Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread Part Deux17997

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is a great cover. It's giving me ideas, too...
Post 251 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Blackhawk 117 (1st Mr. Feeeze) pre-dates Batman 121 by 2 years (Mr. Zero who becomes Mr. Freeze).

@GAC I haven't been buying lately, but you just inspired my first purchase of the new year. Seeing as they call him "Mr. Freeze" on the cover, I figure it's a minimal risk at about 10% of the Batman 121 price:

It's a cool cover for sure! I was turned on to this book a few years ago from a forum member who no longer posts.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's a cool cover for sure!

Saw what you did there!
Post 253 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's a cool cover for sure!

Saw what you did there!

😉 🍻
Post 254 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@martmann would have had lots of votes with all the ice on his cover.
He just posted in his Park Avenue Collection.

Post 255 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone - check out this week's contest. There is no excuse not to submit a cover this week!
Post 256 IP   flag post
I checked it out! This is a fun one.
Post 257 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
We’re already on Page 2 on the first day! Nice showing with lots of great covers to chose from.
Post 258 IP   flag post
I can't think of another time the first page got filled up so fast!
Post 259 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I got this Wednesday and it’s cool as heck but not a contest winner.

Post 260 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad has joined the party? Now we have a contest!!

Post 261 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcomics

Wow!!! I love it!!
Post 262 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I concur.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@Siggy you know i really dont like you now! is that real? can i touch it? thats fake! This is not fair! i've never seen one b4. can we go to the next contest please!? i cant stop looking at it . can i have my book back now.this guy has DROP THE MIC !!!!!! you cant play any more. Great book!!!!!!! arrggg!!! what you think that would grade at? 9, 9.2 i cant think good right now

LOL Well, it sounds like I'll get at least one vote

@Reelgee I wish it were a 9.0- That scan was taken before I sent it to CFP for a press & clean along with 2 other comics for my first submission to CGC maybe a dozen years ago. It got a 7.0, but I don't have a good image of the slab yet.

I was going to post this book- It was a tough choice, but I don't see Av#2's very often.

Post 264 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Great book
@Reelgee
You must be viewing the forum through a Motorola flip phone if you thought it (the Avengers #2) was a 9.2 lol
Post 265 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 266 IP   flag post
@southerncross and @reelGee - Here’s another Avengers #2 for you to look at.

Post 267 IP   flag post

Post 268 IP   flag post
@GAC - How about your Forever People #7, Angelo? I also like this Arabic comic’s version of Superman #262.

Post 269 IP   flag post
Was considering ASM129 and these two. I find photos don’t do justice to the depth of color.

Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@GAC - How about your Forever People #7, Angelo? I also like this Arabic comic’s version of Superman #262.

Nice!! Great foreign Supes book Ed!

There also this one....

Post 271 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I got this Wednesday and it’s cool as heck but not a contest winner.

This would’ve gotten my vote for sure. Not usually a fan of modern covers but this is great.

Of course the cover you chose is also a potential winner…
Post 272 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking of using this Spanish Cap cover, but I really like the "Cap for President" cover.

Edit, I have the Spanish edition of #250 also. I actually like the cover appearance of it better then the US edition, but foreign comics don't stand a chance in the contest.

For comparison-

Post 273 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 274 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 275 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 276 IP   flag post
That Dr. Who book was one that came to mind for me too:

Also, these:

Post 277 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a doctor cover thats cool.. in case you are looking for something

Post 278 IP   flag post

Post 279 IP   flag post
Some more under the sea covers

And maybe a under the sea dance?
There appears to be someone wearing a pirate costume in the background

Post 280 IP   flag post
619266 658 30