Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Collector Keylowatts private msg quote post Address this user
Zombie Cover
Post 351 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 352 IP   flag post
Sketch artist Matthew Wright on blank variant Spider-Gwen #1

Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylowatts
Zombie Cover

Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylowatts
Gorgo! Monsters on the moon.
Post 355 IP   flag post

Post 356 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Some runners up for my submission

Post 357 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
never a comic cover but Frazetta's rendition of a space angel

Post 358 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That's no moon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Post 359 IP   flag post

Post 360 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Rom covers are chock full of random crossovers. Thinking maybe I should have gone with Power-man and Iron Fist...or Namor...or maybe King Arthur:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=250001
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
To accompany my entry this week:

Post 362 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Some great covers from the 70s

Post 363 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 364 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I know Batman 227 is a swipe of 'tec 31, but it always makes me think of Dark Shadows.
Post 365 IP   flag post

Post 366 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There’s still one cover that hasn’t been posted yet that came to my mind right after I saw the theme. I will post it here Thursday if no one else does (and I remember).
Post 367 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo could it be this?

Post 368 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - That’s not it, but that’s a great Ditko cover you don’t see too often!
Post 369 IP   flag post
This is the other cover I thought about. Classic John Romita cover too (RIP JR).

Post 370 IP   flag post
Someone should scroll through the Lois Lane issues. She's unconscious on probably one-third of those covers.
Post 371 IP   flag post
@DrWatson - Like this one?

Post 372 IP   flag post
Yes, exactly like that one.
Post 373 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is the other cover I thought about. Classic John Romita cover too (RIP JR).

I'm not sure that's how the tingling Spidey-Sense is supposed to work.
Post 374 IP   flag post
This is one of the best triggered covers I've seen. I'm not big into duck books but when I saw this cover I just had to pull the trigger.

Post 375 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Why did you change your entry? I knew I was going to give this a '3' the moment I saw it.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I was thinking of entering this one at first, but foreigns don't seem to do too well in the contest.

Post 377 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O That's a nice Australian late 40s? In around those years because of the 6D book. Pretty cool 👍

And a white newspaper cover too.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
@southerncross Why did you change your entry? I knew I was going to give this a '3' the moment I saw it.

Because I don't want to have to come up with a new contest idea 🤣

Donalds a better trigger cover, though I've always liked the triggered Captain Marvel in the water teasing and trying to provoke Sub-mariner by splashing water with his hands like a child. 👍
Post 379 IP   flag post
I think I should have used this cover this week.

Or perhaps an Action, Adventure, or Superman comic showing the giant door to his fortress of solitude.
Post 380 IP   flag post
598046 556 30