Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

there we go! Running a speed boat into Nessie
Post 176 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Do most people consider Marvels top 2 to be Dr. Doom and Magneto?
DC Comics Lex Luthor and the Joker?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Dr Doom and Loki

Joker and Lex Luther
Post 178 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder 😎 cover of Deadshot
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Dr Doom and Loki

Joker and Lex Luther
Loki is pretty Diabolical. I have to give best Villian run to Amazing Spider-Man.
9 major and lasting villians in the first 15 issues
Post 180 IP   flag post

@esavaro Superman 147 👍 One of my favorites. Lightning Lord is a very underrated villain!
Post 181 IP   flag post
@WMorse Killer Book! Solomon Grundy Awesome. The Joker would have just been redundant I suppose
Post 182 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Listen up Bastich's. I was close to going with the the main man or a bounty hunter from a long time ago.

But, I was unable to escape and could not resist the power of the dark side...

Post 183 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 184 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
That X-men 142 probably would have been a good choice.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
That X-men 142 probably would have been a good choice.

True but they're all pretty good, and who can argue with Fin Fang Foom?
Post 186 IP   flag post
There's many covers to choose for this week's theme.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure everybodys watching me....

Post 188 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 189 IP   flag post

Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Too on the nose?

Post 191 IP   flag post
@southerncross the Superman 23 would have been a good one to use last week. Awesome cover
Post 192 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 oh, I don't want to win and have to come up with a brand new cover theme for the week.

Supes was good, I did like the Donald duck, a cover most have never seen before.
Post 193 IP   flag post

2nd appearance and 1st cover appearance of Jonah Hex

Post 194 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
#3 was almost my entry @southerncross, but you know...
Post 195 IP   flag post
Winner Winner chicken dinner!

Post 196 IP   flag post
@southerncross you may win it this week.
Cool Book
Post 197 IP   flag post
They're all stunning! I saw those amazing Frazetta covers and knew I wasn't going to win, so I just threw in the one I have that I happen to like the most.
Post 198 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 Thanks...

Lots of cool covers from the 50s, here's a couple more that I like...

Post 199 IP   flag post

Post 200 IP   flag post
So I just discovered by astute observation of the 50s cover contest, that in 1954 you could breathe in outer space without a helmet on

Then in 1955 someone or something sucked all the air out and you had to wear a helmet

All tounge and cheek of course

Post 201 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift - Here’s a helmet from 1953. I almost used this cover for the contest, but then decided to go for something completely different from what was being posted at the time.

Post 202 IP   flag post
And also staying with the si-fi of the 1950s and space travel theme.. I give you the Movie set of the
"Day The Earth Stood Still" 1951 shot in Washington DC..

Post 203 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Gotlift - Here’s a helmet from 1953. I almost used this cover for the contest, but then decided to go for something completely different from what was being posted at the time.

yeah but the guy in the loin cloth doesn't, maybe she doesn't want to mus her hair
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
maybe she doesn't want to mus her hair

There's also the possibility she's utilising that indispensable future-gadget that all the ladies are so, so envious of: Acme Perm-in-a-Bubble. Get your killer hair done while also saving half-naked, built barbarian dudes from drooling tentacle monsters At The Same Time! For the adventurous yet fashionable Action Lady on the go!!!
Post 205 IP   flag post
619266 658 30