Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of excellent cover submissions already! And there are so many that I have never seen before too, which makes it even better.
Post 126 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Theres a duplicate cover.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
So many nice covers! I need to remember which thread I'm on so I don't start voting by accident!
Post 128 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
So many nice covers! I need to remember which thread I'm on so I don't start voting by accident!
Who, you???? Naaa....
Post 129 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 130 IP   flag post

That song is one of my favourites from his Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album.
Post 131 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I love "Benny and the Jets" as well as "Goodbye yellow brick road". Heck, that whole album is gold!!!!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

I love "Benny and the Jets" as well as "Goodbye yellow brick road". Heck, that whole album is gold!!!!

One of my favourite albums of all time. Elton John's best, IMHO, and that's saying something because he put out a number of amazing albums. I'll confess to a fondness for Caribou, simply because that's the album with The Bitch is Back on it. In The Way Back When I used to crank that up on my little junky stereo and drive my mom nuts because Elton John was a legit artist so she couldn't complain about the lyrics.
Post 133 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
It's going to be difficult to light a fire when voting arrives. So many awesome covers.

@esaravo great theme this week!
Post 134 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder - Thank you! I was first thinking along the lines of “God Save the Queen” because that’s dominated the news lately, but I couldn’t think of too many covers showing a queen (maybe there are tons, but I am not aware of them). Plus, I kept hearing the Sex Pistols singing “God Save the Queen, she ain’t a human being.” Then the Candle in the Wind song by Sir Elton popped into my head.
Post 135 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Is it because the Queen predated electricity?
Post 136 IP   flag post
Thought I had a pretty good idea what I was going to do regarding all the lovely candle covers... and then the Hellboy cover showed up! Must re-think my strategy. I Mignola's black covers.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 138 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen that Witching Hour @southerncross.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I've never seen that Witching Hour @southerncross.

It's part of my May 72 collection.

It's a really cool cover and I'm hunting for at least a VF-NM raw copy.
This copy is just a place holder atm
Post 140 IP   flag post
We have a couple really nice Witching Hour covers now. I need to pay more attention to that series.
Post 141 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd yeah I saw a couple in the thread myself.
Post 142 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thought I had a pretty good idea what I was going to do regarding all the lovely candle covers... and then the Hellboy cover showed up! Must re-think my strategy. I Mignola's black covers.

and then Punchline arrived at the party...
Post 143 IP   flag post
I am surprised this one has been posted yet.

A few others that would qualify.

Note: I think this is the Forever People cover that @southercross tried to post.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Two more:

Post 145 IP   flag post
@DrWatson
Great new contest theme! I'm already seeing some fantastic covers.
Post 146 IP   flag post

Post 147 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DrWatson
Great new contest theme! I'm already seeing some fantastic covers.

I was surprised that it hadn't been used before.
Post 148 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Considered this before I thought about The Maxx. It's my favorite of the 3000+ Last Ronin 1 variants.

Post 149 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to use this one but I'm not sure its raining in the picture or if he's just wet....

EDIT: I'm going with it because of this.

Post 150 IP   flag post
@GAC
Looks rainy to me!
Post 151 IP   flag post
No issues here @GAC! I will give my reasoning if desired...
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
This was the first one that popped into my head:

But then I saw the one @Amspider posted, so I didn't want to rain on his parade.
Post 153 IP   flag post
@peterc777
That's another great one! Say what you like about John Romita Jr., but dude has a gift for drawing people getting rained on!
Post 154 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guy & gals.
I’m doing great. I am 12 miles off the ocean and have a strong home and a 20,000 watt generator so I’m ok.
Helping by with lifted trucks delivering gasoline and water to relatives, friends and customers
It’s really sad but it’s Florida and hurricanes are a fact of life.
As heavy snow, flooding and tornadoes are in other areas.
Again thanks we’ll be back “We’re Americans”
Post 155 IP   flag post
615418 653 30