Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

"My Comics" section18048

Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I wish there was a way to add comics that were graded in the past that you have now in your collection to the "My Comics" section of your account. This would help to track the issues you have and the grades they were given. Also if it was a variant or not. Also then you could see the grader notes if there was not a QR code on an older grading.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I use an app on my ipad 2. thing is so old and almost not worth using but use it for an app that allows me keep track of what comics i have. i can look for specific issues done by an artist, writer, storyline and there options for each title if I want to have what its value, and condition (among other things). helps me know what to grab for conventions instead of trying to find random stuff (i even catagorize them by what bin they are in)

it actually is called My comics app. I would use it on a better device but cant find it anywhere else
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
I use an app on my ipad 2. thing is so old and almost not worth using but use it for an app that allows me keep track of what comics i have. i can look for specific issues done by an artist, writer, storyline and there options for each title if I want to have what its value, and condition (among other things). helps me know what to grab for conventions instead of trying to find random stuff (i even catagorize them by what bin they are in)

it actually is called My comics app. I would use it on a better device but cant find it anywhere else

I have a nasty habit of seeing an issue and for some reason I end up with multiple copies both graded and ungraded. Ugh. Organizing this and my artwork is a nightmare. I need something like that when I am at cons, etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Element_Lad

I have been keeping an excel spread sheet of all purchases, date of purchase, price paid, overstreet value, raw or graded grades, year published, who I purchased from.

All alphabetized. Makes it easy to find all books in my collection.
Took a lot of time to log books in, but once existing books are logged in, all you have to do is update it when you get new books.

And I have been keeping another spread sheet for sales.
This one has date and price of when I purchased the books, prices sold for, fees and shipping costs paid, and whom I sold the books to and date of sale.
This one was started to show amount of profit for my accountant so I am only paying taxes on profit, and not on sale price.

The most important aspect of keeping these records is not to forget to log in new information on transactions. VERY helpful....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Element_Lad

I have been keeping an excel spread sheet of all purchases, date of purchase, price paid, overstreet value, raw or graded grades, year published, who I purchased from.

All alphabetized. Makes it easy to find all books in my collection.
Took a lot of time to log books in, but once existing books are logged in, all you have to do is update it when you get new books.

And I have been keeping another spread sheet for sales.
This one has date and price of when I purchased the books, prices sold for, fees and shipping costs paid, and whom I sold the books to and date of sale.
This one was started to show amount of profit for my accountant so I am only paying taxes on profit, and not on sale price.

The most important aspect of keeping these records is not to forget to log in new information on transactions. VERY helpful....
This^^ I have not done this yet with my comic collection as it grew rather quickly also turning into a serious hobby for me just as quickly. It was one those “what have I done!” moments. What’s most “important” I can remember what I paid to the nearest dollar and the small potatoes I can quesstimate.

I did do this with a large portion of my video game collection and helped me liquidate those easily and come out ahead.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can upload anything to www.myslabbedcomics.com. I use it to showcase and keep up with my graded books.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
when I had a very small collection (back when I started to buy comics again in 07 or 08) did just keep track on stuff like excel. but I have nearly 3000 comics app makes it easier
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
I use CLZ and Covrprice. Both allow you to track purchases and sales.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You can upload anything to www.myslabbedcomics.com. I use it to showcase and keep up with my graded books.

Trying this out first since they link with ComicArtFans.com and I am a member there as well. Thank you @DrWatson

I realize this is only the slabbed comics not the multitude of long boxes and their contents.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601226 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?