Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
Looks rainy to me!
Post 151 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
No issues here @GAC! I will give my reasoning if desired...
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
This was the first one that popped into my head:

But then I saw the one @Amspider posted, so I didn't want to rain on his parade.
Post 153 IP   flag post
@peterc777
That's another great one! Say what you like about John Romita Jr., but dude has a gift for drawing people getting rained on!
Post 154 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guy & gals.
I’m doing great. I am 12 miles off the ocean and have a strong home and a 20,000 watt generator so I’m ok.
Helping by with lifted trucks delivering gasoline and water to relatives, friends and customers
It’s really sad but it’s Florida and hurricanes are a fact of life.
As heavy snow, flooding and tornadoes are in other areas.
Again thanks we’ll be back “We’re Americans”
Post 155 IP   flag post

@Gotlift
So good to hear you're doing well and helping out, too. My part of the country gets earthquakes and huge fires, so I understand about all of us having a certain kind of disaster we just have to be ready for.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 157 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a couple of helping hands 2nd and 3rd choices for this week

Post 158 IP   flag post
Stunning Frazetta cover! I don't think I've seen that one before.

And what is DC's obsession with spanking!!?
Post 159 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

They must have had a hidden camera watching me as a kid.
I must have been the poster boy for kid getting the most spankings...errr...a$$ beatings....
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

I must have been the poster boy for kid getting the most spankings...errr...a$$ beatings....

You and all the kids from my era, too! Back when spankings in school could be 'administered' by the principal.
Post 161 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd - So that’s why they’re called “Administrators!”
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Byrdibyrd - So that’s why they’re called “Administrators!”

A principal + 50's ~ 60's era = DC spanking cover!!

Or maybe it's just Pa Kent! You'd think he would've learned after the first time...
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You and all the kids from my era, too! Back when spankings in school could be 'administered' by the principal.

Lol....
My mom told me "if you get a spankin' at school, you're gettin' another one when you get home"
Forgotten how many times that happened....
The hiney is truly resilient. I am amazed I still have any left....
Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol....
My mom told me "if you get a spankin' at school, you're gettin' another one when you get home"
Forgotten how many times that happened....
The hiney is truly resilient. I am amazed I still have any left....

I managed to avoid being 'administered to' at school. Got sent to the principal's office for sure, but I avoided the paddle every time. Of course, Mom fixed that when I got home...
Post 165 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if there's a cover that has Jeff Bridges teaming up with Todd Bridges flying over the Golden Gate Bridge on the bridge of the USS Enterprise while playing Bridge......unlikely I think.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I wonder if there's a cover that has Jeff Bridges teaming up with Todd Bridges flying over the Golden Gate Bridge on the bridge of the USS Enterprise while playing Bridge......unlikely I think.
@GAC - LOL, I was wondering if I had a comic with either Lloyd, Beau, or Jeff Bridges on the cover. Sadly I do not have a Tron comic in my collection.
Post 167 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@GAC - LOL, I was wondering if I had a comic with either Lloyd, Beau, or Jeff Bridges on the cover. Sadly I do not have a Tron comic in my collection.

Ha!! Good call on the Tron !!!

Superman/Superboy related titles seem to depict alot of bridges.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Agreed on Super---. Also, I figure that there will also be a lot of Spidey swinging around, through, and under bridges, hence my Scifinator style bridge of the Enterprise entry.
Post 169 IP   flag post
I didn't think about 'bridge of the Enterprise' until I already posted by Spidey book.
Post 170 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

I wonder how that mobster got that oxy/acetylene cutting rig to the top of that bridge. Determination I guess. He really hated that bridge
Post 171 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 Where is Robin swinging in from? The line is in the sky. Maybe the Bat Helicopter hovering on remote?
Post 172 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@drmccoy74 Where is Robin swinging in from? The line is in the sky. Maybe the Bat Helicopter hovering on remote?
🤣 yup swinging off the moon
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

I wonder how that mobster got that oxy/acetylene cutting rig to the top of that bridge. Determination I guess. He really hated that bridge
it's an ok cover. At least they aren't fighting a purple dragon or something in that 50's period
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
it's an ok cover. At least they aren't fighting a purple dragon or something in that 50's period

Totally want to see that now. And it needs to have the bridge and the goon and Robin swingin' off the moon.
Post 175 IP   flag post

there we go! Running a speed boat into Nessie
Post 176 IP   flag post
Do most people consider Marvels top 2 to be Dr. Doom and Magneto?
DC Comics Lex Luthor and the Joker?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Dr Doom and Loki

Joker and Lex Luther
Post 178 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder 😎 cover of Deadshot
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Dr Doom and Loki

Joker and Lex Luther
Loki is pretty Diabolical. I have to give best Villian run to Amazing Spider-Man.
9 major and lasting villians in the first 15 issues
Post 180 IP   flag post
614861 650 30