Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPCertified Comics For SaleFor Sale

For Sale: Spawn #1 Newsstand McFarlane Verified Signature CBCS 9.617894

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Up for sale is the Newsstand Edition of Spawn #1 CBCS 9.6 with White pages.

Asking $600, PayPal Goods & Services.

Shipping included in the continental U.S.

Of course, I’d prefer no returns, but if there is an issue, I will work with you.

The Newsstand is thought to have been printed in a ratio of 1/100 compared to the Direct version.

Verified Todd McFarlane on the interior splash page!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome book and with the signature where it should be, on the inside. Good luck!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Thanks!

Oh, and I forgot to post this. The signature pre-encapsulation for those interested.

Post 3 IP   flag post
One more:

Wolverine (Vol. 2) #1 newsstand CBCS 8.5, with White pages. Verified Claremont Signature.

Same terms as above. $175, Shipped.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Going to Florida Supercon next weekend - to get Chris Claremount. Cant wait. Looking to get some original art from him. Anyone know if cbcs is doing witness at this con?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Question regarding the McFarlane book. I see the signature is on the inside of the book, then I read @Hcanes comment saying that's where the sign should be.

That got me thinking - shouldnt autographs be on the cover for display purposes? Why would anyone want the signature in the inside of the book? Does this typically effect value?

thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
My philosophy is very simple with autographs:

- If there is a 1st page indicia within the comic (Pre-90s), then it goes there. It's a blank area. A comic book is a book. Books get signatures inside the book. I photograph the autograph and place inside the mylar bag when I receive the graded book back for those that complain "I can't see the autograph".

- If the book does not have an indicia (post - 90s), then I choose cover only because the indicia is gone. One is either getting the autograph on the cover and ruining the art; or one is getting it on the inside with no blank area and ruining the art inside. So I choose the better of the 2 bad situation and place the autograph on the cover for post - 90s books
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 - thanks !
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 he’s being old school. 😂.
Back in the day, artists would sign the splash page of the book and not its cover.

Steve
Post 9 IP   flag post
Price drop to $500.

That’s $95 below the last CGC equivalent sale in grade for a McFarlane signed Newsstand.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Spawn sold on fee-bay this evening. Less than I wanted, but he bundled 3 books, so, I gave him a deal.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600839 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?