reason is that I HATE people who just glide in at the last minute without turn signal and make me brake really hard to avoid accident.

People in Florida are down right rude when driving. If you see signs that the lane is closing you move over as soon as you see the signs. You don't use the empty lane as a means to skip folks and squeeze in at the last minute.
Post 302 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Davethebrave
I kind of tailgate. My reason is that I HATE people who just glide in at the last minute without turn signal and make me brake really hard to avoid accident.

People in Florida are down right rude when driving. If you see signs that the lane is closing you move over as soon as you see the signs. You don't use the empty lane as a means to skip folks and squeeze in at the last minute.

...and don't even think about using your turn signal to telegraph an intent to change lanes! Unless of course you feel like participating in a reinactment of the chariot race in Ben-Hur...

Post 303 IP   flag post
@WMorse

I try and get in needed lane way early so I dont have that problem. I also leave really early for appointments so I have plenty of time to get where I need to be without being late.

I'm so early that one time my dentist called me 30 minutes before appointment to ask where I was. I told her I was in parking lot taking a phone call and would be right in.
Post 304 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@WMorse

I try and get in needed lane way early so I dont have that problem. I also leave really early for appointments so I have plenty of time to get where I need to be without being late.

I'm so early that one time my dentist called me 30 minutes before appointment to ask where I was. I told her I was in parking lot taking a phone call and would be right in.

Only way to roll...
Post 305 IP   flag post
597868 999 30