Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleMemorabiliaQuestions

NOT A COMIC Topic - BASEBALL TICKET17938

Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
I know this isn't comic-related, but since collectors sometimes branch into many / other formats, I was wondering if anyone on the forum collects old classic World Series or Baseball tickets?

I have one that I'd like to sell but it's not "slabbed" or anything 'graded' or official ...

I'd be interested in learning more about it to determine a good price.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
just look online. what tickets you have? a random game even in a world seires is not a big deal. If it was first game of a hall of famer or the goat. those can go for a lot. see a ticket from Michael Jordan's first nba game selling for $20,000 a ticket from 1963 world series is being sold for around $10,000 but a ticket from 2004 being sold for $23 (all graded)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@dfoster43, I've scene stubs from playoffs and world series at card shows being sold and purchased. My neighbor just bought his brother a plain ticket stub, not even from a playoff or a championship, but it did have an autograph of a player he liked. I keep old concert stubs from my youth, and have scene people that collect those as well, all though, most tickets are digital now, for most event outings. Some are top loaded, framed, and slabbed. I think it's cool to hear the stories about people and those events from a spectator point and from the event. Lastly, I have almost all of my San Diego Comic-Con badges from the last 25 years, and I might still have my very first Comic-Con badge from 1982. Apologies for the lengthy paragraph, mahalo!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
it just depends on what. Im sure a ticket from a random game during regular season from 2015 between Cubs and Giants wont fetch a lot (hypethetically) but ticket of a significant game like Jeter's last, a perfect game/no hitter, first game of a major player (or last) or signed...would fetch a lot
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Demand can also be regional for tickets, @dfoster43. A ticket from Super Bowl 50 (Denver Broncos win, I believe) would probably be more in demand in Denver that, say, New York. Depending what you have for sale you may keep that in mind.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the advice and comments, all, it's much appreciated.

The ticket is from the 1937 World Series, played b/t October 6 - 10, 1937

Lou Gherig and Joe DiMaggio 's NY Yankees beat the NY Giants 8-1.

Yankess ended up winning the series over New York Giants (4-1)

Here's the first link I found

I'm sure I should put it into a card holder at the very least, but it's in great condition. Doesn't look like it's ever been folded.
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
With that being a NY vs. NY series, I bet you'd get lots of interested buyers if it went up for sale.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
You will probably do better if you get it authenticated. I would see what Beckett has to offer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600438 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?