Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeSignatures

another CBCS success story!18017

Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Second time this summer that I handed off some books in-person, paid for express pass, and got the books back in less than a month! This time was at Heroes Con in Charlotte. The CBCS staff manning the table that weekend were great.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@ERB_in_CLT
Nice books! Congrats!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector WeAreCollectz private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome grabs beautiful signature 😍
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
nice. submitted a few at heroes con myself. didnt pay for express so wont see for a year.

skottie young is one of my favorite artists. One of these days would consider getting a cool cover he did signed and witnessed to get graded
Post 4 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
nice!! but for low value books, i cant see spending extra for express. but that's just me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
nice!! but for low value books, i cant see spending extra for express. but that's just me.
cool thanks for the atta boy!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

the reason I dont do express is. with the cost...I might as well submit more for the same ammount. I dont mind the wait. if they werent submitted theyd be sitting in a drawer or cabinet (I keep anything worth money not in a bin/box)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

the reason I dont do express is. with the cost...I might as well submit more for the same ammount. I dont mind the wait. if they werent submitted theyd be sitting in a drawer or cabinet (I keep anything worth money not in a bin/box)

same with me. unless its a higher value book, like $1,000 or more.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

Totally get it, although with the bitching that takes places re TAT, you would be the exception that doesn't mind the wait... LOL
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:

This exactly. As long as you don't press the cheap books, it's not that bad. It's not even a whole year. Just be sure to inspect your lower tier books thoroughly before you send them so you don't get unpleasant surprises (learned my lesson early on), and use pre-screen when it would be a big waste if you don't get that 9.8.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job! Great to see express is actually express. It's worth it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
A post not complaining about TATs, what blasphemy is this.

Nice sigs.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@ERB_in_CLT the audacity for a kudos thread!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley @Hcanes

I was starting to think I did something wrong
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's an entire extra year of their life they get to have these books in their possession. I get it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERB_in_CLT
@Studley_Dudley @Hcanes

I was starting to think I did something wrong
No sweat dude. You collect how you want as does everyone else. The thousand dollar guideline just happens to sound snobby as hell.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I hate waiting and can afford to go faster. So I get it. Just because it isn't worth a lot of money doesn't mean I want to wait a year.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
That Skottie cover reminds me of the SNES Empire Strikes Back level on Hoth. I still have nightmares. I did beat those SNES side scrolling monstrosities; ptsd I suppose.

Oh yeah; sweet books!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I hate waiting and can afford to go faster. So I get it. Just because it isn't worth a lot of money doesn't mean I want to wait a year.

I get what you're saying. I have books that I shell out for, even though I tend to send in the lower tier books on the slow boat to China. Books I'm fond of and want for my PC get expressed regardless of FMV.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Quote:

That's an entire extra year of their life they get to have these books in their possession. I get it.

yea - lots can happen in that year. Interest can drop cutting the value of the book in half. If its a witness or signature verification, the artist could have passed away and the book doubles in price and you cant capitalize on the jump right away... I could die. Then my wife is getting books a year later wondering "what the heck do i do with this - off to Goodwill!"

its a risk for sure. lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
598062 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?