Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Going to start shopping for a Showcase 22 again. Anyone out there have a line on one, please hit me up.

6.5+, would prefer something above 7 and Off/White or better
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck, @Haljordanfan. I haven't seen one in that grade for sale in a long time. And it's not for lack of hunting for one, that's for sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan I've been hitting up some collector/dealers I deal with. A 5.0 is the highest that was found. Let you know if anything surfaces
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
see one on ebay for around $12k but its a 5.0. $4k for a non grade but really looks rough on the corners so likely worst

but good luck. best to go to a convention, or look for a comic auction
Post 4 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
LT TO OW, 7.0 at Auction
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
LT TO OW, 7.0 at Auction
thanks for posting, this book is going to break some records
Post 6 IP   flag post
@jake Thanks! I had it on watch.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - You think so? What’s your guess?

I was hoping for off white + personally.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan Did you see the 6.5 ow/w that just sold on heritage for 12k? Last 7.0 sold for 15k, was thinking it might get close to 18k. I'm hoping if you end up with it that you get it for a good deal. What are your thoughts?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - 🤣 are we going to be bidding against each other?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - I’m hoping for the same, the page color is my only deterrent, but I guess I can’t be too picking with the age of the book and the limited pool to choose from.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan not me, I'm content with my lowly 4.0
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nothing wrong with a 4.0 my friend, this is one of a handful that I’ve always wanted higher.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan Best of luck. Hope you score big time!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder - Guess we’ll see how it goes.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - The light tan pages has me a bit off. I know there’s only a handful worldwide 7.0 and up, but if I’m dropping $ I was kind of hoping for off white or better.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan did you win it ?
Post 17 IP   flag post
I followed and bid, but bowed. I wonder if a fellow board member grabbed it?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan tbh, I thought it wasn't a very appealing 7.0, there were many color breaking spine ticks
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - For the $ that it went for I completely agree. I had a hard time with it being a 7.0, I just kept staring at the ticks.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
I followed and bid, but bowed. I wonder if a fellow board member grabbed it?

Wasn’t me. I was bidding throughout the week on the restored 5.5, except I had my times messed up and thought it closed at 11:10, not 9:10. Doh!
Post 21 IP   flag post
601516 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?