Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Charlton, Dell, Atlas/Seaboard, Marvel! War, Horror, Drek! Low/Mid-Grade!!17904

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I decided to have my other two sales threads locked because I believe they had run their course. This thread will contain some new 'old' comics I picked up at a yard sale, mostly Silver/Bronze and a little Copper. It was cheaper to buy a small box of comics in order to get a handful of books for my personal collection. LOL.

Nothing really crazy will be listed, in my opinion. No serious keys, but there are a few minor ones. I've got war and horror stuff from Charlton, Dell, and others. I even got my hands on a few Atlas Comics/Seaboard Periodicals raws. I have about a half dozen Golden Age-sized comics, but I need bags and boards first so I will list those last. I may even relist some stuff I had in the other thread I had going. I need money for my gas guzzling truck we'll be taking on vacation next month!!! LMFAO

I will ship by Media Mail for free…any other shipping type will be partially paid for by the buyer. We’ll discuss it in DM. 😃

No returns on comics, unless something nasty happened during shipment.

I have some feedback here in the forums, but those threads are locked. Let me know if you need the links to them to see for yourself. 👍

Please feel free to make offers in a DM, or just grab it in the thread.

Just because a comic isn’t listed here, i.e. Copper or Modern, doesn’t mean I don’t have it. I don't list my huge Modern collection here. Feel free to message me and ask. Thanks for visiting!!! 👍🤙🖖
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-Man #140. This issue features the 1st appearance of Gloria Grant, as well as appearances by Grizzly and the Jackal. Marvel Value Stamp #75, Morbius, intact.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages.

$25 shipped

Post 2 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #143. This issue features the 1st appearance of Cyclone, an appearance by Jackal, as well as a cameo by the clone of Gwen Stacy. Apparently, this is the first issue where Peter and MJ first kiss. Woo hoo!!!

VG/FN, or better; off-white pages.

$15 shipped

Post 3 IP   flag post
Batman #201. This issue features almost all the Batman characters, including the Joker.

This comic is in rough shape, but it is intact and can be clearly read. There is some interior cover tanning, moisture stains, and a small piece missing from the top of the last page. There is also a small tear at the top of the back cover, along with all that writing along the top near the spine corner. The front cover scan shows a bent lower right corner, but I flattened it out while putting back into the SA bag.

I estimate this copy is no better than Good condition (probably less).

GD, no better; tan to cream pages.

$10 shipped

Post 4 IP   flag post
Batman #206. Is Batman going to die in the electric chair??!!

This copy is in about the same graded condition, in my opinion. The cover is mildly in danger of becoming detached...be careful. It is complete and can be clearly read. It has a nasty spine roll, with moisture damaged covers & tanning. I'd say this comic is also no better than Good condition.

GD, no better; tan to cream pages

$9 shipped

Post 5 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Arion, Lord of Atlantis #4. This issue features the origin of Arion.

I'm not going to bother giving a grade estimate on this one...they aren't valuable anyway. There is a lot of staining on the back, including that red 'koolaid' looking stain, which caused moisture damage. Sooooo, this one is....

FREE, with any purchase

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Love your stuff, brother. Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer and making another purchase!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Love your stuff, brother. Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer and making another purchase!

Much appreciated, my friend. I usually deal in the stuff that people overlook. I don't try to hunt down big keys and expensive books. Lots of collectors like the drek...like me!!! LMAO
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have tried to sell these next three comics before. I purchased them awhile back when I was still subbing comics...I don't do that anymore. The covers are kind of amusing, and they are fun reads. Buy all three as a lot, or individually.

For the lot....$30 shipped.

ARRGH! #2. This issue features appearances by Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and Wolfman. Gotta love the cover!!!

FN-, or better; off-white pages.

Arrgh! #3. This issue features The Mummy, as well as a cameo appearance by Namor.

VF-, or better; off-white pages.

