Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Surprised we haven't had John Carter #11 yet. I would've used mine but I couldn't find it as quick as I found the Spidey!

@Nearmint67
You'll want to have a look at that if you don't have one already.

Yepp, Got it..
Post 76 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67
Haven't seen that Power Man before, and it's a Starlin cover! Nice!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Surprised we haven't had John Carter #11 yet. I would've used mine but I couldn't find it as quick as I found the Spidey!

@Nearmint67
You'll want to have a look at that if you don't have one already.

Good one! I have it, but didnโ€™t think of it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hereโ€™s a few that I considered, that havenโ€™t been used yet.

Post 79 IP   flag post
@esaravo

That Adventure Comics 348 is nice....
Post 80 IP   flag post

@Nearmint67 - Thanks, I love those SA Adventure Comics with the LSH.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 82 IP   flag post
@southerncross
That's a nice copy! Mine looks like a rag.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@southerncross
That's a nice copy! Mine looks like a rag.
Thanks. Unfortunately I can't grade this book as it would get hammered a 4.5 so I leave it looking raw and prettier then what it actually is ๐Ÿ‘
Post 84 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 looks like we were both on the same wavelength with Frankenstein's Monster. LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 85 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Nearmint67 looks like we were both on the same wavelength with Frankenstein's Monster. LOL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚

@flanders might be dialed in as well - TBD...
Post 86 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

@flanders might be dialed in as well - TBD...

Update: Immortal!
Post 87 IP   flag post

Post 88 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 89 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
here's a #9 I had on my mind.. BUT.. I thought Fang-Fang was Chinese

Post 90 IP   flag post
I nearly used one of these but Amazing Adult Fantasy won out (at least for me it did).

This is a #99 variant cover, by the way.

Post 91 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I am guessing most of this weeks entries will be #9โ€™s, and I may be going out on a limb here, but the fewest will be #999โ€™s.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@Scifinator
I had a Detective #999 that I was seriously considering, but it didn't hold a candle to "The Terror of TIM BOO BA!"
Post 93 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The Subby #9 was my other choice.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment

Another nice one!
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment

Origin of the serpent crown I think ๐Ÿค”

The FF 9 has a great cover though.
Post 96 IP   flag post
I almost posted this one.

Post 97 IP   flag post

Post 98 IP   flag post
Hereโ€™s another decent one I just came across.

Post 99 IP   flag post
@esaravo Grim Jack never took off.
I had an old one for 15 years +/- and it never did appreciate.
Think I gave it away....
Post 100 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nearmint67 - Even though it never took off, it was (and still is) a solid read.

Yeah, I remember when it came out. A lot of people had high hopes. The series kept going for a while, but not even a TMNT guest appearance could save it. I think #1 and the TMNT issue (#26) are the only ones worth anything, and it's not all that much.
Post 102 IP   flag post
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
My favorite thing about the WCC in recent weeks is the increase in participation. Hopefully the fun continues!

I have noticed more participation as well. Great to see the vast selection of covers each week.
Your books are always rockin' as always. Nice Red Dress action...

That Zap Comix # 3 from @figment is cool. Has those little characters that look much like the Isz from McFarlanes toys that came with the Maxx toy.

I really like the USA Comics # 2 by my pal @sborock
Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
615417 653 30