CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsComics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

SDCC 202218027

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it was an Ozzy appearance!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 "I heard a lot of people in the industry think that. SDCC and NYCC have become more about pop culture then comics."
Really!! It started getting bad at SDCC around 2008 when Twilight came out. Since then about half the people who go are not there to buy comics, they are only there to see the Movie Stars. I stopped going around 2014 when it became a pain in the ass to get a ticket.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Last day of SDCC!

My last few pickups. Here I have the Sin City: Hard Goodbye Curator’s Edition. This is basically an Artist’s Edition. It is larger than other artist editions even though the art boards it reproduces are the same size so the pages have a border. The extra space is mostly used in the bonus materials in the back.

I also picked up the Art of the Boys and Fables: Te Complete Covers by James Jean. So a lot of art books this show.

I got some free Avengers promo and I bought a signed copy of Tales for a Halloween Night vol 7 signed by John Carpenter, Sandy King, Tim Bradstreet, Janice Chiang, and Sean Sobczak

It had been my first time meeting with Tim Bradstreet since Covid made him a bit more reclusive so it was great seeing him again! I did set up a purchase for one of his original pieces, the Bernthal Punisher since it would go well as a companion piece to the commission I’m waiting on from him, a recreation of his cover for Punisher 3 but with the Netflix versions of Punisher and Daredevil.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Had a blast all 5 days!
“Omg, Comic-Con sucks!” my son is not having a good time. We've spent 3 days trying to get an opportunity to get an autograph from a legend.
The first day we were in a line to get an autograph from this awesome artist. The attendant was about to strap the wrist bands on our arms and notices our badges. The line attendant says no professionals, we are denied the opportunity for a signing. Justice was pissed, and I was broken hearted. This young man wanted to burn this comic book, he was frustrated.
We spent a few more days trying a lottery to get this autograph, and to no avail, luck wasn't in our favor. 3rd day, still no luck, didn't get a lucky ticket, and was not able to secure a wrist band for the fantastic creator’s signature.
My son is done with Comic-Con, this place is crappy. 630pm rolls around and we go to the Comixology booth to get autographs from Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, success! This is a good score. I notice that another person has come up to talk to Greg and Scott. I turn to my son and say “ dude, look who it is?”
It's now 655pm, the attendants and staff are starting to move people out. Justice grabs the 30 year old book I gave him, he waits patiently, on the outside of the stanchions, to ask for this grail of an autograph, and sure enough, after my son waits patiently, my son walks up to the man and asks for his signature. At this moment, it's closing time, and all of these fantastic creatives want to leave the show floor, it had to have been a long tough day and week of signing merchandise.
After patiently waiting, this guy starts to leave the booth. My son, waiting on the outside, finally gets an opportunity to asks the question, “please may I have your John Hancock?” I can't look, I'm afraid of the disappointment and frustration this kid is going to feel if he is denied, and he'll never want to go to a convention, or read comics again.
This extremely awesome person, pulls a blue Sharpie out of his pocket and proceeds to write on the front cover of the book that my son has. I'm extremely elated about the transaction that is at hand, and so happy for my youngest, that he got to experience this awesome gift of a signature from a creative! The same experience I felt when I got an autograph from a favorite inspirational creator that I totally loved when I was of the same age. Thank you Todd Mcfarlane for making this young man's weekend, forever grateful! An awesome lesson in patience and seizing an opportunity.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Todd McFarlane loves his fans.

Once I read awesome creator and professional badge I knew who you were talking about. A few years back at NYCC I remember professionals/vendors being upset they couldnt get wrist bands for Todd's signing. The reason being, he wanted to make sure the wrist bands weren't all taken up before the general admission was let on the floor.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@HCanes I totally get that. I've been going 25 years as a professional and I'm not allowed to go on the floor before the attendees. I do know that exhibitor's/sellers get there first, and have access to getting tons of stuff, like the Whatnot seller thatspidermanbooth, he got 200 copies of a Spawn book, signed by McFarlane, and made bank, I watched his stream while at con. I wish I had privileges, lol.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Praxis52 private msg quote post Address this user
New with CBCS and I was lucky enough to get the SDCC Spawn #1 Gold Foil blanks. One of the books is signed by Todd. CBCS can grade and authenticate it, correct?
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Praxis52 CBCS can grade it and you would want to use the Verified Signature option. There’s no guarantee that it will pass but a modern McFarlane sig would most likely pass, I think
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Praxis52 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Praxis52 CBCS can grade it and you would want to use the Verified Signature option. There’s no guarantee that it will pass but a modern McFarlane sig would most likely pass, I think

Thanks so much!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
600883 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?