$15

Arrgh! #4. This issue features appearances by Nightstalker (TV), Dracula, and the Hunchback. Of course, their names were changed in this parody.

VF-, or better; off-white pages.

$15

Post 9 IP   flag post
Battlefield Action #68. This issue contains WWII P.O.W. stories.

This comics defects are pretty much seen in the scans. The biggest issues are the one inch tear on the front cover near the top spine corner, and the small tears and chunks missing from the top of the back cover. I'm thinking this comic is about a GD/VG (probably less).

GD/VG, no better; off white pages, with some tanning on a few of the page edges.

$6 shipped

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Tag
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Avengers #125. This issue features an appearance by Thanos, along with Black Panther and Scarlet Witch. Marvel Value Stamp #69, Marvel Girl, intact.

FN, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$25 shipped

Post 12 IP   flag post
Batman Annual #5 (Summer 1963). This issue features the 1st appearances of the Zebra-Man and The Daredevils.

This issue is probably considered a reader copy, but still in decent condition. The scans speak for themselves. This one was a bit tricky for me to estimate a grade, so be gentle. One thing to note: the back cover is detached from the upper and lower staples, so it was handled delicately. It is still attached by paper to the front cover.

GD, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$20 shipped

Post 13 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Batman Annual #8. This issue features appearances by Robin and Ra's & Talia Al Ghul.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages

$8 shipped

Post 14 IP   flag post
Here are my Bronze Age Batman and the Outsiders. I have the first 10 issues, then a gap before finishing up with #13 to #16. I have more of this series, but I don't list Copper & Moderns here very much. I have way too large a collection of that stuff, therefore it would be a massive thread. LOL.

Don't hesitate to message me if you're looking for other issues other than what is listed here.

Take the whole lot for $40 shipped, or single copies for listed price below (doesn't include shipping). I'm only including scans of certain issues, otherwise this post would be huge. But I will provide more scans if requested.

1. Batman & the Outsiders #1 (newsstand)--VF-, or better(origin)----------------$12
2. Batman & the Outsiders #2--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
3. Batman & the Outsiders #3--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
4. Batman & the Outsiders #4--VF, or better--------------------------------------------$4
5. Batman & the Outsiders #5--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
6. Batman & the Outsiders #6 (newsstand)--FN/VF, or better----------------------$4
7. Batman & the Outsiders #7--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
8. Batman & the Outsiders #8--VF-, or better-------------------------------------------$3
9. Batman & the Outsiders #9 (newsstand)---VF, or better--------------------------$5
10. Batman & the Outsiders #10--VF-, or better----------------------------------------$3
11. Batman & the Outsiders #13--FN/VF, or better(Batman origin recap)-------$4
12. Batman & the Outsiders #14--VF, or better-----------------------------------------$4
13. Batman & the Outsiders #15--VF, or better-----------------------------------------$4
14. Batman & the Outsiders #16 (newsstand)--FN/VF, or better(Halo origin)---$3

Issue #1:

Issue #6:

Issue #9:

Issue #13:

Issue #16:

Post 15 IP   flag post
Beetle Bailey #104. This issue features an appearance by Sgt. Snorkle.

This book would benefit from a clean and press. The biggest issues are the split spine at the top that affects the first few wraps inside, along with a spine roll. It also looks like there's some residue on the front cover, just a couple inches from the bottom spine corner. I think this will clean off. Otherwise, the comic is complete and can be clearly read.

GD/VG, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$6 shipped

Post 16 IP   flag post
Beyond the Grave #3 (Charlton Comics). This issue features cover and interior work by Steve Ditko.

Unfortunately, this comic has way to many issues to bother grading. That back cover is horrendous, so......

FREE, with any purchase

Post 17 IP   flag post
Black Goliath #3. This issue features an appearance by Tony Stark.

GD/VG, or better...cream to off-white pages

$6 shipped

Post 18 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #91. This issue features an appearance by Black Canary.

GD, or better; off-white pages.

