CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Surprised we haven't had John Carter #11 yet. I would've used mine but I couldn't find it as quick as I found the Spidey!

@Nearmint67
You'll want to have a look at that if you don't have one already.


Yepp, Got it..
Post 76 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67
Haven't seen that Power Man before, and it's a Starlin cover! Nice!!
Post 77 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Surprised we haven't had John Carter #11 yet. I would've used mine but I couldn't find it as quick as I found the Spidey!

@Nearmint67
You'll want to have a look at that if you don't have one already.


Good one! I have it, but didnโ€™t think of it.
Post 78 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hereโ€™s a few that I considered, that havenโ€™t been used yet.









Post 79 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

That Adventure Comics 348 is nice....
Post 80 • IP   flag post


I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - Thanks, I love those SA Adventure Comics with the LSH.
Post 81 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 82 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
That's a nice copy! Mine looks like a rag.
Post 83 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@southerncross
That's a nice copy! Mine looks like a rag.
Thanks. Unfortunately I can't grade this book as it would get hammered a 4.5 so I leave it looking raw and prettier then what it actually is ๐Ÿ‘
Post 84 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 looks like we were both on the same wavelength with Frankenstein's Monster. LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 85 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Nearmint67 looks like we were both on the same wavelength with Frankenstein's Monster. LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚


@flanders might be dialed in as well - TBD...
Post 86 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Nearmint67 looks like we were both on the same wavelength with Frankenstein's Monster. LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚


@flanders might be dialed in as well - TBD...


Update: Immortal!
Post 87 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user









Post 88 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 89 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
here's a #9 I had on my mind.. BUT.. I thought Fang-Fang was Chinese



Post 90 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I nearly used one of these but Amazing Adult Fantasy won out (at least for me it did).


This is a #99 variant cover, by the way.

Post 91 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I am guessing most of this weeks entries will be #9โ€™s, and I may be going out on a limb here, but the fewest will be #999โ€™s.
Post 92 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator
I had a Detective #999 that I was seriously considering, but it didn't hold a candle to "The Terror of TIM BOO BA!"
Post 93 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
The Subby #9 was my other choice.
Post 94 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
The Subby #9 was my other choice.

Another nice one!
Post 95 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
The Subby #9 was my other choice.


Origin of the serpent crown I think ๐Ÿค”

The FF 9 has a great cover though.
Post 96 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I almost posted this one.


Post 97 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 98 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hereโ€™s another decent one I just came across.


Post 99 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Grim Jack never took off.
I had an old one for 15 years +/- and it never did appreciate.
Think I gave it away....
Post 100 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.
Post 101 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.

Yeah, I remember when it came out. A lot of people had high hopes. The series kept going for a while, but not even a TMNT guest appearance could save it. I think #1 and the TMNT issue (#26) are the only ones worth anything, and it's not all that much.
Post 102 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!
Post 103 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!


I have noticed more participation as well. Great to see the vast selection of covers each week.
Your books are always rockin' as always. Nice Red Dress action...

That Zap Comix # 3 from @figment is cool. Has those little characters that look much like the Isz from McFarlanes toys that came with the Maxx toy.

I really like the USA Comics # 2 by my pal @sborock
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user


Post 105 • IP   flag post
657131 740 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.