Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.

Yeah, I remember when it came out. A lot of people had high hopes. The series kept going for a while, but not even a TMNT guest appearance could save it. I think #1 and the TMNT issue (#26) are the only ones worth anything, and it's not all that much.
Post 102 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!
Post 103 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!

I have noticed more participation as well. Great to see the vast selection of covers each week.
Your books are always rockin' as always. Nice Red Dress action...

That Zap Comix # 3 from @figment is cool. Has those little characters that look much like the Isz from McFarlanes toys that came with the Maxx toy.

I really like the USA Comics # 2 by my pal @sborock
Post 104 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 105 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 106 IP   flag post
@southerncross
I made absolutely certain I was on the DISCUSSION thread before I did anything...
Post 107 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 108 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

There's a decent amount of books I wish I'd chosen over my entry.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@flanders I use to own the Hobbit series when it was first released.
Beautiful artwork.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@flanders I use to own the Hobbit series when it was first released.
Beautiful artwork.

It looks really cool. I don't own the comic but always liked the novel.
Post 111 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few I considered:

Post 112 IP   flag post

Post 113 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few that fit the music theme this week. I almost opted for the Horrific cover.

Post 114 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder
Those are all spectacular! WOW!!

@southerncross
I'd vote for any of those. The Bunny cover is a hoot.
Post 115 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 116 IP   flag post
DJ Jokie Laughster is in da house!!
Post 117 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd once again you manage to shatter all WCC expectations!
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson
@Byrdibyrd - the covers in this thread are amazing but a lot to pick from. I'm new here and was wondering if you guys have considered submissions only from our personal collections? If so, my submission above wouldn't be eligible although now I want that comic.

You don't have to own the cover to submit it.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:

I do my best! I just wasn't prepared to have Jimmy get outclassed so soon. There are some amazing covers here!
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I do my best! I just wasn't prepared to have Jimmy get outclassed so soon. There are some amazing covers here!

Post 121 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I think this stickied thread should be linked in the standard WCC ruleset. To avoid breaking up the cover submission posts.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Here are a few that fit the music theme this week. I almost opted for the Horrific cover.

Now I need a copy of this.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think this stickied thread should be linked in the standard WCC ruleset. To avoid breaking up the cover submission posts.

Too easy. We prefer complex solutions.
Post 124 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

I went ahead and did it. Let's see if it helps.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Lots of excellent cover submissions already! And there are so many that I have never seen before too, which makes it even better.
Post 126 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Theres a duplicate cover.
Post 127 IP   flag post
So many nice covers! I need to remember which thread I'm on so I don't start voting by accident!
Post 128 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
So many nice covers! I need to remember which thread I'm on so I don't start voting by accident!
Who, you???? Naaa....
Post 129 IP   flag post
Post 130 IP   flag post
615418 653 30