Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

Ultimate Fallout 4 Newsstand CGC 9.617926

Collector Bender3455 private msg quote post Address this user

This one has a crazy story behind it. I've been doing a re-organization of my comics over the past few months. While going through my stuff, I found this comic (I have most all of the Ultimate Spider-Man books, one of my fav series). So, I sent it off with several other books for grading. A few months later, I get the books back, and this one is labeled by CGC as a facsimile. I thought that to be odd because I remember picking this book up when it came out at a Barnes & Noble while I was out of town for work. So, after heavily researching to make sure I wasn't crazy, I found out the absolute rarity of a Newsstand edition. Had this book come back correctly labeled, I would have said "cool! A 9.6 Miles!" and never would have known. So, I sent it off for regrading...TWICE. Today, I finally have it back in my hand, and while I have several high value books, this goes WELL beyond what I'm used to. From what I understand and have researched, this is 1 of 5 9.6's that exist, and there's 1 9.8. Last week, one of the other 9.6's went on sale at auction, and after 80 bids, brought 15,800.00. Previous to that, a signed 9.4 went for 12k. It's definitely a hot book, extraordinarily rare. I was lucky to grab it considering I get 99% of my books from my local shop. I knew this one wasn't on my list due to it being under the Ultimate Fallout mini series, so I picked it up while out of town. Crazy odds, right? Please feel free to ask any questions. Payments accepted include cash, Venmo, Paypal. Shipping, free to continental US. Most likely free to Alaska and Hawaii. Foreign countries, I'm mostly concerned about things getting stuck in customs never to be seen again.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with the sale.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Good luck with the sale.

Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@GAC This was the most previous sale:

Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bender3455 I believe a forum member also sold a 9.4 cbcs newsttand on MCS recently for close to $12000.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55868647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender3455
Previous to that, a signed 9.4 went for 12k

Looks like I should read posts before commenting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with the sale.

I don't know if books at this value sell on forum boards. Maybe I'm wrong and transactions of this value do happen.

I know if I was to sell a expensive book I'd drop it off personally at a auction house and let it rip.

Good luck with the sale once again 👍
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, not all prices are coming down
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

Wait for it
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:

Wait for it
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Oh crap....is GPA not capturing all sales?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:

Wait for it

I have the book so I’m happy if it keeps going up and up. Miles Morales definitely has been my best comic investment
Post 12 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
ok this explains a lot. my grandma said might get me graded comics when I turn 40 in 2 years. I gave a short list and said Ultimate Fallout #4. assumed maybe $1000 (she said that is fair as this is instead of a lavish trip) (perhaps still depending on things). she spoke to a buddy of hers who...is an expert in comics and he said its super expensive (Im probably just going to list series I like and he'll know what to get)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
ok this explains a lot. my grandma said might get me graded comics when I turn 40 in 2 years. I gave a short list and said Ultimate Fallout #4. assumed maybe $1000 (she said that is fair as this is instead of a lavish trip) (perhaps still depending on things). she spoke to a buddy of hers who...is an expert in comics and he said its super expensive (Im probably just going to list series I like and he'll know what to get)

@poka has a lot of copies he might be able to sell you one that’s not a down payment on something super expensive
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

@poka has a lot of copies he might be able to sell you one that’s not a down payment on something super expensive

it could be a year when its a possibility. Ultimate Fallout #4 is one of my two holy grails (well that can be obtainable without breaking the bank) with the other being New Mutants #98. I do have a facsmile of Ultimate Fallout #4 I got just so I can say I have it in my collection (might get it graded if I dont get the actual issue) for display reasons (plus is still collectable enough)
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Like someone said before, your best bet is to put it up at an auction house. The 9.4 that a forum member sold was through an auction with MCS.
Post 16 IP   flag post
a few hundred dollars. yeah ebay. enough to might have take out a loan to buy...auction house.

a lot can go wrong on ebay too much of a risk.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Like someone said before, your best bet is to put it up at an auction house. The 9.4 that a forum member sold was through an auction with MCS.

I may end up doing that. I have ZERO experience with an auction house. I was also trying to avoid eBay, but I may need to look into some more appropriate options. My biggest concern with an auction house is lack of exposure, but thats also coming from my lack of auction house experience.
Post 18 IP   flag post
$14,000 is a lot of money (in general not for issue) best to do an auction house as suggested. but also have a min. so it doesnt end up selling for $1000 (still a lot but not close to $14,000) I had no idea there are certain copies that sell for that much. go to your local comic shop. see if they know of any good auction houses to sell it
Post 19 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Mycomicshop.com is a great option. As already mentioned, a 9.4 signed copy made a strong sale on their auction recently.

I’d love to make an offer on it but I’m not quite ready. It would go really well with my Thor GoT 2 & 6 amongst others. I feel like UF4 newsstand is my one that got away. Thought I had more time.

Post 20 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
If you have sales history on ebay you may be eligible to start an account on myslabs.com. I'd give it a try and you may also be eligible to list under their high-end/showcase option.

https://myslabs.com/guidelines-terms-conditions/#H
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
If you have sales history on ebay you may be eligible to start an account on myslabs.com. I'd give it a try and you may also be eligible to list under their high-end/showcase option.

https://myslabs.com/guidelines-terms-conditions/#H

Thanks for that. I'm going to look into that and see what it would entail.
Post 22 IP   flag post
601238 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?