CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 - I almost used that cover! Great choice.


Post 476 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 477 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Awesome!


Post 478 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
here's one for someone to use if they're looking for an entry.


Post 479 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s another one:

Post 480 • IP   flag post


I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
One of the earliest examples


Post 481 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Flanders I like your cover choice again this week. It takes me back to Valiant early 90's heyday. There were always many titles in the Wizard top 10. Good Times!


Post 482 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 483 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
This weeks contest category... Shiny Orb's .. Here's a shiny Blue orb.. one of Frazzetta's paintings that hangs in my Bedroom "The Blue Planet" Won't qualify as a comic cover but Stunning.. unfortunately I just noticed I picked up a reflection from across the room



Post 484 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I was late for this weeks Crystal Ball / Orb cover contest, but I would have chosen one of these two had I seen the contest earlier in the week;

Scifinator style:



or

Post 485 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
craving another slice of the imagination running wild ... here's a couple that came to mind..






Post 486 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
How about:


Post 487 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My 2nd option after the slice of ham.


Post 488 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user



The Adam Hughes cover I didn't go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDS



I know pretty much nothing about Michael Thibodeaux, but he doesn't just have the same style as Dave Stevens here, he has the same signature!
Post 489 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Plus size women seem to have a natural immunity to being abducted and bound. Even aliens tend to avoid them, apparently.
Post 490 • IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
All transportation vessels have weight limits
Post 491 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



I just thought this cover was funny when I first saw it. And they are cheap like $20-$30 each so I've got two copies.


Post 492 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
If not for the rules, this would’ve been my pick (and one of the rarest books of any kind in my collection):


Post 493 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Do back covers qualify?



Post 494 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I like speed buggy and hong kong phooey.
Those were great 70's cartoons..








Post 495 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
The car is not the first thing you notice.


Post 496 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I know there's a snake in there somewhere



Post 497 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross that's a creepy cover Bro. Dr. Sivana!
Post 498 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Books I considered for this week.





Post 499 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
I know there's a snake in there somewhere






Ohhh There it is and by golly she lost her cloths.



Post 500 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user




Post 501 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rbolton I always wondered how Razor Fist ate when I was a kid. Like a dog I guess.


Post 502 • IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 lol!! Or use the bathroom!!
Post 503 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 me too! I think that's why he has one sword hand in the movie.
Post 504 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42



I would have stood up and left. LOL
Post 505 • IP   flag post
657131 740 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.