Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Almost submitted this one.

Post 301 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Some more covers

Post 302 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I have a real love hate relationship with this contest...

1.... Love seeing all the books I missed or forgot about over the years..

2.... Hate seeing a great book I forgot about which causes me to go search and then purchase it.

but I do love this contest..

Post 304 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I think two interpretations. One is the “cover” is in need of the arrival of a hero (literal interpretation). Two is the character(s) need the arrival of a hero.

Literally read (interpretation 1) suggests the absence of any hero on the cover. This is how I interpret it.

Perhaps it is both? I just do things...
Post 305 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:

Since you’re the creator, I defer to your ruling.
Post 306 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:

Since you’re the creator, I defer to your ruling.

Judgement begins Wed at high noon. Who am i? Surely you have something in the utility belt...
Post 307 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Reading it again you are correct.

With that said I'll keep the cover I posted as I don't want to win.
Post 308 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
I have a real love hate relationship with this contest...

1.... Love seeing all the books I missed or forgot about over the years..

2.... Hate seeing a great book I forgot about which causes me to go search and then purchase it.

but I do love this contest..

I've bought a book or two because of this competition.

I also enjoy seeing covers I've forgotten about or just seeing for the first time. With over 7 decades of publishing there's always something new.
Post 309 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps I should have posted one of these:

Post 310 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This was my runner up this week.

Post 311 IP   flag post
This is one of my alternates, but I knew it would look a lot like some other entries, so I opted for the flagrant inappropriateness that is Hansi.

Post 312 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My second choice:

Post 313 IP   flag post

Post 314 IP   flag post

Post 315 IP   flag post

Post 316 IP   flag post
NOOOOOOOO!! Not the pupper!!!
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 318 IP   flag post

Post 319 IP   flag post

Post 320 IP   flag post

Post 321 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
My first thought but alas.. my second pick..

and this stunning cover was my third thought..

Post 322 IP   flag post

Post 323 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 324 IP   flag post

Post 325 IP   flag post
Tim Vigil likes wings.

Post 326 IP   flag post
This is pretty creepy.

Post 327 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my all time favorites. I don’t think this would qualify. It’s pulp not a comic.

Post 328 IP   flag post
@Tom74152
WOW, that is a great cover!!
Post 329 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
For further color on this weeks "Lost Universes" comics, I want to somewhat get away from the mainstream. I know most don't have the Lost Universes guide, but there is a Facebook Group that is dedicated to that genre. Here is the link: Comic Book Lost Universes Group.

Would like to see non-Marvel & DC, but won't disqualify legitimate Lost Universes. For some more nuance, if one is to use a Marvel or DC it should NOT be:

- A parallel universe of established characters
- A periodic feature rotating storylines/characters like Marvel Super Special or Epic Illustrated
- A title that was bought by Marvel, DC, etc and is or was still published after 2000 (unless, the continuity/universe was completely abandoned. So Malibu/Ultraverse Exiles would be a yes, but Marvel Exiles would be a no.

No doubt many of you have some Lost Universes in you collection, but if you need a good cover photo, MyComicShop.com has a database full of them for easy copy of scans to post.

There were a lot of great comics with fantastic stories and wonderful art that didn't have the DC and Marvel deep pockets and thus were eventually lost. Let's celebrate them.
Post 330 IP   flag post
615421 653 30