CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Full She-Hulk trailer is out.18052

Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/QSMovRsYsf4

Can't get it it to embed.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like the CGI has improved SOME, but her next to the hulk CGI, it is still almost night and day different... at least to my eye.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999
I feel like the CGI has improved SOME, but her next to the hulk CGI, it is still almost night and day different... at least to my eye.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's still a work in progress though I do acknowledge it looks much better than it did previously.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999

Agreed, I am getting Princess Fionna from Shrek vibes.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it might be ok. Some nice homages to John Byrne in it. CGI looks a little half-assed at times but I feel like Marvel has been half-assing it lately. I'll check this one out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Looks like it might be ok. Some nice homages to John Byrne in it. CGI looks a little half-assed at times but I feel like Marvel has been half-assing it lately. I'll check this one out.

Do you think it may be from the volume of movies Marvel is putting out?
Seems to be a lot in the works...
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
CGI Hulk looks good because they just reused the file from all those high budget movies. She-hulk, well, it’s made for streaming service. Kinda like ordering things from Wish.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Do you think it may be from the volume of movies Marvel is putting out?
Seems to be a lot in the works...

Personally, content overload is what is making me less enthused about everything coming out. For the films, Spider-Man No Way Home was probably the perfect bookend to that whole run up of MCU films from Iron Man to Endgame. It served as a nice epilogue to that while also doing Spidey stuff.

I probably wouldn't have seen Black Widow had the ex not wanted to see it. Dr Strange 2 was ok if a bit middling, and I never could build up enough excitement to get myself to watch Eternals, Shang Chi, and Thor 4. The TV stuff has been ok at times. What If was ok, Falcon & Winter Soldier was preachy and up its own ass. I felt Wandavision was great and Loki & Hawkeye were enjoyable enough. I haven't bothered with Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, or anything else that might have come out during that time frame. I'm definitely not someone who kisses Marvel's ass whenever something is released and I know there have been more hits than misses. It's just a lot and to somehow tie everything together is reminding of the shitty company-wide crossovers that occurred (ie, Onslaught).
Post 9 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
The movies and the disney series that have come out in the past few years, although sometimes over done and borderline corny, are better than a lot of the movies and series pre-CGI. Try to watch things from the 70's, 80's & 90's and it is missing the "fantastical" element that virtual reality and computer generated imagery provides.
Movies like The Lawn Mower Man and Disclosure had VR technology in the early 90's, The Matrix brought us major CGI technology in the late 90's which were ground breakers of their time.
Now it is all common place. What will be the next advent that will bring us a new "wow" factor?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I am completely enjoying every new project. I started reading comics in 1976, so having any Marvel content on the big or small screen is making me feel like a kid again. Far superior in quality to the 1970's Marvel properties I grew up watching, so I am not that picky with todays choices.

I think Marvel's misses are when they isolate the movie/TV series.

Marvel began with the thought of having all projects interconnecting, a feeling I have when reading books that crossover with one another.

It was a bold and new decision that I thought paid off well in the early days, but Marvel has now taken a different path with mixed results.

Ms. Marvel was very enjoyable for me as it leaned heavily into the MCU.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Buckets
I'm pretty much in a similar boat. Started reading comics regularly in 1981, so a lot of what's showing up in the MCU is pretty fun for me. As far as 'super-hero movie overload' goes, I'll confess to being a little mystified myself. I - and a gazillion other comics fans - can happily read a stack of comics every week for decades, but I'm supposed to believe that 3 ~ 4 movies per year is more than fandom can handle? Come on! Nothing wrong with finding out that some movies don't appeal personally (I thought Morbius was a bit dire and I know I'm not alone), but that doesn't make them all tiresome.

I thought Ms. Marvel was surprisingly enjoyable, and I wasn't expecting it because I thought the trailers for it were kinda 'meh.' Looking forward to checking out She-Hulk!

We'll have to see if it gives me flashbacks to my last stint on jury duty, though.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Can't remember the actresses name but I love her from Orphan Black so I will 100% be watching this - at least for a little while - I mean...there were other Disney projects I thought they couldn't mess up and I had to stop watching those - but since I never really read much She-Hulk it should be a clean slate for me!
Post 13 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The movies and the disney series that have come out in the past few years, although sometimes over done and borderline corny, are better than a lot of the movies and series pre-CGI.

I hope that this isn't an excuse to accept mediocrity (or worse).
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The movies and the disney series that have come out in the past few years, although sometimes over done and borderline corny, are better than a lot of the movies and series pre-CGI.

I respectfully disagree.
CGI is an overused crutch. In the olden days the effects may have been lacking so they compensated with practicle effects, good stories, character development and usually decent acting all while using plot devices like suspense, intrigue etc.
Much of that is lacking today
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The Gorn fighting Kirk.
Classic battle. Classic storyline
And the effects - who cares. It is still beloved today after over 50 years
Post 16 IP   flag post
598095 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?