CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Almost submitted this one.

Post 301 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Some more covers








Post 302 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.
Post 303 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I have a real love hate relationship with this contest...

1.... Love seeing all the books I missed or forgot about over the years..

2.... Hate seeing a great book I forgot about which causes me to go search and then purchase it.

but I do love this contest..


Post 304 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.


Perhaps it is both? I just do things...
Post 305 • IP   flag post


" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.


Perhaps it is both? I just do things...


Since you’re the creator, I defer to your ruling.
Post 306 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.


Perhaps it is both? I just do things...


Since you’re the creator, I defer to your ruling.


Judgement begins Wed at high noon. Who am i? Surely you have something in the utility belt...
Post 307 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.


Reading it again you are correct.

With that said I'll keep the cover I posted as I don't want to win.
Post 308 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
I have a real love hate relationship with this contest...

1.... Love seeing all the books I missed or forgot about over the years..

2.... Hate seeing a great book I forgot about which causes me to go search and then purchase it.

but I do love this contest..




I've bought a book or two because of this competition.

I also enjoy seeing covers I've forgotten about or just seeing for the first time. With over 7 decades of publishing there's always something new.
Post 309 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps I should have posted one of these:








Post 310 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This was my runner up this week.


Post 311 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my alternates, but I knew it would look a lot like some other entries, so I opted for the flagrant inappropriateness that is Hansi.


Post 312 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My second choice:


Post 313 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user







Post 314 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 315 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 316 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
NOOOOOOOO!! Not the pupper!!!
Post 317 • IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 318 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 319 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 320 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user




Post 321 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
My first thought but alas.. my second pick..






and this stunning cover was my third thought..



Post 322 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user

Post 323 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 324 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 325 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Tim Vigil likes wings.






Post 326 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is pretty creepy.


Post 327 • IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my all time favorites. I don’t think this would qualify. It’s pulp not a comic.


Post 328 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Tom74152
WOW, that is a great cover!!
Post 329 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
For further color on this weeks "Lost Universes" comics, I want to somewhat get away from the mainstream. I know most don't have the Lost Universes guide, but there is a Facebook Group that is dedicated to that genre. Here is the link: Comic Book Lost Universes Group.

Would like to see non-Marvel & DC, but won't disqualify legitimate Lost Universes. For some more nuance, if one is to use a Marvel or DC it should NOT be:

- A parallel universe of established characters
- A periodic feature rotating storylines/characters like Marvel Super Special or Epic Illustrated
- A title that was bought by Marvel, DC, etc and is or was still published after 2000 (unless, the continuity/universe was completely abandoned. So Malibu/Ultraverse Exiles would be a yes, but Marvel Exiles would be a no.

No doubt many of you have some Lost Universes in you collection, but if you need a good cover photo, MyComicShop.com has a database full of them for easy copy of scans to post.

There were a lot of great comics with fantastic stories and wonderful art that didn't have the DC and Marvel deep pockets and thus were eventually lost. Let's celebrate them.
Post 330 • IP   flag post
657131 740 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.