$7 shipped

Post 19 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #92. This issue features the 1st appearance of The Bat Squad.

VG-, or better; cream to off-white pages.

$10 shipped

Post 20 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #108. This issue presents Batman and Sgt. Rock, as well as an appearance by Hitler.

The scans tell it all, especially the front cover. The cover is getting close to detaching from the top staple. There's a chunk of paper missing near the bottom spine corner (front cover only). The front's right page edge...OUCH!!! There is a spine roll as well. The book is complete, and can be read clearly. I'm estimating this comic is in Good condition, most likely less.

GD, no better; off-white pages.

$6 shipped

Post 21 IP   flag post
Brave and the Bold #139. This issue presents Batman and Hawkman.

This comic has issues, especially the missing paper around the front cover edges. The ink is fairly worn off all around too. So...

FREE with any purchase.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Here's an early Copper Age comic...

Newsstand edition copy of Captain America #280. This issue features an appearance by Scarecrow.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages

$7 shipped

Post 23 IP   flag post
Capt. Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders #7. This story features Ben Grimm, pre-Thing, which occurs before Fantastic Four #1.

This comic is in decent shape, but there are a couple of larger issues. There's the marker writing on the front cover, once in black, and once in red underneath that. There are two small tears on the front cover's right page edge, one on the soldier's back (can't miss it) and another about two inches above that. It tears into the surfboard. There is a mild spine roll, plus a date stamp at the top (front). The back cover shows a few horizontal production wrinkle near the left page edge. These may press out, but I wouldn't doubt if they break ink. The comic is complete and easily read.

VG, give or take; cream pages.

$15 shipped

Post 24 IP   flag post
Chamber of Chills #6, September 1973. This is a horror-suspense comic, featuring pencil work by John Romita.

VG, or better; tan to cream pages.

$10 shipped

Post 25 IP   flag post
Charlton Bullseye #8.

This comic has some issues, but it's intact and readable. The cover is detached from the top staple, and barely hanging on at the bottom staple. It's not valuable, so...

FREE with any purchase.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Chamber of Chills #6, September 1973. This is a horror-suspense comic, featuring pencil work by John Romita.

$10 shipped

I'll take it, and the Beyond the Grave freebie.

Just keep them in a pile if you would please. I'd like to see what else you'll be listing also.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130

$10 shipped

I'll take it, and the Beyond the Grave freebie.

Just keep them in a pile if you would please. I'd like to see what else you'll be listing also.

You got it, my friend. 👍🙂
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Destructor #1, Atlas Comics/Seaboard Periodicals. This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of The Destructor. This comic contains some partial pencil work by Steve Ditko.

For those of you that don’t know, Atlas/Seaboard was an independent comic publishing company that didn’t last an entire year. But folks like Steve Ditko, Wally Wood, Neal Adams, Larry Hama, and many others did some comic work for this entity. This company helped changed the industry, even though it was defunct after about six months.

The comic is structurally sound, but the scans speak for themselves. Plenty of ink wear on the front, especially along the spine, soiling and a few cleanable stains on the back cover, as well as some creases near the corners that lightly break the ink. There is a very mild spine roll as well. If cleaned and pressed, this will probably be a higher grade comic.

VG/FN, or better; off-white pages.

$15 shipped

Post 29 IP   flag post
G.I. War Tales #2, Dinosaur cover. This comic reprints stories from Star Spangled War Stories #134, Our Fighting Forces #114, and G.I. Combat #133. Neal Adams contributed to the original stores.

The comic has some issues, but it is intact. The cover has partially detached from the top staple, there are ink-breaking corner creases, a small piece is missing near the top right corner (front), as well as some mild 'crinkling' on the back cover. There is obvious soiling on the back, along with a decent scratch in the ink below the 'hand'. It doesn't go through the paper. There is a mild spine roll too.

GD/VG, or better; cream to off-white pages (more off-white I think).

$10 shipped

Post 30 IP   flag post
601299 148 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.