Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Best Places to Sell Slabs?17935

Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
I've been getting slabs back for my Bronze Age comics - and it's a lot of 9.2's and 9.4's I sent these what seems like forever ago and since then I've taught myself cleaning, pressing and been to a lot of shows. These are books I paid cover price for back in the early 80's and I have duplicates of, so it's not too bad.

If you had slabs worth like between $50 and $100 .... would you sell them on eBay or MyComicShop or somewhere else? I live physically near MCS so I can just take them there. Or perhaps these apps I've been reading about work better?

It's stuff like - Daredevil 180 and 182, Contest of Champions 1, Ronin #1. The best one is a Marvel Age 12 that came back a 9.6.

Thanks,
Steve
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would list them here first if you don't mind scanning and know how to package and ship. Outside of that, I would use MCS. No longer a real fan of eBay.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector JMSComics private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Why don't you like eBay anymore?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Myslabs.com is a good option if you can qualify as a seller. The list price will include shipping.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
I really wish MySlabs.com would catch on. Not having a lot of sales luck with them though- even though with only 1% seller fees, I can do a lot better on prices for buyers than I can on ebay.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would list them here first if you don't mind scanning and know how to package and ship. Outside of that, I would use MCS. No longer a real fan of eBay.

Seconded! 🍻
Post 6 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslocktx
I've been getting slabs back for my Bronze Age comics - and it's a lot of 9.2's and 9.4's I sent these what seems like forever ago and since then I've taught myself cleaning, pressing and been to a lot of shows. These are books I paid cover price for back in the early 80's and I have duplicates of, so it's not too bad.

If you had slabs worth like between $50 and $100 .... would you sell them on eBay or MyComicShop or somewhere else? I live physically near MCS so I can just take them there. Or perhaps these apps I've been reading about work better?

It's stuff like - Daredevil 180 and 182, Contest of Champions 1, Ronin #1. The best one is a Marvel Age 12 that came back a 9.6.

Thanks,
Steve

i would say list on ebay and comic link.
i dont know anything about my comic shop
but i called them up and to sell with them you have to ship your comics to them and they hold them to sell.
to me that is a non do point.
i would rather hold my books until they get the right offer and i agree and accept on it.
dont like sending out books to a person i never met
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying mcs right now for the first time. They w r re very helpful when I called to get the whole process going. The books are officially checked in and being imaged for sale in an upcoming auction.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSComics
@DrWatson Why don't you like eBay anymore?

It just seems to be a pain in the butt with no real resolution to a problem other than keep it or send it back. Too many flakes on either side of the transaction.
Post 9 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I think MCS is a good option especially since you are close to them and could hand deliver them.
That's where I have been sending all of my slabs to sell.
It doesn't get much easier. They scan them, list them on their website, you put the prices in as a firm price or with best offer option, and when they sell they ship it.
You just sit back and get a check in the mail or they also pay through Paypal.
The fees are lower than eBay as well.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
Elite comics and grailz on ig. Cl. Mcs. Myslabs. Shortboxed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector JMSComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Rjman48 Speaking of Instagram consignments, diamondcomicclub is a good one too 👍
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
@JMSComics yep! Nice suggestion
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Sell them locally on Facebook/Instagram and other online platforms.
No electronic sales.
Anywhere where it's cash only.

You'll love me next April
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I happen to think MCS is amazing! LOL!

@desslocktx Please email me a list and I can make you an offer. I have amazing references if you need them.

You (Anyone) can reach me at: sborock@mycomicshop.com

Hope I can help you out!
-Steve
Post 15 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Nuffsaid111, as an accountant I could not agree with you more, cash is king.
Post 16 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I have amazing references

I know a few Hippy
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I happen to think MCS is amazing! LOL!

@desslocktx Please email me a list and I can make you an offer. I have amazing references if you need them.

You (Anyone) can reach me at: sborock@mycomicshop.com

Hope I can help you out!
-Steve

(I dunno, this guy seems sketchy to me).
Post 18 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
If things don't happen with Borock...

List them on MySlabs even if you list them elsewhere. Just make sure to take them down if they sell somewhere else though. It's very simple to do. It is a nice deal, 1% fee, but it needs more traffic.

I started a seller's account on Shortboxed but haven't listed yet. Fees I think are still 10% there.

eBay has the biggest audience, of course, but the fees are getting higher and higher.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@desslocktx - I have sold on all of the venues that have been mentioned in the thread. MyComicShop is by far the best convenience and value from both a time standpoint and dollars standpoint. imho.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslocktx

Thanks,
Steve

I'd consign them all with MCS, especially considering you can drop off your slabs in person.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
As an NTX local MCS is no-brainer for stuff like that. It's SO much easier than doing it all yourself!
Post 22 IP   flag post
600695 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?