Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia GREAT idea for a contest!!!!
Post 226 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, this is a good one.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I kind of wanted to buck the rules and let people post more than one cover since there's a contender on just about every page of the thread. Maybe after everyone has had a few days to pick a cover...if the group here decided to allow a second and third submission, I would be up for that.
Post 228 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Too many great covers. I found this one @Heinzdad will like.

Post 229 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think @Martymann participates in the WCC but I think he should know this weeks contest is in his honour. I think he'd get a kick out of that.

Can we edit the WCC thread title to include Marty Mann's name in there so he see's it?
Post 230 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I don't think @Martymann participates in the WCC but I think he should know this weeks contest is in his honour. I think he'd get a kick out of that.

Can we edit the WCC thread title to include Marty Mann's name in there so he see's it?

Happy to see @Marty is aware of the WCC theme.
Post 231 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thank you for your kind thought.
I try to view this site as often as I can borrow a laptop.
I truly appreciate this honor and look forward to the top selections.

Marty
Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Thank you for your kind thought.
I try to view this site as often as I can borrow a laptop.
I truly appreciate this honor and look forward to the top selections.

Marty

You're a renowned member of the forum with invaluable first hand accounts of buying awesome books off the rack. If CBCS had a Forum Member Hall of Fame, you'd be the inaugural inductee. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year @Marty!
Post 233 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
This still has me smiling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Something about clowns...

OO

mm
Post 234 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
My entry in the contest this week reminds me of the time Danny Bonaduce was on Gilbert Gotfried's podcast telling a story about David Cassidy. One of the funniest things I've ever heard in.my.life.
Post 235 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - I actually own a copy of your entry this week. Good luck!

Post 236 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
My entry in the contest this week reminds me of the time Danny Bonaduce was on Gilbert Gotfried's podcast telling a story about David Cassidy. One of the funniest things I've ever heard in.my.life.

"...thank God this isn't David Cassidy." 😅🤣😂
Post 237 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts @esaravo @WMorse Glad I am not the only one who remembers watching the Partridge Family.
Bunch of grey beards we are... lol...
Post 238 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Liked this one but decided to go with the chainsaw massacre horror instead

Post 239 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Surprised there's no Adams Family, Munsters or lost in space yet..."Danger Danger" Wil Robertson
Post 240 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to find a Steve Urkel comic for this week. I found coloring books but not a comic.
Post 241 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
No Brady Bunch...? That's the one from childhood, along with the Partridge Family.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Surprised we didn't have this entry:

Post 243 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I almost entered an Addams Family cover, and considered a (different) Married…with Children comic cover … but was really tempted to enter this one:

Post 244 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - My entry this week is the first cover that popped into my comic cover-saturated mind (great minds think alike). And the cover entered by @Byrdibyrd this week was the second one that I thought about (ditto).
Post 245 IP   flag post
@esaravo
I was just surprised no one had submitted mine yet.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo That book was the first one that came to my mind, even though I have a few romance books.

Also this one.

But I went with the tug Ross cover instead.
Post 247 IP   flag post
This was my 2nd choice.

Post 248 IP   flag post
Blackhawk 117 (1st Mr. Feeeze) pre-dates Batman 121 by 2 years (Mr. Zero who becomes Mr. Freeze).
Post 249 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Blackhawk 117 (1st Mr. Feeeze) pre-dates Batman 121 by 2 years (Mr. Zero who becomes Mr. Freeze).

@GAC I haven't been buying lately, but you just inspired my first purchase of the new year. Seeing as they call him "Mr. Freeze" on the cover, I figure it's a minimal risk at about 10% of the Batman 121 price:

Post 250 IP   flag post
That is a great cover. It's giving me ideas, too...
Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

@GAC I haven't been buying lately, but you just inspired my first purchase of the new year. Seeing as they call him "Mr. Freeze" on the cover, I figure it's a minimal risk at about 10% of the Batman 121 price:

It's a cool cover for sure! I was turned on to this book a few years ago from a forum member who no longer posts.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's a cool cover for sure!

Saw what you did there!
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's a cool cover for sure!

Saw what you did there!

😉 🍻
Post 254 IP   flag post
@martmann would have had lots of votes with all the ice on his cover.
He just posted in his Park Avenue Collection.

Post 255 IP   flag post
618083 657 30