Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 part 218057

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics
There may be a level of adorableness where the chipmunk ticks all the boxes and the squirrel comes up short.
Post 251 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

The Savagery! Henceforth we shall call Conan the Destroyer! By Crom!
Post 253 IP   flag post
And yet the adorableness remains as Sir Chips brutalises the interloper! 'Get thee hence, feathered stealer of seeds!!'
Post 254 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What am I seeing here? Is this Chipmunk eating another animal?!
Post 255 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

And After that gets answered, WTF did @WMorse post a picture of?
Post 256 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

And After that gets answered, WTF did @WMorse post a picture of?

lol!! I'm glad you asked because I was afraid to.
Post 257 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

A bird, yes. Not just carrion either…
Post 258 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

A bird, yes. Not just carrion either…

Crazy!!! I thought chipmunks were vegetarians!
Post 259 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Vermin. And birds aren't real.
Post 260 IP   flag post
Where can I get that sweet HellBlazer figure?
Post 261 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad
Amazon is prolly your best bet.

Check this out on Amazon
McFarlane Toys - DC Direct 7IN Figure with Comic - Black ADAM WV1 - John Constantine, Multicolor https://a.co/gnFEwsD
Post 262 IP   flag post
done deal. Thanks amigo.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
@Paulbg2000 there's also 'slab only'. I don't think it's described much or at all on the website but it's an option when you create an order.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't see that option on the online order form.

Maybe there's some difference if you're going through the Canada site? I thought maybe you had to put in a signature first but no, the option comes up after I put in the comic info

Awesome!!! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Let the fun begin!!

Local grocery store changed carts to the type where a wheel locks when you cross a barrier.

Test #1 cross the barrier!! Only 1 wheel locks no biggie...pushed it to my car then hid it behind a shrub!! (I park far to get extra steps!)

Future tests....can I unlock it with a powerful magnet?....can i cross over the flowerbed? (doesn't appear to be a barrier there)

Fun to be old and mischievous!!
Post 265 IP   flag post
I’m totally jealous. Sounds like fun!

Edit: when I’m forced to go to the grocery I throw BS into the cart. The more off the wall it is the better. Then, you wait for the boss to find them!
Post 266 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So. Let me understand this. You park far so you get extra exercise, but you don't push tbe cart back to the cart bin because your too lazy? Meanwhile the kid who has to fetch the cart has to deal with a wheel locked and dragging it across parking lot?
Post 267 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Let the fun begin!!

Local grocery store changed carts to the type where a wheel locks when you cross a barrier.

Test #1 cross the barrier!! Only 1 wheel locks no biggie...pushed it to my car then hid it behind a shrub!! (I park far to get extra steps!)

Future tests....can I unlock it with a powerful magnet?....can i cross over the flowerbed? (doesn't appear to be a barrier there)

Fun to be old and mischievous!!

I think you passed old and mischievous and landed square in dick territory.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Here's how it works without subjecting the cart gatherers to your "fun"

Post 269 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So. Let me understand this. You park far so you get extra exercise, but you don't push tbe cart back to the cart bin because your too lazy? Meanwhile the kid who has to fetch the cart has to deal with a wheel locked and dragging it across parking lot?

Normally I do return it to the cart house? whatever that area is. This time no! We are a smallish town so 100% in dick mode...but to counter their dickishness for putting it on to begin with

Its only like 10 feet outside the "approved" area...guess I'll have to park closer in the future? still in the parking lot just not in approved zone of the parking lot
Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Normally I do return it to the cart house? whatever that area is. This time no! We are a smallish town so 100% in dick mode...but to counter their dickishness for putting it on to begin with

Its only like 10 feet outside the "approved" area...guess I'll have to park closer in the future? still in the parking lot just not in approved zone of the parking lot
seriously, who has locking carts? If they do they have the tech to unlock them.
Post 271 IP   flag post
It was my understanding that a cart is about a 100-150$ item that if it gets stolen raises prices on food costs in your store. If people didn't steal they wouldn't need locks.

I don't think it was a malicious attempt to piss off the customers. More a preventive measure to try and save money.

Regardless, your opinion is your opinion, so I'll leave it there.

So....

Here is something interesting a new chicken big Mac os debuting in Miami soon.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/mcdonalds-finally-brings-hit-twist-on-classic-big-mac-to-the-us/
Post 272 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

The tech is a buried cable carrying a current. So yes the tech exists but I doubt they will arm the kids with a electric current generator to unlock the carts.

As for why have locks on carts, the same question can be asked about houses. There is always some idiot that wants what someone else has and is willing to do what it takes to acquire that item.

By the way if it is only one wheel that is affected by the lock, apparently if you lift the wheel high enough you can circumvent the security. However if it is on opposite corners you gotta be strong enough to lift the entire cart over the wire
Post 273 IP   flag post
@Bronte. Wow $100 to $150 per cart!! Can't be can it?? maybe retail but actual cost is half that or less?

Seems like a punishment for lower income and old folks in town. One of the few apartment buildings in town is on the far side of this lot with another 2 stores between...the only people I've seen remove carts are old people taking them to their appartments...probably because they couldn't carry the stuff otherwise....makes me want to be more of a dick!

I suppose they could always get their own carts...but that may not always be an option for all, I know our food bank is always needing donations and volunteers as does our town benevolent fund (why I donate and shop for 2nd hand good there over other places)
Post 274 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like the store had too many carts go missing so they attempted to fix the issue.

As far as not returning the cart…

Yes, I form an opinion about people who don’t return them. It isn’t as low as the one that I hold for people that are cruel to animals, or for people that park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit to do so, but it isn’t much better either.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm actually curious about this. I've had the surprisingly tasty Filet-o-Shrimp in Japan, and I understand the chicken-mac is another overseas menu item. I'd like to give it a try.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
It sounds like the store had too many carts go missing so they attempted to fix the issue.

As far as not returning the cart…

Yes, I form an opinion about people who don’t return them. It isn’t as low as the one that I hold for people that are cruel to animals, or for people that park in handicapped parking spaces without a permit to do so, but it isn’t much better either.

You and I are clearly on the same wavelength regarding this issue. I can understand some juvenile silliness but actually causing trouble for people who have done nothing to me is not to my taste. And as for abusing animals and hassling people with disabilities goes, I have no polite words for that and I'd rather not be suspended for a week.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Looks like no "fun" for me...instead a message to my counselor to raise concerns that the cart lock may unintentionally adversely affect some more than others....not fun at all....
Post 278 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
So many other ways to have fun. I like hosting cruddy movie night for my fun. Pick a cruddy movie and have a gang of friends over to heckle it and eat pizza. That's my kind of fun!
Post 279 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I'm actually curious about this. I've had the surprisingly tasty Filet-o-Shrimp in Japan, and I understand the chicken-mac is another overseas menu item. I'd like to give it a try.

We get lobster rolls every few years (more often if you are in the right region)

Filet O Shrimp sounds good but chicken mac seems like too much!
Post 280 IP   flag post
600884 999 30